IOSS shipping (europe customers)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      12/15/2021 11:01:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Watercool
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 10542
  • Reviews 307
  • Kudos8107
IOSS shipping (europe customers)
Anyone had success with the prepayment of the import fees (IOSS?).

I ordered with IOSS and prepayment of the import fees, but they still marked the wrong value on the order. I doubt that stating the real value will help because it seems the order didn't have any documents attached showing that I paid the fees already...
#2 (permalink)      12/15/2021 6:20:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 468
  • Reviews 123
  • Kudos243
+2 details
I’ve ordered three or four times now using this option with Fasttech and it’s worked perfectly well... seamlessly in fact.
#3 (permalink)      12/15/2021 7:57:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11362
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5909
+1 details
Dear Watercool,

Our staff gave the wrong declared value in the ticket because she didn't realize our post office printed a new shipping label with a correct declared value. We apologize for this.

Our IOSS tax is handled by a dedicated 3rd party tax agent so please rest assured that all documents and papers are in place, even though these may not show in our package photos.

I have sent an email to you separately about the details. Thank you.

Edited on 12/15/2021 at 8:22 PM. Reason: Edit
#4 (permalink)      12/16/2021 12:54:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Watercool
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 10542
  • Reviews 307
  • Kudos8107
Thanks for clarification. As already suspected it’s our customs/postal service that’s acting up in a pretty ridiculous way.

Thanks Annie!
#5 (permalink)      12/17/2021 2:04:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11362
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5909
Watercool wrote:

Thanks for clarification. As already suspected it’s our customs/postal service that’s acting up in a pretty ridiculous way.

Thanks Annie!

Thanks for your understanding, dear Watercool. I will keep the ticket open. So you can contact us if you have any questions about the new order.

#6 (permalink)      12/22/2021 2:29:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zarck
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 209
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos128
$1.00 rebate earned
Sweden has a very nitpicky custom service, especially when postnord took over the duty.
My first order since the option to pay taxes at fasttech failed and got stuck, although fasttech handled the issue with excellence. With my second order the issue now seams to have been resolved and no issues in customs.

Please, for all, if your order get stuck, find out the reason (contact your customs/postal service) and work with fasttech (message support) so all these issues can be resolved. Don't get upset if you find that support don't understand fully, there is a language barrier and issues gets resolved if you work with this in mind. If you get to frustraded create a thread in the forum for @anniepan =)
#7 (permalink)      12/22/2021 2:33:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Watercool
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 10542
  • Reviews 307
  • Kudos8107
My problem is that they stop the parcel and then charge $20-$40 handling fees even if everything is properly declared. Austrian post is such a rip off when it comes to customs Handling.
#8 (permalink)      12/22/2021 9:24:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11362
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5909
Hi zarck and Watercool, thanks for your feedback.

For the pre-pay VAX tax order, we will apply our IOSS number for the packages. Even the number can't find on the package label, but the local postal will check it from their shipping system. If our customers have any problem with the customs, please feel free to contact our customer service for help.
#9 (permalink)      12/23/2021 4:21:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zarck
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 209
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos128
+1 details
Watercool the same crazy fees applies here, but only if they can find any reason that taxes isn't properly declared. But you have to pay the fees even if taxes turn out to be ok?

In that case you would probably need to use a shipping service that land in a different eu country (.nl have worked very good for me in the past) where it also get declared and then shipped to .at... Not sure if fasttech has that today, but I'm sure that they are willing to find a working solution for all their Austrian customers.