Vandy Vape Pulse Aio cracks bulletin.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/11/2022 3:42:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Soultaco
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2022
  • Posts 31
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos13
Vandy Vape Pulse Aio cracks bulletin.
Thought y'all might like to read this if you are getting cracks in your AIO. TO ALL DEAR VV FAM

“While the original design was sound, the way users utilized the mod presented scenarios that weren’t easily predicted. Low ohm builds, high heat, different boro tanks, and other factors introduced the possibility for fractures that we didn’t experience in development of the mod. Service has been over and above other China manufactures, and will continue to be so. We have improved the frame, and any future warranty claims will receive this version, including any that have already been replaced and have further issues. Thank you for your patience, and support of Vandy Vape and Tony B Project”

Follow Vandy Vape for more details.
#2 (permalink)      5/12/2022 7:12:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5945
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
Thanks for the heads up!
#3 (permalink)      5/12/2022 7:13:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 303
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos113
Thanks! My solid Black one has over 6k puffs and no issues, run multiple bridges/boro's in it, 0.24 at 42-50w and beat the crap out of it, but I know those non-solid color ones have lots of issues.

Edited on 5/12/2022 at 7:15 AM
#4 (permalink)      5/12/2022 7:26:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
it's mainly user error - much like the SXK Billet. Mine is fine, but I already knew what to do, and what not to do. These are the "biggies":

Over tightening the drip tip adapter/ locking nut. - A huge issue, a does not need excessive tightening. SNUG is a good term, tight is asking for issues.

The next one is Double wrapped batteries. These stress the back and side walls of the battery compartment, and is my only hairline crack location on my Billet...caused by "fancy, matchy-matchy double wrapped cells". Remove the original wrap if you want a new color battery!

I don't buy the "low ohm" excuse...this is another vape "myth", just like "adding/removing a wrap on a coil"! Low ohm builds are usually less hot overall, especially considering the small coiling area allowed on most bridges...there simply isnt enough room for big, bulky hot coils, so most of the heat is from high resistance builds, "resisting" electricity flow. This isn't a real issue, and is an excuse, partly to appease angry customers.

Sure, anything's possible, but it's mostly user error. We knew this was going to be a thing - Billets are for the top-tier of vapers, which directly clashes with the idea of Billets being "the new hotness". Hurt feelings will abound!

I wouldn't worry too much if anyone hasn't experienced any cracking on their device. Be careful, only snug up the top, and Don't drop it!
What does he mean when he says words?
#5 (permalink)      5/12/2022 5:05:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5945
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4234
+1 details
"Billets are for the top-tier of vapers"

Yeah because as we all know, the top-tier of vapers, ONLY like cute little AIO's! (Sarcasm)

My pulse got here today, it's ummm, it is very cute. It kind of makes me want a Dot AIO more than a Billet because they are even smaller and cuter. Just initial impressions, that is not meant as a full review. I got the black one it feels kind of durable, we shall see. I don't really plan to pull any punches with it. I am not planning to tighten the nut down to much or do silly things with it, but I plan to put decent coils in it, if it dies I will update you all. I have taken about 5 pulls off the included coil to see how that is, nothing with the RBA yet. I treat gear really well, so of coarse anyone else mileage my vary.
#6 (permalink)      5/14/2022 6:22:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16425
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29900
Yeah right, forget about the low build thing, nobody was trying to create any myths, lol. Any builds can get hot because of the tiniest factor, or just stay cool all along.
But any build you can heat up, when pushing the "required" watts for that it happens.
My RBA got pretty hot with a modest .4ohm plain kanthal build at 24W when I didn't notice that the tank was nearly empty and kept sucking the hell out of it! Or whatever.
But it's certain that heat can deteriorate the shape of a little plastic box with relatively thin walls.

I don't see why using other RBAs would cause any issues unless they are far too tight fit. But then why someone would keep forcing them into it.

Would've never thought if someone wants fancy wrapped batteries, would add 2 more layers on the initial one. lol. 80% of my mods (tube/ box/ any) wouldn't be able to take it.

What I still found when tried for a couple of hours, using the 18650 adapter puts a hair too much pressure in it (if ever). (all my batteries are absolutely standard though - well I tried maybe 2 different ones and didn't insist with them)

@Eternal, glad to hear you received it!

