Old Vaper, Need to start again
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      12/18/2021 3:33:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WelshKingJohn
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 381
  • Reviews 141
  • Kudos82
Old Vaper, Need to start again
Well after buying many box mods I ended up with an iStick TC 60W and a Aspire Nautilus mini with SKU 1959500 coils, bought 2 of the iStick mods and had a lot of fun with every type of coil you can think off, making lots of vape clouds... So i stopped smoking for 3 years (about 6 years ago) but started again after those 3 years had passed, mostly because the wife was still smoking (the excuse i use)

So now I want to start again, I threw away thosands of pounds of vape stuff, but my own iStick with a Nautilus mini, and one of those metal scroll covers on it. The coils have been great SKU 1959500 ive used a long time and still have 50 of them.

But the second iStick didnt have a tank fitted must have thrown it out. Bought a Eleaf Nautilus mini tank, normal glass tank, air flow adjustable, but its not as good as mine.

So I see there is now a new tank and new coils on Eleaf web site, silly price in UK

im seeing Eleaf GZ Coils and Eleaf GTL Coils, dont know what the are like compared to my old coils.

So I need to buy a tank that will use copy of eleaf BVC coils, and BVC coils to fit it here on fasttech

please help me save hundreds of hours, and costly mistakes. In the past I have bought Kanger kits, Millo tanks and a lot more. So think about the old Nautilus min, whats the new one with those smaller coils

any links to good quality copies to get me updated.

Thanks in advance for any help

BTW
I use around 7.5W with my own mix vape liquid, re started on 12Mg, by luck my mod is still working, the second mod for my wife has no tank. I could use up my coils and buy the new tank later with new updated coils

wish me luck in givinjg up smoking again, but this time the wife will also vape

Heck I had 20 40A battries ha ha, all gone, lucky Amazon UK will deliver them...

cheers

Kanger Subox Mini 50W, SMY Touch Box 100W , Vamo V5 15W, Coolfire 1, Eleaf 60W TC, Home brew e-liquid

My sig says it all, only Eleaf 60W TC x 2 left

Edited on 12/18/2021 at 3:38 PM. Reason:
Kanger Subox Mini 50W, SMY Touch Box 100W , Vamo V5 15W, Coolfire 1, Eleaf 60W TC, Home brew e-liquid, Electrical, Mechanical Engineer.Born again vaper after 6 years
#2 (permalink)      12/18/2021 8:43:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 11019
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos6888
I suggest cold turkey.

I quit dead stop smoking and moved to vaping for 6ish years.... Had a health scare and someone putting cigarettes in my hand because "the vaping caused it"(no it didn't...) So I went back. At this point I'm doing both and believe itl never "stick" unless I go cold turkey for both.

MmV
Knock knock, let the devil in. Malevolent as I've ever been, head is spinnin'. This medicine's screamin', "L-l-l-let us in!"
#3 (permalink)      12/18/2021 9:25:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WelshKingJohn
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 381
  • Reviews 141
  • Kudos82
i didnt say the hell i went through before fining the vape, tablets, patches and more. Smoking for 54 years, cold turkey would never work. I gave up, but someone talked about e cigarette's which i spent a lot on and soon found out tyhey were usless.

I got the 60W TC and just messed about for a month, golden verginia flavour etc, many others, then started making my own jiuce, and thats when I could stop, I was expecting to cut down to 20 a day, but the Vamo mod and a good tank, I had stopped spoking at last, so the 15W Vamo helped a lot, I needed 8W to get a perfect vape, most didnt have the adjustment, and i wanted to find out about cloud chasing. Made all my own coils, got all the gear... in the end 7.5W on the eleaf with a Nautilus mini, and settled down for 3 years, reducing the Nicotine slowly, the last year was no Nicotine at all, just the habit of using a vape to stop. But with the wife smocking and stressfull times I started agin.

So I made up some 18Mg NIC, pepermint, my wife likes it, 50/50 mix, but im using 12mg 70/30 PG and its great... But upgrade to the new devices...
Kanger Subox Mini 50W, SMY Touch Box 100W , Vamo V5 15W, Coolfire 1, Eleaf 60W TC, Home brew e-liquid, Electrical, Mechanical Engineer.Born again vaper after 6 years
#4 (permalink)      12/18/2021 10:48:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2795
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2250
+1 details
WelshKingJohn wrote:

in the end 7.5W on the eleaf with a Nautilus mini, and settled down for 3 years, reducing the Nicotine slowly, the last year was no Nicotine at all, just the habit of using a vape to stop. But with the wife smocking and stressfull times I started agin.

So I made up some 18Mg NIC, pepermint, my wife likes it, 50/50 mix, but im using 12mg 70/30 PG and its great...

It's always a shame to hear a successful Vaper 'fall off the wagon' and go back to smoking, but hey, no judgements here - stuff happens sometimes. At least you're giving it another go, so good for you (and the wife).

I remember back in 2014/15, there was a trend at the time for people to drop nicotine levels. And yet for some folk, maybe yourself included, keeping the nic at a consistent level rather than lowering it is what will keep you away from reverting back to smoking.

