Crispy critters "change the nature of a debate thread/ general rant thread"
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#41 (permalink)      3/31/2022 2:20:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16430
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29901
+1 details
Been using this site for posting photos for a year, no subscription or logging in needed.

https://freeimage.host/
#42 (permalink)      3/31/2022 3:09:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 787
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos713
cilika wrote:

Been using this site for posting photos for a year, no subscription or logging in needed.

https://freeimage.host/



Thanks for making the effort, but subscribe also means to enter one's self as a contributor or to make a contribution in any form. In this case I simply do not agree in any way, to make any contribution in any form, either by providing content, funding, or any type of personal detail to any image hosting site. I hope that helps clarify this matter.

It is understandable for people to assume that potential financial contributions would be the only reason an individual would refuse to be involved with such a facility, but such an assumption would be incorrect.

I believe if I made a statement that I refused to subscribe to Facebook or to a particular belief system this would be easier to grasp as neither require a paid subscription. But sometimes although many of us here speak English, we all speak different versions of it and frequently express ourselves differently so maybe that is the reason people are proposing different (free) image or file hosting sites. Thank you, but it really isn't necessary

#43 (permalink)      3/31/2022 3:38:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16430
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29901
+2 details
Crispy, it didn't require much effort to post it so that's alright. So I won't point out again that no subscription is needed for it. ;)
Basically I'd agree with you, I avoid to contribute to these too much myself as well, but knowing that any move on the internet nowadays provide data about ourselves (ok let's not go into it too profoundly...) We are, however on this forum, subscribed...
but from the point that I made an account on a couple of Chinese sites in the last few years, I use PP, maybe 12 years ago found myself in the pit-hole of FB by an errored manipulation while creating a YT account (and on FB was found immediately by about a hundred of people worldwide, who were real acquaintances/ friends) on YT just for the facility of use and safeguarding (at those times those worked pretty differently, at least YT, well before monetisation and all the other sheites were created) I think that's about all...
Ohh and as I refuse to use internet on my mobile, up to these days I'm obliged to go through FB (even if I'm not not active there any-more) to access messenger which has unfortunately become the main messaging system for most ...
I thought that using small sites such as, or a couple of free online programs occasionally, wouldn't change much on all these & in my life.

Edited on 3/31/2022 at 4:09 PM. Reason:
#44 (permalink)      3/31/2022 4:16:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16430
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29901
+1 details
Well, I just don't think that sending photos in an e-mail or using some of these public sites is that much different seeing the evolving of things in the last couple of years. In final terms. But it's great to keep some illusions.


(if you've ever read new "terms and conditions" of any e-mail hosting places, or even google, microsoft and so on and so on. :))

Edited on 3/31/2022 at 4:17 PM. Reason:
#45 (permalink)      3/31/2022 5:07:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 787
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos713
+1 details
cilika wrote:

Well, I just don't think that sending photos in an e-mail or using some of these public sites is that much different seeing the evolving of things in the last couple of years. In final terms. But it's great to keep some illusions. (if you've ever read new "terms and conditions" of any e-mail hosting places, or even google, microsoft and so on and so on. :))



Unfortunately I'm getting the distinct expression that you are trying to interpret why I am not willing to involve myself in certain areas or facilities that are available on the internet. If I am willing to become involved in a product forum then surely I should be willing to be involved in everything that is available online, right? In case you missed it - I have previously stated that I am not willing to be drawn into an open discussion of my personal political reasons for avoiding any involvement in certain areas of the internet or specific types of companies. You seem to have assumed my reasons are privacy based, but I have never actually stated my reasons.

As this site is visited by members from different countries I will not enter into any discussion that involves Politics (or Religion) as invariably they seem to turn nasty. There's no point in fishing for explanations - if there was a personal message facility on this site I would possibly consider a conversation on the subject as I get the impression you are a calm and rational individual. But I can't promise you will be in agreement or not offended. If I openly state my reasons on here I can guarantee it will spark off a shitstorm, and life is too short for that. I get into enough stupid fights with one member on here, I don't want to get into the same stupid shit with half the forum.