Once I cracked a resin squonk box at the 510 connector. It flown away and landed on the tiling somewhere. lol, not a big surprise...

I can't give any updates on mine two as i was away w/o them for a couple of days, but I can tell, that the DotaioV2 with a Pioneer RBA just survived around 1500km of road without the slightest issues of condensation, leak, whatsoever. Unless to tell that idem for my second Pulse which was sitting at home on a table with battery, RBA charged in it (not its own RBA) and i found it as it was left. ;)

Edited on 5/14/2022 at 7:37 AM
#7 (permalink)      5/14/2022 7:06:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
The black version is plastic, not acrylic, so IF you are thinking about buying one, AND you are worried that you might get a "cracked mess", choose the black version - it is the same material as the durable bodies of the Pulse Squonks, and the dual battery Swell - a much more stable material...though still chippable.

My Pulse 2 has become a "standard" work mod, enduring thousands of puffs and dozens of small falls, tips and tumbles. one small chip has occurred in this roughly 2 year period - a good track record in my line of work.
#8 (permalink)      5/14/2022 7:40:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16425
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29900
But there were some claims that the problem occasionally exists with the black plastic version too.
Now, what? =))
#9 (permalink)      5/14/2022 7:57:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ericsgreen
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2020
  • Posts 98
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos28
One of My frosted have cracked from tank cracker liquid, all stress points have cracked, around all 4 magnets, the airflow ovals, the Boro compartment, so I imagine lot of these folks who have cracked mods used citrus liquids, makes any stress point just give because of the material, my flush nut connector never cracked and I gotta wonder if anyone ever overtigtening the flush nut to cracking, or if just liquid weakens the material in places where it's be stressed

lucky my vandy replacement came yesterday, new mod, new door and extra magnets, I have a solid black also

So the version 3.0.3 may be the newest one, my first was 3.0.0 and I have a 3.0.2, I'd like to know if they've got this solved with 3.0.3? Or is there a newer one
#10 (permalink)      5/14/2022 1:59:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
Ericsgreen wrote:

One of My frosted have cracked from tank cracker liquid, all stress points have cracked, around all 4 magnets, the airflow ovals, the Boro compartment, so I imagine lot of these folks who have cracked mods used citrus liquids, makes any stress point just give because of the material, my flush nut connector never cracked and I gotta wonder if anyone ever overtigtening the flush nut to cracking, or if just liquid weakens the material in places where it's be stressed

lucky my vandy replacement came yesterday, new mod, new door and extra magnets, I have a solid black also

So the version 3.0.3 may be the newest one, my first was 3.0.0 and I have a 3.0.2, I'd like to know if they've got this solved with 3.0.3? Or is there a newer one

I'm sorry for your issues. If Vandy Vape is using cheap acrylic in their panels or frames, you deserve a new mod.
I would not have thought they would do that, usually they are pretty good about these things. "Tank cracking" juices honestly should not have any effect on your panels or frame - even with a catastrophic leak, the juice will just run down the mod and settle at the bottom/floor. We've had acrylics for almost a decade that resist citrus cracking, so maybe Vandy dropped the ball.

In your case, your desription sounds like a mold issue. Many times when a mold reaches it's "retirement" point, manufacturers will push a little further...these molds are cleaned between uses (usually), but they retain chemicals and debris from previous runs, which gradually degrade the finished, molded product. You'll notice that holding an acrylic panel diagonally and bending will make tiny hairline stress cracks appear - this is probably close to what you are experiencing. Never clean Acrylic with anything but water - alcohol and other cleaning products expedite the cracking.

The black version is probably 40-50% stronger...plastic easily beats acrylic in durability.

Edited on 5/14/2022 at 2:00 PM
#11 (permalink)      5/15/2022 2:21:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16425
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29900
+1 details
So there are two kind of cases that might happen with the Pulse.
Cracking issues and crackling issues. Luckily I didn't have anything else than some slight moving of the panels on the body with my first Pulse. But I really have to look for it.
I hardly use any juices that contain citric acid.

By the way it's a cracking little mod ;)