I've been using 18mg since 2012, never been tempted to drop it, and am convinced it's the main reason I've not been tempted back to the ciggies.

Good luck old chap. :-)

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#5 (permalink)      12/18/2021 11:17:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7717
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4506
+1 details
The mod you have is eleaf, the Nautilus tank is aspire. Not that it matters any 510 tank will work on your mod. But it seems you are conflating products and brands.

The nautilus tank and the coils for it should be available at many places in the UK and online for a long time (the authentic ones SKU 1859402, not necessarily the clones you linked to - I'm surprised they don't taste like a used diaper but then at 7W I guess there not much flavor to be had - good or bad).

Aspire did make some new versions of the Nautilus tank in the past couple of years, but they still take the same coils as the original nautilus and nautilus mini. FT doesn't sell those newer tanks or much Aspire stuff because aspire hates FT as they have sold a lot of cloned aspire products over the years. Aspire gets butthurt as easily as you and I sneeze in a dust storm. Same with Smok.

Anyhow, the point is, for your vaping wattage just stick with what you have and like. I can understand wanting something mote modern when you can't get the stuff you have anymore, but that isn't the case with what you have.

The Nautilus achieves true MTL so keep that in mind if a proper MTL vape is what you require. Most tanks that pretend to be MTL since 2015 are loose MTL if they can be classified as MTL at all.

However if you absolutely want change your tank, then I strongly suggest you look into the Innokin Zlide SKU 9712526, Zenith SKU 9674054 or Zenith II SKU 9742482 tanks (but not Zenith Pro). These are very popular MTL clearomizers today, kinda stealing the title from Aspire. They take the Z-coil and you aren't likely to find clones of them. But many MTL vapers love the tanks and the coils, especially the 1.6 ohm SKU 9674059 and 0.8 ohm SKU 9674058. Lots of troubles with the 1.2 ohm. I'm not sure how either of these coils will perform at 7 watts though, so that's why I say stick with what works for you since they are easy to find and will continue to be easy to find.

GOod luck.
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#6 (permalink)      12/19/2021 10:45:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
I read your products and think "...but BVC coils suck ass"...so I hope, in the interest of quitting smoking, that you take the above advice for some newer, better gear. Stuff is cheap these days, and far better than what you have, IMO.

My most sincere advice: Stop with the tobacco flavors...they are the link to your old life, the one you are trying to leave behind.

Also, buy quality juice instead of mixing your own. Its hard to find that "first" good flavor to kick with, but I suggest bakery flavors, maybe with a hint of your favorite fruit "filling". Loading up on nicotine justs pushes you back into smoking - I buy 6ml, and add nicotine to make my juice 8mg.

Ideas only: these worked for me, and I have no desire to even light a cigarette, 8 years or so...

EDIT: And never believe in the myth of "40 amp" 18650s...there are recent 30 amp cells, but your vape time will suffer, as they are around 2000mah. Good, safe choices are sold by brand names Molicell, Sony, Samsung, or LG. anything else is just a label.

Edited on 12/19/2021 at 10:57 AM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#7 (permalink)      12/19/2021 11:57:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WelshKingJohn
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 381
  • Reviews 141
  • Kudos82
Well im happy with my equipment, but i cant buy the exact anymore for the wife. I have bought the Nautilus mini for now, but already i can see the problems i dont have with my fasttech bought copy, the air control adjust is very bad, i dont think its stainless like mine, i did break mine apart and rebuild with bits from fasttech, the tank is a ss scroll metel coverd, i could never get the glass tube out, guess a special tool. The old battries are no longer available, 3500ma 40A Imren think they called, i have 1 left, Amazon sells 3000ma 35A efest, i bought 2 for now, but since uk post wont touch them difficult to buy.

Well i thought since i need to buy a good tank i might as well buy the latest model, like i said i bought the Nautilus mini and its not the quality im use too, very hard to get apart to fill, remember i want my wife to be able to do it all herself, just read the box, it says the Nautilus is made by Eigate, not what i thought it was, probably why im disappointed. I also had a good tank called Triton, it was also good. Anyway this tank will do for now, so not worth buying those new coils, im thinking fasttech might stop selling the ones ive bought for years. I use to rebuild them too, just for fun, getting that thin felt type strip back in was a nightmare, but coil easy, still got the mini blow torch.

I did make lots of horizontal coils, even the desposable catomizers I re built

So right now i need battries, the Imren are very good, but cant find them anymore, and do not know anything about other 40A 3500ma if still avaable, use to last me almost a week i think.

Ive got some new tips coming, new sylicon tank seals, mine is looking dirty, and some 10ml bottles, aaaggghhh threw out 50 or more and 30ml and 50ml hard work starting again.

Made my own magnetic mixer, it was great, pvc magnet and the rest i made myself, loved the whirlpool mix :) i got nothing right now.

Im on cell phone right now so will check out those links on pc later, thanks.

So what good battries to buy on here, much cheaper than uk prices.

