[dismiss] Holiday closure: from January 27th to February 7th, 2022. Shipping and support will resume on February 8th, 2022. (details)
FastTech wishes you and yours a safe and prosperous year of Tiger 🐱.
Looking for flavor-centric RTAs
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/14/2021 6:35:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dub09
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1750
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos552
+1 details
Looking for flavor-centric RTAs
I'm looking for suggestions for easy to find and procure RTA's that are best for flavor chasing. No gum-buster airflows please, I have sensitive gums, 2mm dual air flow holes is a minimum. At least 3ml in liquid capacity, isn't wider that 24mm dia, should have an easy fill top cap(slide or screw out to fill), having those stupidly useless grill/cutout designs in the top cap(like that one that looks like the Rook chess piece *barfs*). Doesn't necessarily need to be a mesh tank as I only vape between 40 to 100 watts depending on my build.
Smoking is Dead, Vaping is the Future, and the Future is Now... So I will ask a percentage of your sales for each device review I do.
#2 (permalink)      11/14/2021 8:08:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4195
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2554
+1 details
The best flavor will always be found in single air inlet atties, from my experience...less air, less turbulence, more direct flavor. (Dvarw , J3S, Doggy)

Good dual air inlets for "flavor chasing" are Avatar, Skyline, Tripod, which are just a tick less in flavor reproduction, but excellent all the same.

The GOBBY, which I'm testing now, seems great, and fits more of your criteria - check it out, the SXK is perfect, but there are other versions at different price levels.
What does he mean when he says words?
#3 (permalink)      11/14/2021 9:02:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+3 details
No Pommie or Aussie vaper would ever buy an atty named Gobby.
#4 (permalink)      11/14/2021 3:59:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4195
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2554
Whew! Thank goodness I'm American, 'cause i'm really digging it's ease of use so far...much more friendly than Hussar's usual overdone designs.

Don't really even know how the word is pronounced, much less it's meaning to those people, but "Bogan" isn't normally flattering either, but that dude gets by okay (I guess)

To me, it's a Hussar rta - the best one I've tried since their original "Hussar RTA". A step in the right direction, IMO.
#5 (permalink)      11/14/2021 10:51:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
carrion4worm wrote:

Whew! Thank goodness I'm American, 'cause i'm really digging it's ease of use so far...much more friendly than Hussar's usual overdone designs.

Don't really even know how the word is pronounced, much less it's meaning to those people, but "Bogan" isn't normally flattering either, but that dude gets by okay (I guess)

To me, it's a Hussar rta - the best one I've tried since their original "Hussar RTA". A step in the right direction, IMO.

It's ok, just don't tell any Aussies or Poms what you're vaping on if you come across any.

In the UK it refers to a person who tends to talk too loudly and in a blunt or opinionated way. In Australia it's also slang for blowjob.

Hussar should rename it, just like Lost Vape renamed the Scutum.

#6 (permalink)      11/15/2021 1:09:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dub09
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1750
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos552
carrion4worm wrote:

The best flavor will always be found in single air inlet atties, from my experience...less air, less turbulence, more direct flavor. (Dvarw , J3S, Doggy)

Good dual air inlets for "flavor chasing" are Avatar, Skyline, Tripod, which are just a tick less in flavor reproduction, but excellent all the same.

The GOBBY, which I'm testing now, seems great, and fits more of your criteria - check it out, the SXK is perfect, but there are other versions at different price levels.

I'm trading the extra "Nirvana" of flavors in lieu of wider and more open airflow as I can't really vape on anything that has less than 2mm dual airflow holes due to my gums being sensitive AF even though I don't have gingivitis or periodontitis.

Smoking is Dead, Vaping is the Future, and the Future is Now... So I will ask a percentage of your sales for each device review I do.
#7 (permalink)      11/15/2021 1:27:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4195
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2554
Well, I don't vape tight airflow either, so that shouldn't be an issue with any of the above rtas....the tightest of the dual airhole atties I mentioned would be the Avatar, which is still probably 1.5-2.mm each side. roughly.

Tripod, Skyline R are both great, but aren't the most user friendly when filling. Good luck in your search!
#8 (permalink)      11/15/2021 2:42:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+1 details
dub09 wrote:

I'm trading the extra "Nirvana" of flavors in lieu of wider and more open airflow as I can't really vape on anything that has less than 2mm dual airflow holes due to my gums being sensitive AF even though I don't have gingivitis or periodontitis.

I agree with carrion4worm, the Skyline is a great single coil rta, dual airflow holes with airflow insert options SKU 9739205

https://www.fasttech.com/forums/9739205/t/3132646/my-review/1

Replacement glass tank SKU 9738028 You will need to buy some as they are thinner than normal and easy to break.

Another rta that would meet your needs is the Taifun GT4S rta SKU 9723404

Replacement glass tank SKU 9724349

#9 (permalink)      11/15/2021 3:21:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dub09
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1750
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos552
Is the borked Pyramid on the top cap on the Skyline removable anD usable as-is without it?

Edited on 11/15/2021 at 4:41 AM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      11/15/2021 9:01:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
dub09 wrote:

Is the borked Pyramid on the top cap on the Skyline removable anD usable as-is without it?

It's the juice flow control s unfortunately no and that's one of my cons. Despite that I've been using the Skyline R every day for over six months.

#11 (permalink)      11/15/2021 2:20:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
The_Masteres
  • JoinedJan 2019
  • Posts 527
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos167
djvillan wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:

To me, it's a Hussar rta - the best one I've tried since their original "Hussar RTA". A step in the right direction, IMO.It's ok, just don't tell any Aussies or Poms what you're vaping on if you come across any.

In the UK it refers to a person who tends to talk too loudly and in a blunt or opinionated way. In Australia it's also slang for blowjob.

Hussar should rename it, just like Lost Vape renamed the Scutum.

There was an atty called Scutum ? llooolllll