Edited on 3/31/2022 at 5:09 PM. Reason:
#46 (permalink)      3/31/2022 5:12:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12843
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19595
+4 details
Unbelievable thread if for no other reason than someone now is being made to defend why he does not wish to post photos on a hosting site.


Simple answer. It's no ones business why he chooses not to.


End of story.
#47 (permalink)      3/31/2022 5:32:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11019
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6888
All I keep seeing is, posting pictures is "political".

Only assumption I can make from that, is some one is scared they may post a photo that reveals more than intended. Are you afraid? Is your choice of ecig going to interfere with you running for office? Or a snap with partial hand in photo, so one can see your white\black and minoritize you?




I don't understand how a photo is "political".
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#48 (permalink)      3/31/2022 5:52:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 787
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos713
+1 details
Skeeeets wrote:

All I keep seeing is, posting pictures is "political".

Only assumption I can make from that, is some one is scared they may post a photo that reveals more than intended. Are you afraid? Is your choice of ecig going to interfere with you running for office? Or a snap with partial hand in photo, so one can see your white\black and minoritize you?




I don't understand how a photo is "political".



"Only assumption you can make" followed by your assumptions shows nothing more than you are prone to guessing.

Good luck with that.

#49 (permalink)      3/31/2022 6:13:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11019
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6888
Edit: don't even bother with a smart ass reply. You start a discussion with an open ended question and expect everyone not to wonder what's the answer. My dumbass tried to be sympathetic and try to understand what's the issue. So fuck me. And fuck you too. No more sympathy.

Edited on 3/31/2022 at 6:24 PM. Reason:
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#50 (permalink)      3/31/2022 6:20:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16430
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29901
Crispycritters wrote:

Unfortunately I'm getting the distinct expression that you are trying to interpret why I am not willing to involve myself in certain areas or facilities that are available on the internet. If I am willing to become involved in a product forum then surely I should be willing to be involved in everything that is available online, right? In case you missed it - I have previously stated that I am not willing to be drawn into an open discussion of my personal political reasons for avoiding any involvement in certain areas of the internet or specific types of companies. You seem to have assumed my reasons are privacy based, but I have never actually stated my reasons.As this site is visited by members from different countries I will not enter into any discussion that involves Politics (or Religion) as invariably they seem to turn nasty. There's no point in fishing for explanations - if there was a personal message facility on this site I would possibly consider a conversation on the subject as I get the impression you are a calm and rational individual. But I can't promise you will be in agreement or not offended. If I openly state my reasons on here I can guarantee it will spark off a shitstorm, and life is too short for that. I get into enough stupid fights with one member on here, I don't want to get into the same stupid shit with half the forum.



Well, you think I missed your point, and I think you've missed my point a bit too. Curiously things always work in 2 directions ;)
Maybe all I listed up there seems to be a lot, in reality it's very little compared to most of general users of all divers internet facilities.

But it's not in my intentions to try to convince you about smth or changing anything in your ways, I have all the respect for them.

Also, that personally I looooved to post photos here, that helped to close my eyes on certain things. Not that much about what am 'buying' or 'owning', rather about little mis-mashing and modding i loved to do and for I don't really find any "platform" in my real life so I just do it here.
On the other side I perfectly understand when someone would not want to make and post photos about ones gears or anything else at all and they don't even mean to give any reasons, why.

It's just funnily, yourself, who find here and now in the situation where you feel the need to justify yourself. You just don't need to. Just a friendly advise. And just let it go with Carrion, you, because he won't.

#51 (permalink)      3/31/2022 6:46:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16430
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29901
Still.Me wrote:

Unbelievable thread if for no other reason than someone now is being made to defend why he does not wish to post photos on a hosting site.


Simple answer. It's no ones business why he chooses not to.


End of story.



Just that^^^

Unless Crispy is rolling himself into it.

And that would be a shame wouldn't it.