Need some help with picking a Dvarw
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      9/30/2022 12:13:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16980
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30464
+4 details
No problem with peek chambers, had a couple too. In several attys.
#32 (permalink)      9/30/2022 1:17:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SirTimmyTimbit
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 826
  • Reviews 181
  • Kudos797
+4 details
Jubby wrote:

cilika wrote:
There's a PEEK chamber for the FL22, here. SKU 9730870
And apparently it works with the V1 V2 too.

I’ve never needed to replace a peek chamber. Just sayin.

Well you know the scene isn't what it used to be. New rules and regulations are coming down all the time. Rebuildables are giving way to pods and disposables. There used to be a new atty out everyday of the week at FT, now you're lucky to get a couple a month.

During 2013-18 I couldn't care less if the atty wasn't the best quality or if I didn't have any spare parts. Something newer and better would be out the following month that I'd switch to. Rebuildables don't earn as much money as the pods and disposables, so I don't see too many innovations in this area in the near future. This might be good for the clone market as manus will not have to pump out new products, they can just keep producing existing popular designs for a better profit, but who knows.

So now I have to plan things a few years into the future. I gotta make sure I have spares of spares just in case I cannot buy them due to unavailability or regulations. Peek is still plastic, it can still melt in a freak accident, or I can break it somehow. If I don't have spares then the whole atty would become unusable.

I'm having to "prepare" like this with DIY juice too. I used to buy flavors and nic from Nicotine River. Hundreds of flavors, good salt nic, all cheap and widely available. Now it's more complicated to source nic. Some flavor sites shut down, like Wizard Labs. The others
are slimming down on selection.

The main ingredient in my ADV - Wrecka Sexy Mango used to be available in several shops, now it's only available in one. And it looks like they're going to stop carrying it soon too. So the other day I bought up 4 years worth of the flavor, just in case.

I would've bought a legit FL if the 3.5ml was in stock, and if they didn't nickel and dime us with those AFC inserts. I might still buy a legit KFL 2021 as the new pin design looks to solve my biggest issue - the leak through 510. It's also very reasonably priced especially since EUR is cheap now.

I want to buy legit because they're likely made of the best materials, and thus are likely to last longer. I know some clones can be just as good, but there's no guarantee. I can't know for certain if I'm gonna see rust in some parts of a clone atty three years from now. Sure it can happen to authentics too, but I have more faith in Svoemesto's QA than no name cloners.

This is a relatively new perspective for me where longevity and reliability are more important than "slight" difference in price. I say slight because a pack of smokes in Canada is now about $15 USD. Starting tomorrow a 120ml bottle will have an additional $12 USD excise tax applied on it, making a budget 120ml juice at B&M go from $24 USD to $36 USD.

It's just sad to think about the good ole days when we were on top of the world 😢

Edited on 9/30/2022 at 4:53 AM
Dark Theme for Fastttech: https://goo.gl/Y3uKbw ¦¦¦¦ Last updated: May 26, 2020.
#33 (permalink)      9/30/2022 2:07:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2978
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2420
+3 details
SirTimmyTimbit wrote:

...So now I have to plan things a few years into the future. I gotta make sure I have spares of spares just in case I cannot buy them due to unavailability or regulations... 😢

Yeah, I understand absolutely what you're aiming at, and your reasons for doing it. That continuing 'turning of the screw' across the Atlantic is nothing short of absurd. :-(

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#34 (permalink)      9/30/2022 2:32:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Shoe_Ting
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2022
  • Posts 1234
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1604
+4 details
cilika wrote:

No problem with peek chambers

Those rooms where you can pay half a penny and look at the crazy people through a little hole?

my baby don't mess around because she loves me so and this I know fo sho (uh)
#35 (permalink)      9/30/2022 4:09:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ZenAnarchi
  • JoinedMar 2021
  • Posts 128
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos210
+5 details
I hear you loud and clear! Here in Norway, the government has been threatening with even more restrictions on flavors and punitive customs on even the smallest imports from China. After investigating extensively, even pleading for help here, I purchased an authentic Kf lite plus for about $70. My reasoning was that the quality would be guaranteed, and it would last longer than a copy. Even though everyone says that the knockoffs are just as good, I’ve experienced problems with at 2 rda/rta’s I’ve bought from China. No big deal when they’re less than a third of the price, but who knows what availability is going to be like in the future? I have to say, I absolutely love my Kayfun, can’t put it down, and I’ve had to use less nicotine in my favorite e-liquid because of chain vaping 😂 The best machining I’ve seen on a rta, and it really is a joy to use. No regrets! 👏🏻 I will still order from FT, but now I will be buying to test out if I want to buy the authentic rta from the manufacturers, f ex buy a Dvarw FL here and see if I like it enough to save up and buy the original from KHW mods…
#36 (permalink)      9/30/2022 7:32:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16980
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30464
+3 details
I hear you too, SirTimmyT. You've picked out two great examples, as those attys are still made in their country.
Other designers cooperate more and more with Chinese smaller manufacturers.
But, as a consequence of many things, Chinese use far better grade materials for their stuff (at least concerning stainless steel) like all those years back, so you can trust them more, at least with better quality clones. At the same time ... to wonder where the authentic makers get their materials from, these days, when everything is mainly produced in Asia.

At a time, while I probably 'hoarded' together enough gears for a whole life time =) (and I DIY too), never tried to stock nic. and the other ingredients excessively, for the years ahead. If one day a real crise comes, I think the main problem would be the supply of energy, these types of batteries and recharging them (if it's about vaping). But we'll see. :))
#37 (permalink)      9/30/2022 7:32:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4416
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos16388
+3 details
cilika wrote:

It was only the chamber cap…

Id have a lot moar Dvarws if they ever sold that chimney cap 😂

If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#38 (permalink)      9/30/2022 12:53:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16980
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30464
+4 details
#39 (permalink)      10/3/2022 4:19:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Shoe_Ting
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2022
  • Posts 1234
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1604
$0.20 rebate earned
Got to stop doing drunk eBay.

I actually literally bought this a couple of days ago

my baby don't mess around because she loves me so and this I know fo sho (uh)
#40 (permalink)      10/3/2022 7:11:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VicViking
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 826
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos560
+1 details
Are We playin' Dress-Up ???

Is The Fucking You Get, Worth The Fucking You Get ???
#41 (permalink)      10/10/2022 10:40:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SirTimmyTimbit
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 826
  • Reviews 181
  • Kudos797
+1 details

Chef's to stop selling single flavors because it's not sustainable.

Really sad day. They used to have a huge selection, much of which was hard to find elsewhere.
Dark Theme for Fastttech: https://goo.gl/Y3uKbw ¦¦¦¦ Last updated: May 26, 2020.