Any old model mods or other old vaping gear you'd like to have an updated version?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      1/6/2022 10:10:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
callmeal
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2016
  • Posts 29
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos13
+2 details
Vandy Vape Simple Ex, would like to see any kind of new MTL focused squonk mods. My simple ex is just about still working, built in battery is on it's last legs
#32 (permalink)      1/6/2022 10:38:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13878
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21495
+1 details

I've searched for replacement 2-25s frequently but have had no luck.

Ditto...

I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#33 (permalink)      1/6/2022 3:20:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 305
  • Reviews 101
  • Kudos175
+2 details
callmeal wrote:

Vandy Vape Simple Ex, would like to see any kind of new MTL focused squonk mods. My simple ex is just about still working, built in battery is on it's last legs

This!
Such a wonderful mod, I never thought I will like a mod with built in battery but hey it's mainly for MTL, it squonks, and it's smaller than my palm such a nice little thing. Also the RDA they made for it is just perfect.
BUT! It would be nice if it could accept coils below .8 since I usually build between 0.6-0.8 ohms sometimes even lower.
If the plastic cap on the RDA would have 510 drip tip that would be nice too.
Also the displayed voltage is way of from reality. Shows 3,9V but feels like 3.0V when freshly charged.

I gave a little more thought to the original question

-UD Bellus V3 (I have the first version, build space is too small, didn't liked the look of the v2 so I did not buy it)

-UD Bellus MTL (A single coil version. The chamber reducer in the v1 was meh. No flavour with that thing in)

-Damn Vape Intense V2 Mesh MTL RDA maybe an RDTA version too (RDTA, because having a tank could be a huge plus if you don't wanna carry a huge squonk mod. Also v2 because it has condensation issues, it gurgles every now and then)

-SOA Whisper V2 RDTA (Or just let me buy a better (Ulton?) clone than I currently have :D maybe it's nothing wrong with that atty.)

-Vandy Vape Berserker V3 MTL RDA (I love the v2 RTA (22), I don't own v1 RDA, the v2 RDA is a disgrace... loud and... and sucks ass.)

-Wotofo STNG V2 MTL RDA (Quite nice already but spits liquid into mouth every now and then... little more bell shape little less barrel shape could help. Or just a better drip tip could help with the spit back. Shame I can stand the look of the STNG with any other drip tip than its own. It has a wide rim so it gave bell shape for the RDA...)

Other then these still the Derringer, also my body always ready for a new Dvarw even if the v2 was already perfect for me...

Edited on 1/6/2022 at 3:29 PM. Reason:
#34 (permalink)      1/8/2022 4:57:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
funnybones
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 306
  • Reviews 36
  • Kudos207
The original Merlin with no airflow ring and just a set of inserts. New style top cap, half steel and glass option.

I still use my Merlin and found that the Bunhilde inserts fit perfect. Amazing MTL for TH and flavour.

Ive tried so many others and only the Neeko from Aspire comes close.

Been away from here for years so there's a few on the way for me to try.

Good thread.
#35 (permalink)      1/8/2022 7:28:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12045
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32077
Troepfler wrote:

Andy.lion wrote:
21700 SMPL and a 25mm Derringer.

Just bought on FT.

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#36 (permalink)      1/8/2022 7:58:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos975
21700 Vindicator mod and 24mm Coppervape Hippo.
This should be very similar to 21700 SMPL and a 25mm Derringer.
What do you think about this combination?
#37 (permalink)      1/8/2022 8:20:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2820
  • Reviews 36
  • Kudos4531
Hippo - derringer ?
Last time i took my derringer it had a tripost build deck and a removable inner airflow ring with 3 airflow holes.
My hippo rda has a dual post deck with a side airflow.
I dont see the hippo as a 24mm derringer, sorry.
Smpl - vindicator..
The vindicator has a constant contact switch which makes is about 95cm for a battery of 70mm height, the smpl is 78mm with a 65mm battery since it has not a constant contact swith. So again...

Edited on 1/8/2022 at 8:27 PM. Reason:
We can't agree on everything.
#38 (permalink)      1/8/2022 8:40:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos975
philipvdb wrote:

Hippo - derringer ?
Last time i took my derringer it had a tripost build deck and a removable inner airflow ring with 3 airflow holes.
My hippo rda has a dual post deck with a side airflow.
I dont see the hippo as a 24mm derringer, sorry.

The 3 post deck was the first, later came Derringer V2 with 2 posts.
The new 2 posts deck DTL/MTL to replace the 3 posts deck was cheap on FT, I bought 5.
Edit: and the V2 was the first RDA to install big coils simple.

Edited on 1/8/2022 at 8:56 PM. Reason: add
#39 (permalink)      1/8/2022 9:50:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos975
philipvdb wrote:

The vindicator has a constant contact switch which makes is about 95cm for a battery of 70mm height, the smpl is 78mm with a 65mm battery since it has not a constant contact swith. So again...

You have add this to your last post.
SMPL 78 minus 65 mm = 13 mm for deck and switch.
Vindicator SKU 9695216 has 91 mm.
21700 plus 13 SMPL mm = 83 mm.
Vindicator with 21700 SMPL construction would be 91 minus 83 mm = 8 mm shorter.
Thats close compared to an imagined 21700 SMPL.

#40 (permalink)      1/9/2022 1:18:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2843
There's plenty of Derringer-like vapes out there - the Poet, Mikro, Solo, FLVR, etc. Even Newer releases, like the Haku Duet, or even the Vandy Vape Requiem offer a vape almost exactly in "feel" to the old Derringer - airflow adjustment not withstanding.

I think Post configuration is completely irrelevant. The finished product, the VAPE, should be the determining factor, don't you think? Even a single coil on a modern rda has better flavor/vapor production than 2 round wire coils, so that comparison is pretty much a non-factor as well.

Taken on it's own, the Vindicator/Hippo combo should be quite fine...but the products deserve to stand on their own merit. They are completely different products.
What does he mean when he says words?
#41 (permalink)      1/9/2022 1:24:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10893
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6840
carrion4worm wrote:

There's plenty of Derringer-like vapes out there....

Il stop you at "like".

There is a very specific quality of vape it handles, and handles it well, every atty has a small list of "proper" coilage. Vertex Jr for example is "like", but absolutely a different vape and requires a different build.

Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"