[dismiss] Holiday closure: from January 27th to February 7th, 2022. Shipping and support will resume on February 8th, 2022. (details)
FastTech wishes you and yours a safe and prosperous year of Tiger 🐱.
Is the "Golden Age" of vaping over ??
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#81 (permalink)      12/1/2021 8:37:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Still.Me
Member
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12178
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos18678
+1 details
Picked up another QP Juggerknot MR + extra glass, screws, o-rings, etc.


But my partner whom only vapes one retail e-juice here in Canada by Jughead, Swedish Pastry has gone AWOL since Oct 12th.
Fortunately he bought about 650 ml the day before but I went to reorder last night and discovered he has shut down for 8 weeks. Whether or not he does reopen come the 12th remains to be seen but if not, I know my partner will walk away from vaping.

He has never found another flavour he loved like that one. If he does, I will put mine down as well.



Too many hoops to jump through these days. Will jump if an addiction is present but those days are long gone.
Marxism is hip fascism
#82 (permalink)      12/1/2021 8:52:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
analogueman
Member
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2489
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos1982
+1 details
Still.Me wrote:

Whether or not he does reopen come the 12th remains to be seen but if not, I know my partner will walk away from vaping.

He has never found another flavour he loved like that one. If he does, I will put mine down as well.


If you do, then best of luck to both of you. As long as you don't drift back to smoking at some point in the future, doing neither is the ideal.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#83 (permalink)      12/1/2021 8:57:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Still.Me
Member
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12178
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos18678
+1 details
analogueman wrote:

As long as you don't drift back to smoking at some point in the future, doing neither is the idea




No, that would never happen. Cant stand the smell nor taste of regular cigarettes today. I myself have not used nicotine in my e-juice for a couple of years.

That said I would still hold onto my fave gear for a year just on the off chance I changed my mind. 😁

Thank you though! :D


Edited on 12/1/2021 at 9:00 AM. Reason:
Marxism is hip fascism
#84 (permalink)      12/1/2021 9:45:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
analogueman
Member
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2489
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos1982
+2 details
As for the original question - a 'golden age' - I do have one, but it's going to be very subjective to my own experiences.

For me, that period between early-2013 and early-2014 was the 'golden age' of vaping, for several reasons.

When it comes to kit, tech was evolving with regulated devices slowly shifting from volts to watts, though tube mods (now called Mechs) were still king. Gennys still ruled the roost, with early RTAs starting to move away from silica to cotton (wool balls). And people were drilling out top caps for increased airflow, kicking off the concept of 'cloud chucking and DL vaping.

Another area that period could be considered a 'golden age' was that the push in vaping was more concerted in getting existing smokers to switch. It was said at the time (certainly here in the UK) that vaping would only sustain it's evolution and efficacy if smokers continued to be pushed towards this harm reduction alternative. I certainly felt that drive back then.

Unfortunately, in the years since, as vaping changed to become a 'hobby' for many, that ardent well-meaning drive to convert smokers appears to have dwindled somewhat.

So in summary, for me the 'golden age' was about eight to nine years ago, when the kit was evolving, Vapers were learning, and smoking was being assaulted by an effective reduced risk alternative.

How different it is today...

Edited on 12/1/2021 at 9:47 AM. Reason: Typo
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#85 (permalink)      12/1/2021 3:36:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ericbnc
Member
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 10105
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos11272
+1 details
I remember this tiny cylinder shaped rda I bought in a shop with my first mechanical mod.

It was 7.99 and they had a drill press for making the air flow as open as you wanted.
Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle
#86 (permalink)      12/2/2021 2:20:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Gigirat67
Member
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 386
  • Reviews 116
  • Kudos198
Yup, was looking at the PROtocol rba for boro tanks, a 40$ clone if you want mtl and rdl options. How does that compare with the insider or the exocet v2 clones in terms of price.
Sure they are different and possibly better but are they that more expensive in terms of production cost ?

