[dismiss] Holiday closure: from January 27th to February 7th, 2022. Shipping and support will resume on February 8th, 2022. (details)
FastTech wishes you and yours a safe and prosperous year of Tiger 🐱.
SXK KFL+ 2021 leaking from 510
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      12/2/2021 8:30:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inswva
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 101
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos143
SXK KFL+ 2021 leaking from 510
I recently snagged the SXK KFL+ 2021 from FT. Worked great for a few days before it started leaking from the 510. I seem to remember this being a known issue? I've rebuilt it and re-done the wicking several times with no joy.

Thanks.
#2 (permalink)      12/2/2021 9:59:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmm11
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 4951
  • Reviews 216
  • Kudos6069
+1 details
if it has the new aero pin and deck it shouldnt leak/seep like the older lites as the pin has an o ring that seals it, i've changed most of my lites to the new deck and pin and all have been bone dry for months now, theres still a tiny bit of condensation build up in the deck base but its unavoidable
#3 (permalink)      12/2/2021 10:12:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inswva
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 101
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos143
gmm11 wrote:

if it has the new aero pin and deck it shouldnt leak/seep like the older lites as the pin has an o ring that seals it, i've changed most of my lites to the new deck and pin and all have been bone dry for months now, theres still a tiny bit of condensation build up in the deck base but its unavoidable

I appreciate the input.There is an o-ring on the aerokon pin. I'll take it apart again and make sure everything is where it belongs. I have the MTL pro pin, or whatever it's called, as well and can try swapping the pins and/or o-rings.

#4 (permalink)      12/2/2021 11:20:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmm11
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 4951
  • Reviews 216
  • Kudos6069
+1 details
one thing to look out for is there's a glitch with the new decks not fitting the sxk base in some cases, my atties were the no name clone ones and all fitted with no problems, hope you get it sorted.
#5 (permalink)      12/2/2021 8:54:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Load64
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 26
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos11
gmm11 wrote:

if it has the new aero pin and deck it shouldnt leak/seep

He said he has SXK KFL+ 2021 and that means that it has the new aero pin and deck ... :/ lol

I have 2 SXK KFL+ 2021 (1 black and 1 grey). Both used to leak from 510. The good news is that you can do something and the bad news is i m not sure i can explain clearly how i did.

Anyway, i used those o-ring. You need to unscrew the base of the atomizer + the build deck in order to access to the bottom of it.
Take back the plastic insulator and put an o-ring around it, then replace it. Put another o-ring around the metal piece from the build deck that goes on the plastic insulator and screw all the pieces back.
Make sure that the metal piece in contact with the battery outrun enough from the plastic insulator.

That's how i fixed the leaking problem, and i m very happy i did it because i love the kfl+ :)

I hope i helped.

#6 (permalink)      12/3/2021 5:33:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Load64
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 26
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos11
I forgot something...
At first, you have to unscrew the aerokon pin. It makes it easier to unscrew the build deck from the base.