Anyone got leaking problems with Vessel RBA?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/2/2022 1:46:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dub09
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1814
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos564
Anyone got leaking problems with Vessel RBA?
I got the v1 Pulse AIO and the vessel rba was leaky af. Both the stock top and bottom gaskets were by default leaking. Any fix for this?
Smoking is Dead, Vaping is the Future, and the Future is Now... So I will ask a percentage of your sales for each device review I do.
#2 (permalink)      9/2/2022 4:04:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rphaeldenver
  • JoinedSep 2022
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
I started with the arctic tank and a ipv 2 mini cant wait for the d2 to ship already.
Now I own a mutation x v4 and a mini mad hatter.

On both rda I build with a 26g kanthal either parallel or twisted. Mostly twisted, and most of my build are at .5 ohms. I often smoke at 40-55 watts.

I always have alot of leaking on the rda that leaks to the ipv and and inside the 510 connector. Well the "a lot" of leaking usually comes after I been smoking it like lets 20 puffs?

Is that leaking because of my wicking or is my watts to high? I rarely drip on my mutation I usually just "paint" the juice. And on my mad hatter mini do drip it but I just drop like 2-3 drops per coil.

Mod (lydia) edited on 9/4/2022 at 10:18 PM (spam link was deleted)
#3 (permalink)      9/3/2022 10:12:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
minimag03
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2018
  • Posts 112
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos32
dub09 wrote:

I got the v1 Pulse AIO and the vessel rba was leaky af. Both the stock top and bottom gaskets were by default leaking. Any fix for this?

I bought one but never even attempted to build it. The primary seal, between deck and tank, was so loose that I could tell it would probably leak. But who am I kidding? The guy above me perfectly explained how to fix you're leaking issue lol

The only piece of advice I can offer is Vandy Vape's customer service has actually helped me in the past. They even sent me a brand new Pulse 80w mod because mine simply had a sticky fire button. So if the seals are bad, you can probably get a new set from them.

Edited on 9/3/2022 at 10:13 AM
#4 (permalink)      9/3/2022 11:11:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2980
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos4745
rphaeldenver wrote:

I started with the arctic tank and a ipv 2 mini cant wait for the d2 to ship already.

On both rda I build with a 26g kanthal either parallel or twisted. Mostly twisted, and most of my build are at .5 ohms. I often smoke at 40-55 watts.

I always have alot of leaking on the rda that leaks to the ipv and and inside the 510 connector. Well the "a lot" of leaking usually comes after I been smoking it like lets 20 puffs?

Is that leaking because of my wicking or is my watts to high? I rarely drip on my mutation I usually just "paint" the juice. And on my mad hatter mini do drip it but I just drop like 2-3 drops per coil.

🤣🤣🤣

We can't agree on everything.
#5 (permalink)      9/3/2022 12:49:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 911
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos861
rphaeldenver wrote:

GEOLYTICS INC.

You're still waiting for an IPV mini D2 to ship... Jeez, how many years have you been waiting?

To the OP. I'd try contacting Vandy, they should send you new seals if yours are bad.

#6 (permalink)      9/3/2022 1:52:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 2556
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4164
+1 details
rphaeldenver wrote:

GEOLYTICS INC.

The entire post except the spam link at the end is copy-pasted from a 7 year old post on Vaping Underground:

https://vapingunderground.com/threads/need-help-regarding-leakage-on-rda.110741/
😝

#7 (permalink)      9/3/2022 1:59:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ericsgreen
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2020
  • Posts 116
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos32
My trick for the pulse, after getting replacement vessel, replacement seals, is to not force the chimney up too hard, the vessel deck is too loose but had to work with it by letting some of the seal be pressed into the tank bottom, instead of letting it slide into the deck, then raise the positive screw a bit to keep good pressure on it, mine kind of settles in a way that the deck is lightly held on if I unscrew it, but definitely not tight like any other kind of rba like this

I remember someone saying a tiny bit of Teflon tape under the gasket, and then put gasket on
#8 (permalink)      9/3/2022 8:06:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LukeV
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 197
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos133
Vandy Vape will supposedly send you tighter fitting gaskets, but you'll be waiting on that to happen for a while. Their warranty service is slooooow. I started my claim at the end of June and I still haven't received my replacement.

Also, they do not offer a warranty on anything purchased from Fast Tech. I guess they dont consider them an authorized retailer, which is just all kinds of silly.
Teenage angst has paid off well. Now I'm bored and old.
#9 (permalink)      9/4/2022 8:08:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 557
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos179
I run 3 vessels daily and none of mine leak at all through the seals, but VV does offer warranty seals and gaskets like LukeV said and I actually never swapped mine out but I did get 2 set's from VV warranty a while back. Try the other orings in the kit or get the warranty ones, they're thicker and hold the deck to the chimney better if that is an issue for ya. It's a great RBA, essentially a Kylin RTA boro RBA, I find them very flavorful and nice RDL at 42w, usually 0.25ohm alien 3-27/37 5 wrap TMN80 in mine.
#10 (permalink)      9/5/2022 4:18:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ervinjason
  • JoinedSep 2022
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0

#11 (permalink)      9/13/2022 7:29:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dub09
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1814
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos564
Thanks for the suggestions, I already reached out to vandyvape CS. Got a first reply asking recipient address for the replacement o-rings, a week after and no more updates. I've used teflon tape as a temporary fix, the sides of the PC tank section is bulging af now. -_-
Smoking is Dead, Vaping is the Future, and the Future is Now... So I will ask a percentage of your sales for each device review I do.