Year Is nearly over, what is or has been Your most valued Vape Stuff this Year ?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#41 (permalink)      1/8/2022 2:15:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4165
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4419
I'll probably be alone on this, but the TFV-18, with the excellent Wotofo RBA was the highlite for me. Swing top fixed, with the lock it should always have had, great capacity, and no leaking ever. Not on it's side, or in a pocket, and no real effort to wick. A nice plus is it accepts most of the huge acrylic tanks from my old TFV-12, making it the first atomizer that I can take with me for 12 hours, and not need batts or juice.

And the flavor is great, with both the factory coils, and the RBA. I was looking to replace my mesh tanks, but the 18 has almost made me forget about them. With 3 of them, and 4 RBAs, and over a week and a half without needing to be rewicked, as opposed to every day or 2 before, they are what I vape 90% of the time.
Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere Proud member of the Sea Parks Fire Department
#42 (permalink)      1/8/2022 4:17:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2820
  • Reviews 36
  • Kudos4529
Smok has good tanks, i only have 2, the tfv4 mini and the baby beast v2. The first one with single coil rba with a simple clapton is amazing, the 2nd with mesh coil made me wanna stop rebuilding. Too bad it doesn't have a rba. I expect the tfv18 with rba to be super. However Smoh has soo many different tanks and coils that i don't bother looking into it.
We can't agree on everything.
#43 (permalink)      1/8/2022 7:48:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4165
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4419
philipvdb wrote:

Smok has good tanks, i only have 2, the tfv4 mini and the baby beast v2. The first one with single coil rba with a simple clapton is amazing, the 2nd with mesh coil made me wanna stop rebuilding. Too bad it doesn't have a rba. I expect the tfv18 with rba to be super. However Smoh has soo many different tanks and coils that i don't bother looking into it.

I agree with you, except that the TFV models I have, the 4, 8, and 12 had no way to lock the top shut, resulting in big juice dumps in pocket. The swing cap detached from both of my 12s, a little sad, as the 3 coil RBA was amazing. At least, the one out of 5 times after meticulous wicking where you managed not to inhale burning cotton, or casually glance at your mod, as it voided itself of juice.

The 8 was ok. The dizzying variety Smok unleashed of 8\12 babys, princes, half sisters etc was mind numbing to me. One of their best attys, next to the 18 was the TFVRTA, either the G4, or G2, with the 4 and 2 coil interchangeable decks. The also made a G1 deck, which are super rare. I managed to get one, and it basically is like an improved TFV4 Clapton Single RBA, but better. The TFVRTA had a very well designed juice control,
I used to hope Smok would use it on an atty similar to the 8 or 12, but the 18 proves it is not needed.

They got the bottom airflow right on the 18, so instead of the previous on/off character of their designs, the 18 airflow is actually adjustable, allowing use of lower watts, with no flavor loss. How they managed to design a tank, where 2 weeks later the cotton still looks and tastes like it was just wicked, is a mystery to me.

Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere Proud member of the Sea Parks Fire Department
#44 (permalink)      1/9/2022 6:24:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 691
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos602
The TFV12 Baby Prince tanks have a button you have to press to release the top cap, which resolves the opening in your pocket issue. In reality it is just another V8 despite the V12 description and it uses the earlier BB coils - and the capacity isn't great with mesh coils lol.