Need some help with picking a Dvarw
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      9/29/2022 4:15:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2984
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos4755
+1 details
If I can avoid ST, i do so. I have a couple of ST tanks because they were on the cheap side but quality-wise they're not at the same level as the more reputable manufacturers.
Also, there is nothing wrong whatsoever with that 10$ dvarw.

Edited on 9/29/2022 at 4:33 PM. Reason:
We can't agree on everything.
#22 (permalink)      9/29/2022 4:28:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Shoe_Ting
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2022
  • Posts 1234
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1681
+2 details
philipvdb wrote:

dvarw.

When you say that word out loud, is it like the little guys with axes? Or do you say each letter like CBS? Or do you just see the word and not actually say it in your head at all? Is there an "in" way to say it that the cool people know and now you're all laughing at me for not knowing?

my baby don't mess around because she loves me so and this I know fo sho (uh)
#23 (permalink)      9/29/2022 4:46:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2986
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2427
+1 details
quarks wrote:

Are all the cheap ones good, or are there some I should avoid?


I have to admit I entirely agree with the others here.

The Dvarw seems to be one of those rare attys where it doesn't really matter who makes them, they all just natively work as they should. Unlike some kit, where users will point you in the direction of SXK or Ulton, because the cheaper ones are a 'bit pants'.

#24 (permalink)      9/29/2022 7:03:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Jubby
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4416
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos16388
+1 details
*nodding and taking a drag off one of my Dvarws. (Even I don’t know how it’s supposed to be pronounced Shoe_ting)
If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#25 (permalink)      9/29/2022 8:37:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
SirTimmyTimbit
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 826
  • Reviews 181
  • Kudos797
+3 details
analogueman wrote:

SirTimmyTimbit wrote:
Here's my cart for the FL. I got an SXK and a steam turner bell, just in case one of them doesn't work. But the FL is much prettier than V2 so I don't even think it needs a bell to be honest.
Other than the 'replacement peek chimney' which is for the baby Dvarw (I'll assume that's deliberate), it all looks good to me! :-)



Haha sadly that was not intentional. I didn't look too deep into it, thought it was for the FL :(

I didn't end up ordering it though as it has a 7 business days wait time. I tried to minimize those sort of items as much as possible. Thankfully it all worked out.

Thanks for pointing it out 😊

Dark Theme for Fastttech: https://goo.gl/Y3uKbw ¦¦¦¦ Last updated: May 26, 2020.
#26 (permalink)      9/29/2022 9:15:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
quarks
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 6096
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos9173
+2 details
philipvdb wrote:

If I can avoid ST, i do so. I have a couple of ST tanks because they were on the cheap side but quality-wise they're not at the same level as the more reputable manufacturers.
Also, there is nothing wrong whatsoever with that 10$ dvarw.



Thanks. I think I'll put SKU 9652193 on my next order. It certainly has a reasonable price.

It looked good, but I know nothing about dvarw, so all advice is helpful.

#27 (permalink)      9/29/2022 9:26:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16998
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30490
+2 details
There's a PEEK chamber for the FL22, here. SKU 9730870
And apparently it works with the V1 V2 too.
#28 (permalink)      9/29/2022 11:31:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Jubby
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4416
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos16388
+2 details
quarks wrote:

philipvdb wrote:
If I can avoid ST, i do so. I have a couple of ST tanks because they were on the cheap side but quality-wise they're not at the same level as the more reputable manufacturers.
Also, there is nothing wrong whatsoever with that 10$ dvarw.

Thanks. I think I'll put SKU 9652193 on my next order. It certainly has a reasonable price.

It looked good, but I know nothing about dvarw, so all advice is helpful.



Can’t go wrong with that one.

If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#29 (permalink)      9/29/2022 11:32:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Jubby
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4416
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos16388
+2 details
cilika wrote:

There's a PEEK chamber for the FL22, here. SKU 9730870
And apparently it works with the V1 V2 too.



I’ve never needed to replace a peek chamber. Just sayin.

If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#30 (permalink)      9/30/2022 12:09:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16998
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30490
+3 details
Nor have I. :)) Or wait, I replaced some V1 chambers for bigger wick holes. But those were SS.
It was only the chamber cap which one needed as an extra, when you bought some top fill Dvarws and later on wanted to use them with the standard tanks.



Those ones were lacking this part:



Shame that they are all discontinued


Edited on 9/30/2022 at 12:23 AM
#31 (permalink)      9/30/2022 12:13:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16998
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30490
+4 details
No problem with peek chambers, had a couple too. In several attys.