Any old model mods or other old vaping gear you'd like to have an updated version?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#91 (permalink)      1/20/2022 5:45:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12670
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19229
+1 details
Bellus & Zeus X were two of my favourite RTAs as well.

I have two of the Arbiter v1 so cant speak of the V2. If one likes top airflow such as the Zeus X, the Arbiter is just made far better than the Zeus so you don't have all the fiddling one had with the Zeus X.
But, at least in my case, I found the flavour of the authentic Zeus X a wee bit better than the Arbiter.

But gave that wee bit of flavour up for a far better machined atomizer.

I use the V1 dual coil. Never tried single coil on it. But no flooding or any other issues at all on the v1 for me.

Edited on 1/20/2022 at 7:08 AM. Reason:
#92 (permalink)      1/20/2022 6:22:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 6892
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos10271
+1 details
@RattyRat

I would have to say that the Arbiter V1 is my favourite between the V1 and V2, Because I only use single coils I find the juice ports on the V1 only just fill sufficient cotton on a single 3mm ID coil to stop from flooding, and because the V2 ports are smaller it is better suited to a single coil.

Having said that I have learned exactly where the balance is and maybe for others it would be a good idea to use a 3.5mm ID coil and use a little extra cotton.

I realised that the race for more and more vapor only really comes down to how much coil/mesh surface area you have and the ability of the cotton to feed it but in the end does not equal a better and better vape.

What does make a BIG difference for me is what I use to vape with and for me personally it is the Oxva Arbiter V1 and that is after maybe a 100 different rta,s over the years.

But that is only based on MY specific likes.

I am REALLY liking the coil/wattage i mentioned in my previous post in the V1 except I didn't mention I have my airflow cut down to a little under a quarter.
#93 (permalink)      1/20/2022 6:56:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Walker65
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 377
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos218
+1 details
Still waiting for that elusive Dead Rabbit SQ v.2. maybe in 24mm. They've been flogging the Dead Rabbit like a dead horse but annoyingly have left arguably it's finest iteration ignored plus it's pretty much impossible to get hold of these days.
#94 (permalink)      1/20/2022 7:39:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4707
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2835
+1 details
Hmm...I have two DR SQs, and, compared to Citadel, Skyfall, basically ANY 22mm rda, I always found it lacking...too tall, too much open space, poor airflow design....the only way I ever got any flavor was a 4mm ID coil, which helped "close in" the cavernous inner chamber.

I'm glad someone likes it, but a V2 would need a chamber reducer and about 5mm shaved off the height to be a valid competitor, the Requiem, Nitro, Reload S and Bushido 3 are all "original", non-clone offerings in the single coil realm that should be tried by anyone reminiscing over the DR SQ.

Of course, it's just my opinion....

Edited on 1/20/2022 at 7:39 AM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#95 (permalink)      1/20/2022 8:51:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5743
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4102
+1 details
"DL is not my home field, but right now I use a ZeusX clone every now and then... dual 3mm id... tho as i said, i just adventuring left and right with DL stuff..."

I think any of this stuff depends on how you want to use it. If you like higher wattage dual coil DL, it's one direction if you want lower wattage dual coil DL it is another direction. The Zeus X for me, was not good because I like higher wattage, and the wick to coil travel was excessive.

You might want to grab the now older and probably cheaper than other things in the category, Aromamizer plus, they call it an RDTA for whatever reason but it is surely an RTA. It's big, if you don't have anything in the 30mm category that aspect is kind of fun. The deck is easy to use, postless. You can fit big coils in it, or use basic smaller coils, the airflow control is nice. It is a nice tank to have on a long road trip, you can hold a shit ton of liquid in it, or buy an extra big extension for even more. I think they have an end of life promotion going on if you search for it, 27.50. It's one I will still pull out and use from time to time.

