Any good new >cheap< mods?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      12/21/2021 5:02:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
olliedixon
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 695
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos185
Any good new >cheap< mods?
Last mod i bought was a Rincoe Manto Pro for $19. Still works, bit banged up, looking for something new.

Cheers :)
BRABROBRA
#2 (permalink)      12/21/2021 6:52:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5723
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4073
+3 details
Yeah I think so but I have not bought them, because I have allot of mods.

It depends on your location a little too, and how long your willing to wait for things. Also where you can shop, if your not in the US, it is hard to suggest a US site. So telling you what is good, and also cheap is kind of difficult, but I will give it a shot. Also can't name sites so deals and sales, I can't just link you to them or my post will be deleted.

I don't know how much power you need or want, so I am going to just assume based on "Rincoe Manto Pro" being higher power, that is still your preference.

Lost Vape Thelema Quest 200W, it is not the DNA version but made by the same company. It got great reviews and I have seen it I think under 30.00 so very low but that was in the US I think.

Geekvape Aegis the first version, when you find it the one with the small screen it is usually cheap now that other versions are out, but it will take I believe a 30MM atty and you can throw it at someone pick it up and go back to using it. Price will depend, it is very rugged though and will last, it is hard to put a price on that. I own one, I would own another.

Voopoo Argus GT 160W Box Mod, no clue on the quality but I have seen them dirt cheap. Voopoo has made good stuff in the past but I can't speak for this one, I don't own it. If you don't need much power, it is probably a safe bet, if you vape at over 100W, that is when it becomes a little harder to tell you.
20.46 price is hard to beat.

Dovpo M VV II 280W Box Mod,
$24.97
Don't own it, can't speak for it. I do like PWM mods.

Hugo Vapor Rader ECO 200W Box Mod 22.08, don't own it can't speak for it.

Voopoo Musket 120W Mod, 15.88, don't own it can't speak for it.

If your interested in one, ask maybe someone has it and can give you more information on it, if they like it or whatnot.

IMO, buy the mod that suits your needs. For me that is power and accuracy, then right after hand feel and size. I might like the look of a boxy mod with sharp corners but it feels awful using it. Then it is size atty I can put on it. It sucks really enjoying a larger RTA, but having a stupid looking hang over on your mod. These things are different for everyone though. If you only use 22mm RDA's the last one is of no importance to you.

Hope that helps.
#3 (permalink)      12/21/2021 9:09:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 648
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos536
+2 details
The iJoy Cigpet 126W may be worth looking at if you only vape in wattage mode and 126W is enough, it will only take 25mm attys without overhang though - but only 1mm narrower than the Manto Pro so your current ones should be OK. If you're a TC vaper or use regular high wattage I wouldn't bother, but the Manto Pro's claim of 228W was ridiculous - 150 max, maybe with really good fully charged batteries batteries, if you were lucky.

You may have to search a few sites though, it appears to be out of stock here.
#4 (permalink)      12/21/2021 9:56:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12664
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19218
+3 details
OlliDixon is in Canada. If I were he I would look close to home for the Geekvape Solo that takes an 18650 battery.

SKU 9693515

Found one recently at home for $33 Canadian. Likely more if one looks. IMHO the best single battery mod on the market.
In the mouth of a typical progressive, a “torrent of online hate” is any idea they don’t share…
#5 (permalink)      12/21/2021 10:39:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2818
  • Reviews 36
  • Kudos4527
+2 details
EternalSpline wrote:

$24.97

Cant fault it. Never had an issue with it. Normal size, snug battery door with good magnets. Would i buy it again if aliens would steal my gear: yes.
But than again, only if i would have 18650 batteries laying around. Otherwise i would go for a 21700 mod: aegis max, foxy, urus or something similar. Probably the urus.

We can't agree on everything.
#6 (permalink)      12/21/2021 12:16:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5723
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4073
+1 details
"but the Manto Pro's claim of 228W was ridiculous - 150 max, maybe with really good fully charged batteries batteries, if you were lucky."

Oh no lets not get into vape math!(just because I don't like math) Your not wrong about how these things are over inflated and whatnot, but it is also funny very very few people vape any higher then the 130's ever. This topic resurfaces every so often and does the same thing, circulates everyone drops there two cents, and ends up is what it is. That being said I will be disappointed if the chips start being shit voltage as the norm.

Mod prices have gone down nicely though, even really decent stuff is pretty cheap if you look hard enough or wait for a sale, even better.

A site or two here in the US spits out some random super cheap old school gear, I love it. New old school gear is kinda fun. I grabbed a dirt cheap Sigelei KAOS VAPSOON 208W, dumb name but really comfortable mod, ended up grabbing a second one.
#7 (permalink)      12/21/2021 8:30:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
olliedixon
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 695
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos185
Thanks everyone.

I don't usually shop here in Canada. I hate BnM vape stores. Haven't been in a while but I hated the "Vape Bro" atmosphere when I did years ago. Plus the prices. Canadian online stores mostly suck too :/

I normally vape at around 70w with a mesh tank of some kind. Not sure the Geekvape Solo would last very long Still.Me.
BRABROBRA
#8 (permalink)      12/22/2021 7:07:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5723
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4073
BnM, with decent prices are very few and far between here where I live too.

So dual 18650?
#9 (permalink)      12/22/2021 7:12:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12664
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19218
+1 details
Ah Sorry Ollie. I thought you were a MTL low wattage vaper.

Agree, not fond of B/M but find mods here are often less at home due to the currency conversion but not in Toronto but in small towns across the country I will order from when a sale is on.

I find great deals on 21700 mods at the triple letter spot occasionally. (or is it 27100? One of those two anyhow)

Edited on 12/22/2021 at 7:14 AM. Reason:
In the mouth of a typical progressive, a “torrent of online hate” is any idea they don’t share…
#10 (permalink)      12/22/2021 7:30:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12042
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32073
philipvdb wrote:

EternalSpline wrote:
$24.97

Cant fault it. Never had an issue with it. Normal size, snug battery door with good magnets. Would i buy it again if aliens would steal my gear: yes.
But than again, only if i would have 18650 batteries laying around. Otherwise i would go for a 21700 mod: aegis max, foxy, urus or something similar. Probably the urus.

Urus was nice and light but I always felt it wouldn’t last, and, it didn’t.

Plus one on the Aegis Max though. Great beater mod.

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#11 (permalink)      12/22/2021 8:06:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12664
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19218
+1 details
Another vote for the Aegis Max if you are a high wattage vaper.

I have one of those as well but I only vape at 23w so the Solo is better suited for me but they both can be thrown about, dropped, etc and just keep on ticking.