Crispy critters "change the nature of a debate thread/ general rant thread"
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#51 (permalink)      3/31/2022 6:46:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16423
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29896
Still.Me wrote:

Unbelievable thread if for no other reason than someone now is being made to defend why he does not wish to post photos on a hosting site.

Simple answer. It's no ones business why he chooses not to.

End of story.

Just that^^^

Unless Crispy is rolling himself into it.

And that would be a shame wouldn't it.

#52 (permalink)      3/31/2022 6:58:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 785
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos713
+1 details
Skeeeets wrote:

Edit: don't even bother with a smart ass reply. You start a discussion with an open ended question and expect everyone not to wonder what's the answer. My dumbass tried to be sympathetic and try to understand what's the issue. So fuck me. And fuck you too. No more sympathy.

If you found my reply to be smart-ass, re-read your comment "All I see is posting photos is "political" when I have never actually written that.

I have repeatedly stated my reasons for not using certain sites is because of my personal political views about certain companies/area of the internet. I can accept that my views may differ from yours and you may be curious why that is, but ignoring the fact that I have clearly explained I will not get into any form of political dialog should be enough. This was not open ended. Although I understand you may be curious - maybe you can respect my personal privacy.

If you want to talk vape gear, fine - politics - not on a public forum thanks, or anywhere really. I realise many people here thrive on political argument, but I'm not one of them.

#53 (permalink)      3/31/2022 7:53:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11014
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6884
Crispycritters wrote:

I have repeatedly stated my reasons for not using certain sites is because of my personal political views about certain companies/area of the internet.

And to use inference clues, political views of? Posting photos, you have included.

A stupidly simple question, how is posting photos political?, Apparently is digging into your private life which I care not about. If generic question is problematic to answer, can you answer the others I ask? Rhetorical.

Open ended. Period.

Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#54 (permalink)      3/31/2022 8:30:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 785
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos713
Skeeeets wrote:

Crispycritters wrote:

I have repeatedly stated my reasons for not using certain sites is because of my personal political views about certain companies/area of the internet.

And to use inference clues, political views of? Posting photos, you have included.

A stupidly simple question, how is posting photos political?, Apparently is digging into your private life which I care not about. If generic question is problematic to answer, can you answer the others I ask? Rhetorical.

Open ended. Period.

There is no inference or rhetoric - Clearly stating my reasons for avoiding certain COMPANIES OR AREAS OF THE INTERNET are political does not infer anything. It is a clear statement that is not open ended. It is in no way a statement that I find photography or posting photographs political and do not understand why you manage to interpret anything I have written as such. Just read what I have written and don't look for hidden meanings.

If you don't wish to pry into my private life - why do you request I expand on my private views on subjects I have made it clear I have no intention to share on a public forum?

#55 (permalink)      3/31/2022 8:38:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11014
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6884
Again, areas of the internet. Which you have included image hosting. Posting photos. What is political about posting photos?

The question is so fucking stupid simple that you have no legitimate answer. Your using an excuse.

I don't give a shit about your views, I want to know what legitimately makes it political to post your photos to a website, subscription or not. Is that hard to answer?
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#56 (permalink)      3/31/2022 8:43:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11014
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6884
Question to absolutely everyone who reads this.

How is posting photos political? I'm very fucking curious.
#57 (permalink)      3/31/2022 8:53:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 785
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos713
Skeeeets wrote:

Question to absolutely everyone who reads this.

How is posting photos political? I'm very fucking curious.

It isn't. Point out where this post appears and we can gang up on him.

Maybe if we take a post, cut and paste individual words and rearrange them in an order that fits our nosy as fck agenda, we can discover that post.

Edited on 3/31/2022 at 9:02 PM. Reason:
#58 (permalink)      3/31/2022 9:03:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21540
+1 details
Hey, the dude does not want to post images from an image server for whatever reason. What business is it of anyone else, his reason? Inferences may be read into almost any statement. Does that mean we are obligated to anyone to explain, to their satisfaction, what they themselves may assume from that inference? Is that absurd, or not?

I have followed this "debate" from the beginning. The outcome holds little interest for me. What is of interest is the way it has been carried out and, the repetitive pattern of one of the participants to divert attention and manipulate narrative. Oops! I just made an inference!

One thing I will not infer, is that I find it ironic that after we worked so hard to clean up the front page of FT Forum, that we have this friction on it, (technical debate aside).
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#59 (permalink)      3/31/2022 9:06:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11014
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6884
Crispycritters wrote:

Carrion has once again thrown his 'you're too dumb to figure out how to use an image hosting site' at me even though I have repeatedly stated I simply do not wish to use one. My not wishing to subscribe to a hosting site is for personal political reasons that I do not wish to state here

You have been suggested sites that do not require subscription

Crispycritters wrote:

cilika wrote:
Been using this site for posting photos for a year, no subscription or logging in needed.

https://freeimage.host/

In this case I simply do not agree in any way, to make any contribution in any form, either by providing content, funding, or any type of personal detail to any image hosting site.

And still refer to the issue being political.

#60 (permalink)      3/31/2022 9:07:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11014
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6884
V8, your not understanding the question either.

Simple.

What makes posting photos political?
#61 (permalink)      3/31/2022 9:09:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11014
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6884
Crispycritters wrote:

Maybe if we take a post, cut and paste individual words and rearrange them in an order that fits our nosy as fck agenda, we can discover that post.

Perfect, let me reedit it so it's time lapse is backwards.

If you won't answer it, V8, you answer. What makes posting photos political?