Also if you don't want to be a collector and just want to dabble in dual coil stuff, I'd say it definitely makes the list. Being honest here not much does, there have been a ton of dual coil RTA's over the years and very few keep making there way back into my rotation. The V3 aromamizer supreme has been my favorite for awhile, I like the plus mentioned above, the bulk I like allot but it is a certain type of drag it works best with so it is a little odd, but I enjoy it allot, vaperz cloud valkyrie is another with a bit of a works best feeling to it but I like allot. I'd say skip the fatality and just buy the cheaper and better built fat rabbit, if you can find any version of the vandy vape tripple get that, 3 coils is great. The widow maker is one I never got a chance to try, but I am pretty sure it would have made this list. Ragnar, never tried it would probably be on here. Other than these though there is not much I'd rave about. Probably grab a widow maker and a Ragnar soon, and call it quits until something interesting comes out again.

Like Richy said though, these are based on my specific likes.

What I like is lots of flavor, and lots of vapor. I use mainly dual 26 gauge 36 over kanthal, 7-8 wraps usually over 115W wireoptimum has it in spools of 25 feet. I have tried all the different types of wire combos the flat, alien, and so on I find that this is a very easy way of not sacrificing flavor and staying with a good clean easy to use wire for not allot of money. You will get better flavor off some of the bigger wires but not by all that much, and in an RTA big wire comes with big heat transfer. It is all a balancing act, to much this hurts that, to much that hurts this. It wont be the case in every RTA, but most of them.

Vaping is a great hobby, but an issue with it is everyone feels like there way is the right or the best way.
If you find someone's tastes line up with yours, figure out what they also like and go that route, it's allot cheaper in the long run than chasing every new thing that comes out, nothing wrong with doing that but you will end up with allot of worthless lightly used vape gear, still better than smoking.
#96 (permalink)      1/21/2022 7:27:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Walker65
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 377
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos218
carrion4worm wrote:

Hmm...I have two DR SQs, and, compared to Citadel, Skyfall, basically ANY 22mm rda, I always found it lacking...too tall, too much open space, poor airflow design....the only way I ever got any flavor was a 4mm ID coil, which helped "close in" the cavernous inner chamber.I'm glad someone likes it, but a V2 would need a chamber reducer and about 5mm shaved off the height to be a valid competitor, the Requiem, Nitro, Reload S and Bushido 3 are all "original", non-clone offerings in the single coil realm that should be tried by anyone reminiscing over the DR SQ.Of course, it's just my opinion....

I thought the flavour was ok tbh, not as good as those little flavour chasers you mentioned but still ok. What I really liked about it was its height because it allowed you to put a ton of cotton in there which meant I'm not having to drip or squonk all the damn time, just blast it once and forget about it for a while unlike those other attys where you're literally having to drip every 2 or 3 hits which is a pain in the arse.

Edited on 1/22/2022 at 9:54 AM. Reason:
#97 (permalink)      1/21/2022 3:09:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 305
  • Reviews 101
  • Kudos171
EternalSpline wrote:

"DL is not my home field, but right now I use a ZeusX clone every now and then... dual 3mm id... tho as i said, i just adventuring left and right with DL stuff..."

I think any of this stuff depends on how you want to use it. If you like higher wattage dual coil DL, it's one direction if you want lower wattage dual coil DL it is another direction. The Zeus X for me, was not good because I like higher wattage, and the wick to coil travel was excessive.

Whoa dude, Thanks a lot for the suggestions but you didn't had to. Really.
DL-ing is just a hobby in a hobby for me... a Weekend hobby. what i mean, my daily vape is a Dvarw with Ni80 mtl superfine fused clapton from VV, .6-.7 build at 12W.
I use my DL stuff maybe twice a week and make builds monthly, or every two months.
I fiddling around with A cheap ZeusX clone now (SKU 9697097 lol only 9 bucks :D) It was sitting in a box since May 2020 lol in mint condition, before that I played around with the citadel, wich I loved with a 3mm id wide staple coil, aslo made a build with 20ga kanthal in a kennedy 25 just for fun, looks hilarious to me... but cant find it to post a picture :D, liked the dl just enough to pick up my old ZeusX clone too. Also bought an authentic mesh deck for it, but was a no-no for me. Don't know why, maybe only my juice sucks. Maybe the wicking was trash...
That's all ... I only want a a new toy in the near future. That's why I asked about the arbiter, and also because Richy's build looks interesting.

