Smallest, lightest dual-18650 mod?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#41 (permalink)      11/6/2021 6:16:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12059
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32082
Aegis max and a 21700 weighs 200g and it will take a beating. I really liked the Urus but I knew it was never going to last.
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#42 (permalink)      11/6/2021 6:22:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12059
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32082
EternalSpline wrote:

Smok products are awful. A simple google search will show you so many helpful fixes, and user complaints. This started as early if not before the alien 220 mod. Very poor build quality mods, probably part of the reason they are so cheap now, because they did not start off a cheap mod company. The original alien 220 mod was priced in the same category as everything else. Recently they have tried to creep back up with prices, but I wouldn't touch another smoke product for anything more than 20.00. I also would not go on a long trip without a backup for a smok mod.

As far as there pod products are concerned, no clue. I would not guess they would be anything different.

Totally down with that for Smok mods, they're usually shit, but Smok pods are pretty good apparently. I've got a Nexmesh and an Alike, both regular backup mods when I'm out and about. They both vape well, recharge in very little time and the Alike holds 5ml of liquid. The nexmesh coils are very good too.

Edit: I've just seen how much they are on here! I paid £25 ($34) for both mods and spare pods for them.

Edited on 11/6/2021 at 6:29 PM. Reason:
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#43 (permalink)      11/7/2021 1:21:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
I have 23 Smok mods and only the Alien failed. The paint flaked off and the 510 top plate separated from the body because the four tiny screws intended to hold it in place were screwed into shallow holes.

The other Smok mods are still going strong, with the oldest being the R80 and Tree Box. Then again, I don't drop my mods or handle them roughly and have silicone sleeves on some of them.
#44 (permalink)      11/7/2021 5:46:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5877
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4190
+1 details
Yeah but it is hard to trust you on durability of a mod DJ for that exact reason, you have what, hundreds of mods? So you don't put as much use on them as your average consumer I would imagine.

Even me, with far far less mods still probably have more then the average consumer. I have an Istick50 that still works great. The only real reason I can guess for that, apart from I also take good care of my stuff is that it has never gotten constant use day in and day out, like a normal consumer.

This is just my assumption though, thoughts?
#45 (permalink)      11/7/2021 6:34:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4784
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2874
+1 details
They are definitely NOW applying cost-cutting measures to mods, so don't expect any one mod under 40.00 to be a juggernaut. I do notice all the ones saying "brand x" sucks give no real proof, or even first hand stories.

The fact could be, you HEARD that "x" sucks, so you don't buy them....the whole "Smok" thing is approaching urban legend, all propagated by people that have never owned more than one, maybe two.

To the user above mentioning Swags - I memntioned Drag, not swag...typo, or wrong mod? Many Drags are still out there, "dragging" pants down with it's heavy ass!

Good to see some real discussion, keep it up!
What does he mean when he says words?
#46 (permalink)      11/7/2021 6:39:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4784
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2874
..I also wonder if people hold different products (i.e., handheld electronics) to the same standards? Do we say "Apple sucks" when we drop our phone, and it breaks?
#47 (permalink)      11/7/2021 7:32:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Studip
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 267
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos253
Hey Noob... quit acting like you know everything. It's exhausting.
#48 (permalink)      11/7/2021 7:58:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5877
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4190
You can actually get some great under 40.00 juggernauts, some times they are just older models now on sale for great prices. The first run Aegis, the one without the large screen priced right and as juggernaut as it gets.

The newest model I can't speak for because I don't own it, but if it is anything like the others in the series it should be built tough. It's also under 40.00.

Drag series mods, pretty tough good boards, under 40.00.

Vapresso gen, pretty tough, not Aegis tough, under 40.00

The lost vape budget series of mods, they look pretty tough, don't own any right now. I have seen them under 40.00. Sure this would not apply to the plastic model they put out, Lost Vape Thelema Quest 200W . Not sure if it is just the C frame door or all of it on some of them is plastic. I believe the majority next to the board is metal.

A google search for Smok mods defects gives About 9,460,000 results. Vaperesso About 97,100 results. Geekvape mod defects About 137,000 results. Smok mod problems About 626,000 results. Lost vape mod problems About 815,000 results. Voopoo mod problems About 165,000 results.

That is about as unbiased a view as I can give you on Smok products. I mean you can say that maybe Smok just seems to have more vocal complainers, or they put out more products total than the others mentioned. Honestly I personally would rather spend my own dollars with a company like geekvape, Vapresso, or Voopoo. I don't really care how many mods a company puts out, that pads there bottom line, it does nothing for my enjoyment or long term use of a quality product. To each there own though, what's right for me can be wrong for you and that is 100% no issue.

Yes this is not a flawless way of proving the point. I think for that I would need to search allot longer and come up with some way of not biasing the results with amounts of total products and models sold, but that is impossible to know.

Here is an interesting search result.

10 Best Vape Mods 2021

VooPoo Drag 2.
Smok Morph 2 Vape Mod Starter Kit.
VooPoo Drag X Plus.
Vaporesso Gen S 220W.
Vandy Vape Jackaroo Box Mod.
Lost Vape Quest Grus.
Vaporesso FORZ TX80 80W Vape Mod.
GeekVape Aegis X 200.

What are the best vape Mods in 2020?

Geekvape Legend 2 – [Editors Choice] ...
Geek Vape Aegis X – (Best Display) ...
Geek Vape Aegis Mini – (Best Small Mod) ...
JAC Vapour Series S22 – (Best Vape Mod for Beginners) ...
Dovpo Odin Mini – (Best Single 21700 Mod) ...
JAC Vapour Series B DNA75 – (Best DNA Vape Mod) ...
Voopoo Argus GT – (Best Dual Cell Box Mod)

Still though "Smok mods defects gives About 9,460,000 results." I would not call it an urban legend with results like that. They have 100% made allot of products, and sold allot, with that comes problems and defects in mods, 100% correct. They might be getting better as of lately or maybe even the last few years I would not know.
#49 (permalink)      11/7/2021 8:12:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4784
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2874
No, I would bet mods are getting worse, as they see a dwindling market, and are applying cost-cutting measures. The Rigel, which DOES fit the criteria of the discussion (dual 18650, comfy, light) is sub 35.00 most places, when previous Smok/mainstream mods were 50.00-60.00 just two years ago.

It's like a pot-luck dinner on some levels. simply because NONE of the big manufacturers have sufficient quality control - that next faulty mod is always right around the corner....

Or buy a Lost Vape/ Evolv powered mod - and never buy another mod - unless you want to. This may not be as great a proposition to non-American consumers, as the only other warranty center I know of is Stealth Vape in UK. Some countrymen may find that shipping is just as costly, lol.

Favorite Smok series: MAG. yes, a clone mod! Smok and many others got their start copying others...I miss H Cigar....
#50 (permalink)      11/7/2021 8:12:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4784
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2874
poo-poo

Edited on 11/7/2021 at 8:14 AM. Reason:
#51 (permalink)      11/7/2021 8:38:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5877
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4190
".I also wonder if people hold different products (i.e., handheld electronics) to the same standards? Do we say "Apple sucks" when we drop our phone, and it breaks?"

I don't, my phone was more expensive then any mod I have ever owned. So no I would not hold it to the same standards. It does allot more, and has a very good case to protect it.

I think if there was a comparable product it might be easier, I think the nicotine addiction aspects adds something to it all. If a mod lets you down, it can really put you in a bad spot. Not many people carry a backup phone with them.