Crispy, it didn't require much effort to post it so that's alright. So I won't point out again that no subscription is needed for it. ;)
Basically I'd agree with you, I avoid to contribute to these too much myself as well, but knowing that any move on the internet nowadays provide data about ourselves (ok let's not go into it too profoundly...) We are, however on this forum, subscribed...
but from the point that I made an account on a couple of Chinese sites in the last few years, I use PP, maybe 12 years ago found myself in the pit-hole of FB by an errored manipulation while creating a YT account (and on FB was found immediately by about a hundred of people worldwide, who were real acquaintances/ friends) on YT just for the facility of use and safeguarding (at those times those worked pretty differently, at least YT, well before monetisation and all the other sheites were created) I think that's about all...
Ohh and as I refuse to use internet on my mobile, up to these days I'm obliged to go through FB (even if I'm not not active there any-more) to access messenger which has unfortunately become the main messaging system for most ...
I thought that using small sites such as, or a couple of free online programs occasionally, wouldn't change much on all these & in my life.