Just to have an idea what i enjoy now: SKU 9660668 I have 2 of this in the ZeusX comes out at .3ohm enjoying it at around 45-50W. I would say has a rich flavour and lit of vapour... but compared to my mtl stuff every dl stuf has a lot of vapour lol.

I love how the Steam Crave atomizers look, if i keep up with this DL hobby probably will get one. I heard from other peoples too that they are great. Aromamizer plus is too big for me tho... or it is too big for my mods, they hold 22-24mm rta's well but the Zeus is on a Pulse V2, because it only looks good on that, on a squonk mod :D... because all other mods are too small for it... also all other are single 18650s... this is the only 21700... oh also have the new(ish) L200... but even that is too small for 30mm. Probably too small for the arbiter v1 too.
V3 aromamizer supreme tho... 25mm sound better :)... as i said.. maybe at some point I will get a Steam Crave atomizer, also I keep in mind the thinks what you said... What I don't like about them: their mtl stuff (classic mtl and mini robot?) is holding only 3-3,5ml

#98 (permalink)      1/22/2022 4:12:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4707
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2835
Walker65 wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:
Hmm...I have two DR SQs, and, compared to Citadel, Skyfall, basically ANY 22mm rda, I always found it lacking...too tall, too much open space, poor airflow design....the only way I ever got any flavor was a 4mm ID coil, which helped "close in" the cavernous inner chamber.I'm glad someone likes it, but a V2 would need a chamber reducer and about 5mm shaved off the height to be a valid competitor, the Requiem, Nitro, Reload S and Bushido 3 are all "original", non-clone offerings in the single coil realm that should be tried by anyone reminiscing over the DR SQ.Of course, it's just my opinion....
I thought the flavour was ok tbh, not as good as those little flavour chasers you mentioned but still ok. What I really liked about it was its height because it allowed you to put a ton of cotton in there which meant I'm not having to drip or squonk all the damn time, just blast it once and forget about it for a while unlike those other attys where you're literally having to drip every 2 or 3 hits which is a pain in the arse.

fair enough....I often overlook the fact that people do indeed still drip- in which case I suppose having that famous "raised rabbit ear deck" with long wicking tails would come in handy. As a squonker, I just found the SQ a huge disappointment...I originally bought a nice looking clone, which was almost 1 to 1, except the angled airflow was quite a bit off, and inconsequential...

So I bought an original, hoping that the proper airflow angle would make a difference...it didn't, but I'm willing to try a V2 IF it's a real V2, with significant improvements/ complete overhaul.

What does he mean when he says words?
#99 (permalink)      2/11/2022 4:28:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hiko9
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5687
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos5469
+1 details
I'd like to see more 14mm RDAs

I have a simple design concept for the best hybrid mod ever to be designed but how do i ever....
Green Screwdriver for LIFE
#100 (permalink)      2/11/2022 9:17:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Johnnyace
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 316
  • Reviews 106
  • Kudos150
+2 details
I'd like to see Geekvape stop farting around with pods & coils & bring back the two atties that brought them to the table, the Griffin & the Avocado

They were both awesome 6 years ago & must've sold well. Revamped, 2022 versions would be amazing

The Avacado would be easy, drill a hole in the deck, increase the size of the wicking holes, change the airflow around a bit, side fill, even make it squonkable if they have to

I know they went the top airflow route with the Zeus but bottom airflow tanks are still going strong. They could do allsorts with a new Griffin nowadays
#101 (permalink)      2/11/2022 10:57:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5743
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4102
+5 details
"I'd like to see Geekvape stop farting around with pods & coils"

I'd like to see every company stop farting around with that BS.