The way the clone market is changing makes me wonder... maybe it’s still the golden age but the gold is changing sides ?
#87 (permalink)      12/2/2021 2:20:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Gigirat67
Member
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 386
  • Reviews 116
  • Kudos198
Oops double post

Edited on 12/2/2021 at 2:22 AM. Reason: Double post
#88 (permalink)      12/2/2021 10:00:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4195
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2554
worldwide inflation + no more competition for SXK = slightly rising prices by SXK. They are duplicating 200.00 products flawlessly, with the exact same user experience. Never forget that... I've bought plenty of both, and the far better investment is a 40.00 clone, not the 200.00 original.

Rising prices? It's all over. The price of bar stock steel went up 17 cents a pound since August here in America. I'm sure quality steel is even more expensive currently.

Still a great time for thrifty vapers...as long as one clone maker exists, the chance exists for you to live "luxuriously" for a modicum cost. Otherwise, a Billet costs 600.00 easy! )No SXK products, only original.

Edited on 12/2/2021 at 3:04 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#89 (permalink)      12/2/2021 1:00:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Member
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 452
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos423
Gigirat67 wrote:

Yup, was looking at the PROtocol rba for boro tanks, a 40$ clone if you want mtl and rdl options. How does that compare with the insider or the exocet v2 clones in terms of price.
Sure they are different and possibly better but are they that more expensive in terms of production cost ?

The way the clone market is changing makes me wonder... maybe it’s still the golden age but the gold is changing sides ?



The reason the price is relatively high is because of the phrase 'for boro tanks'. When there is a limited choice in a certain price range or category, this keeps the price high. Its just business, and every manufacturer needs to make a profit.

But you have overlooked the MAP code, so the real price is probably closer to $25 - if you don't need the MTL inserts then it's under $20.

I'm can't get too excited about any kind of AIO or Boro style device, but if the Protocol gives a decent vape then a sub $20 price tag (or $25ish if you want the MTL pins) really isn't excessive.

Don't overlook the MAP code

#90 (permalink)      12/5/2021 6:27:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
martinc
Member
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 6950
  • Reviews 276
  • Kudos3936
RussG wrote:


How does one quit vaping?[/quote]

The way it went for me:

1-Been vapin 3mg for a few years then when I mixed batches I started to do with/without nic, didnt brand the bottles as such (more of I just couldnt be bothered anymore)

2-One day even if I was good with nic juiice and everything required I justs topped adding nic to my mixes

--->vaped a lot more for a while

3-One day I just forgot my mod on the way to the park with ze dawgs....just a 45 mins walk no biggie

Then I started to "forget" more and more often and not caring

Then one day I just ... say fuck that shit. Cleaned everything, boxed it and put the lot in a dark place.

P.S. trying to sell my stuff on ECF but the shipping to the US is killing me. If Canadian buyers are interested....
non nobis, Domine, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
#91 (permalink)      12/5/2021 6:29:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
martinc
Member
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 6950
  • Reviews 276
  • Kudos3936
+1 details
analogueman wrote:

As for the original question - a 'golden age' - I do have one, but it's going to be very subjective to my own experiences. For me, that period between early-2013 and early-2014 was the 'golden age' of vaping, for several reasons. When it comes to kit, tech was evolving with regulated devices slowly shifting from volts to watts, though tube mods (now called Mechs) were still king. Gennys still ruled the roost, with early RTAs starting to move away from silica to cotton (wool balls). And people were drilling out top caps for increased airflow, kicking off the concept of 'cloud chucking and DL vaping. Another area that period could be considered a 'golden age' was that the push in vaping was more concerted in getting existing smokers to switch. It was said at the time (certainly here in the UK) that vaping would only sustain it's evolution and efficacy if smokers continued to be pushed towards this harm reduction alternative. I certainly felt that drive back then. Unfortunately, in the years since, as vaping changed to become a 'hobby' for many, that ardent well-meaning drive to convert smokers appears to have dwindled somewhat. So in summary, for me the 'golden age' was about eight to nine years ago, when the kit was evolving, Vapers were learning, and smoking was being assaulted by an effective reduced risk alternative. How different it is today...



When we transited from silica cords to cotton wick...oh my...the revelation..that was the golden age for me

Juices that tasted great with silica was totally repulsive with cotton and stuff that was repulsive with silica was addictive with cotton....that was mind boggling


Edited on 12/5/2021 at 6:32 PM. Reason:
non nobis, Domine, sed nomini tuo da gloriam