[dismiss] Holiday closure: from January 27th to February 7th, 2022. Shipping and support will resume on February 8th, 2022. (details)
FastTech wishes you and yours a safe and prosperous year of Tiger 🐱.
What the hell happened to Joyetech?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/29/2021 12:35:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dub09
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1750
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos552
+4 details
What the hell happened to Joyetech?
They were one of the best makers of small form box mods in the 2015 to 2017?

What went wrong with the company making this;

And hit rock bottom hard to resorting to making this abomination;

Smoking is Dead, Vaping is the Future, and the Future is Now... So I will ask a percentage of your sales for each device review I do.
#2 (permalink)      11/29/2021 5:32:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zarck
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 204
  • Reviews 114
  • Kudos122
+2 details
Everyone is trying to find their niche for a sustainable business. Not all succeed. Sadly this has very little to do with quality.
#3 (permalink)      11/29/2021 6:23:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pewpew
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 2652
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1094
+2 details
You need to go deeper, the design was so good, so it made a whole family of devices built on that platform (Nuvoton MCU).

It was like IBM PC AT of box mod world.
The answer to 1984 is 1973 § Panasonic or Samsung - that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer.
#4 (permalink)      11/29/2021 6:38:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2311
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2023
+4 details
JoyeWisLeaf is all one company, and they made each of their brand names cover distinct parts of the spectrum. At one time, the three names were mostly steps up the price ladder - Eleaf was at the low end, but had rebuildable atomizers. Joyetech was firmly in the middle; good build quality and value for the money. Wismec had their higher end, and did volume manufacturing for outside brands (like the VapeForward VaporFlask models). With the new organisation, Joyetech kind of got the short end of the stick, being mostly starter kit sticks, AIOs, and pod systems. "Normal" vape gear went to Eleaf. Wismec got the weird experimental stuff, which is likely the reason Jaybo left the joint. I mean, who in their right mind would want to have their name associated with a "mod" that's mostly a bad semi-waterproof Bluetooth speaker?
#5 (permalink)      11/29/2021 10:40:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12184
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos18682
+2 details
Still have and use one of the black eVics, the one with the clock on their screen. Purchased 3-4 others but long ago lost their magnets, dropped them, etc.

I have circled right back to using single battery 18650 mods after a few years of single batt 21700 but in the end prefer the lighter/smaller 18650. Those eVics would work again for me today.

Definitely one of the more inexpensive mods that was an all time favourite of mine. Surprises me still that these companies don't do a second run years later. 🥺
Marxism is hip fascism
#6 (permalink)      11/30/2021 6:13:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dub09
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1750
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos552
+1 details
I still have my OG Pico and VTC Dual/Mini, I love both because they are the opposite of each other when it comes to the form factor.

OG Pico is stout and very light, while the Dual/Mini convertible is heavy-slim-tall like a tree.

Good old days when box mods were box shaped and not some random edge lord shape mod.
Smoking is Dead, Vaping is the Future, and the Future is Now... So I will ask a percentage of your sales for each device review I do.
#7 (permalink)      12/2/2021 6:20:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kwonton
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 25
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos4
+1 details
Rip.