I had stopped vaping 3 years, and the last year no nicotine at all, i didnt need it, still hard to put vape down. This time around im going to get into the habit of putting the vape down for 30 min, i was smoking up until few days ago 40 per day of roll ups, Holborn yellow, stopped buying junk from corner shop, this stuff is £15 for 30g so another good reason to stop again. Now i have lots of medical test instruments, im a tecno freak, so i could see my oxygen level in blood was around 90% and after i starting vaping it went up to 94% right now its around 89% and im starting to get c.o.p.d, so last ditch attempt to live a bit longer...

But im very fussy, i forget how many tanks i bought, the first was a Kanker, but later bought a top fill tank from on here. But cloud chaising at that time just for fun...

I made a mix of 10mg nicotine, made a huge cloud but almost chocked to death, ok so i learned the hard way. Took days to recover from that and i read up a lot after...

So guys, how about battries, there use to be a uk ebay guy called torchy, the battery boy, just like the kids animation... But he use to buy and test them all, but not around anymore, IMR naturally, and would like much more than i would ever need, then i think better quality, thats why i wrote 3500ma and 40A, lots of 35A around 3000ma,my Imren is still working well after all these years, just noticed its 3000ma

Thanks all, i will read it all better on laptop later.

oh yes, im using pepermint, never liked the wifes menthol filters, but a weak pepermint is just fine, I dont do silly favours anymore. and the good thing is, its what the wife uses now, and soon to be banned, we got out of EU but some of its law still filters through maximum of 10ml eliquid, tamper proof vape mods and more.

Edited on 12/19/2021 at 12:22 PM. Reason: typos
#8 (permalink)      12/19/2021 12:22:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WelshKingJohn
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 381
  • Reviews 141
  • Kudos82
run out of room for words :)

@analogueman well the idear was to stop, so reducing NIC over the 2 years worked for me, then I started on my family, since then my son has quit, no more vape, no smoking, daughter in law also quit, I got them all the same at the time, those cheap Vamo tubes, and Nautilus on top, some of my old reviews show the pictures.

So they and me stopped, but very bad health (mental) got me smoking again
#9 (permalink)      12/19/2021 12:27:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WelshKingJohn
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 381
  • Reviews 141
  • Kudos82
@carrion4worm

Lots of things wrong then, well BVC work great for me, and did so for many years, and my own mix is my personal adjusted 100 times, not like the fixed junk in the ready made bottles that your stuck with.

Never had any problems with tested battries, nobody would say they are 40A, but thats on the label to look for, if they turn out to be 35A so what, better than buying a 35A and its ony 30A?

I use 7.5W !!!! but cool and battries last a hell of a long time

Other
The copy coils worked very good, else I would no use them would I, so do know there are people who wont buy cheap copies, always find faults, I never did, out of 300+ coils perhaps 5 duds

Edited on 12/19/2021 at 12:39 PM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      12/19/2021 12:38:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
WelshKingJohn wrote:

@carrion4worm

Lots of things wrong then, well BVC work great for me, and did so for many years, and my own mix is my personal adjusted 100 times, not like the fixed junk in the ready made bottles that your stuck with.

Never had any problems with tested battries, nobody would say they are 40A, but thats on the label to look for, if they turn out to be 35A so what, better than buying a 35A and its ony 30A?

If you have a juice that you sincerely are happy with, go for it! I personally haven't ever been able to replicate my favorite, top-shelf juices, but again, I can only give my experiences, and those close to me.

There are no battery makers names Imren or E-Fest, that's the point I was making. Those are "mystery" cells that the REAL manufacturers sell cheaply when they don't pass quality control - TRUE STORY. Any old guy with a printer can print labels with inflated specs to "fool" consumers into thinking they've bought quality cells, when nothing could be further from the truth. There are very few battery makers (listed above), and they have specs and data sheets available, and are first quality.

not that 7 watts(or similar low wattage) will push almost any cell to failure...but I want to give you the knowledge to make informed decisions. Also, regulated mods do tend to be much safer to use with low- quality cells...I know, I used to do it, too!

Good luck, and indeed, it will be MUCH easier if the BOTH of you commit to quit together. Worked pretty well for me and the wife, so "happy endings" are possible.

What does he mean when he says words?
#11 (permalink)      12/19/2021 12:52:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WelshKingJohn
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 381
  • Reviews 141
  • Kudos82
There are companies who will not sell single battires to the public, Panasonic is one company, they sell for repair for laptop or simular and do not want individuals buying them... But you know what ever the label is, if they are junk the word soon spreads just like "Ultrafire" fake and junk, but there are good quality battires out there, and you soon know when you have tested them for a few months, so buy more from the same people with the same name on the label.

All mine say "KingJohn" 3500ma 35W with shrink sleave, never for sale just for me, Imren were the best at the time I bought them, but probably switched back to the main name "Samsung" "Sony" or more, these people overstock and want to sell quickly.

So far the Amazon ones are lasting well, aver all 7.5W will even make a UntraFire look good, its time that counts, 6 years or more still working well, Sony Laptop 15 years old, battries still charge and last a few hours, but the nasty bateries would have gone bang by now