Smallest, lightest dual-18650 mod?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      11/6/2021 9:18:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2843
Well, one bad mod doesn't spoil a whole batch. There are mistakes made on EVERY high-volume assembly line. Many users report (including me) perfect function from Smok or Wotofo products (made by the same manufacturer, along with a couple much smaller mod brands)

Most likely a simple fix, such as no battery connection/looseness in the battery bay, or poor 510 soldering....one good drop could cause either one to become a critical issue.
What does he mean when he says words?
#32 (permalink)      11/6/2021 10:09:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 699
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos613
+1 details
carrion4worm wrote:

Well, one bad mod doesn't spoil a whole batch. There are mistakes made on EVERY high-volume assembly line. Many users report (including me) perfect function from Smok or Wotofo products (made by the same manufacturer, along with a couple much smaller mod brands)

Most likely a simple fix, such as no battery connection/looseness in the battery bay, or poor 510 soldering....one good drop could cause either one to become a critical issue.

Unfortunately what you are describing is poor build quality, and, judging by the number of failures of Smok products (particularly the Rigel mods) its considerably more than one bad mod in a batch.

It could be a simple fix, but that is cold comfort if it craps out when you aren't at home.

#33 (permalink)      11/6/2021 11:45:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2843
That's not what the industry calls "build quality"... One employee slacks off/ fucks up on one mod and it's bad build quality, and/or an epidemic? Don't know if you have any real proof to your claim, but I'd take a look at it....An anomaly is not bad build quality, it's poor assembly.

Smok sells so many more mods than everyone else, of course there would be more complaints....just like there are many, many satisfied customers - who are out there vaping, not making a peep.

Every Smok mod I've ever bought still works. Sure, a little is luck of the draw, but I can't say that about my mountain of broken Sigelei mods(more recent ones), or the tons of crappy "one-off" mods I've bought over the years, like Vapelustion, Artic Dolphin, or VapeCige, to name a few....

A better thing would be to value the weight of people's opinions you can trust: If you don't wanna believe me (and I know you don't, lol), ask DJ...he has one as well it seems.

EDIT: How could I have forgotten the king of duds, Wismec (and associated brands, but mainly Wismec)??? I've got 1 working mod from them - they die off faster than tse tse flies, and are just as sickness inducing, lol.

Edited on 11/6/2021 at 11:54 AM. Reason:
#34 (permalink)      11/6/2021 2:20:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 699
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos613
carrion4worm wrote:

That's not what the industry calls "build quality"... One employee slacks off/ fucks up on one mod and it's bad build quality, and/or an epidemic? Don't know if you have any real proof to your claim, but I'd take a look at it....An anomaly is not bad build quality, it's poor assembly.Smok sells so many more mods than everyone else, of course there would be more complaints....just like there are many, many satisfied customers - who are out there vaping, not making a peep.Every Smok mod I've ever bought still works. Sure, a little is luck of the draw, but I can't say that about my mountain of broken Sigelei mods(more recent ones), or the tons of crappy "one-off" mods I've bought over the years, like Vapelustion, Artic Dolphin, or VapeCige, to name a few....A better thing would be to value the weight of people's opinions you can trust: If you don't wanna believe me (and I know you don't, lol), ask DJ...he has one as well it seems.EDIT: How could I have forgotten the king of duds, Wismec (and associated brands, but mainly Wismec)??? I've got 1 working mod from them - they die off faster than tse tse flies, and are just as sickness inducing, lol.

I can only speak from personal experience, which when it comes to Smok, hasn't been positive - and from the fact that many vape stores in the UK refuse to stock Smok products because of the high failure/return rate. When people who make their living from vaping products categorically state they are shoddy the problem is obviously endemic.

#35 (permalink)      11/6/2021 2:41:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inatrance1973
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2018
  • Posts 121
  • Reviews 102
  • Kudos68
4 out of 4 Smok mods I've bought this year have been from UK vape sites, so not sure where you get that UK sites won't stock them. All were bought from well known UK vape sites. Also bought the Mdura Pro from a well known UK vape site. All I've bought have been good mods. If they fuck up, then they fuck up, but I honestly think Smok mods are a lot better these days. Just my opinion though
#36 (permalink)      11/6/2021 3:02:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 699
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos613
inatrance1973 wrote:

4 out of 4 Smok mods I've bought this year have been from UK vape sites, so not sure where you get that UK sites won't stock them. All were bought from well known UK vape sites. Also bought the Mdura Pro from a well known UK vape site. All I've bought have been good mods. If they fuck up, then they fuck up, but I honestly think Smok mods are a lot better these days. Just my opinion though

I was referring to the local brick and mortar shops where I live rather than online sites - 3 out of 5 won't touch Smok. If you've had some luck with them then that's just great.

#37 (permalink)      11/6/2021 3:05:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inatrance1973
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2018
  • Posts 121
  • Reviews 102
  • Kudos68
Bricks and mortar shops are garbage where I am mate, so wouldn't know about them. Thought you meant websites
#38 (permalink)      11/6/2021 3:23:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2843
Yeah, I don't trust any brick and mortars...they take gear out of boxes, in which case anything could happen...the "switcheroo", the "returned mod", the "dropped" display model, etc....

Smok makes good stuff - that's why they are still here, while many are gone, never to return. We really are at a turning point in vape manufacturing history - and a vape shop that doesn't carry Smok products is just cutting their own throat.

Voopoo is another company that has always had pretty good quality - My OG Drag, "TOO", and the cassette player-looking mod all still work great as well.....

Funny, though: Remember when the GENE chip was considered "cutting edge"? lol, still solid, though.
#39 (permalink)      11/6/2021 4:48:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
heffo
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 2427
  • Reviews 147
  • Kudos3421
+1 details
The OG swag was shite, 510 was held together with solder, mine broke after a small fall.
#40 (permalink)      11/6/2021 5:15:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5791
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4140
Smok products are awful. A simple google search will show you so many helpful fixes, and user complaints. This started as early if not before the alien 220 mod. Very poor build quality mods, probably part of the reason they are so cheap now, because they did not start off a cheap mod company. The original alien 220 mod was priced in the same category as everything else. Recently they have tried to creep back up with prices, but I wouldn't touch another smoke product for anything more than 20.00. I also would not go on a long trip without a backup for a smok mod.

As far as there pod products are concerned, no clue. I would not guess they would be anything different.
#41 (permalink)      11/6/2021 6:16:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12050
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32077
Aegis max and a 21700 weighs 200g and it will take a beating. I really liked the Urus but I knew it was never going to last.
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw