Dvarw MTL FL Facelift Style Atomizer w/ 11 x Air Inserts
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/22/2021 10:51:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
steamer861
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 103
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos102
Dvarw MTL FL Facelift Style Atomizer w/ 11 x Air Inserts
So, I got this today & cant stop it from flooding :( I have noticed the Plastic cap that covers the coil is loose in the base. I tried to fit a bigger O-Ring, but no luck :( Now I'm wondering if I should buy the replacement deck? Or the replacement plastic cap? One of them is out of spec, no matter witch one I get it could be the other :( If I get both I'm have way to a new one, what should I do?
BTW this unit came with all three tanks & they all flood the wick, so I'm convinced the problem is the deck or the Cap :(
If any one has had this issue & resolved? How did you fix it?
#2 (permalink)      10/23/2021 12:33:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
steamer861
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 103
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos102
Turns out the cap is the same size as the 24mm version. I put the cap from the 22mm my 24mm & it flooded it immediately, also the arrow on the cap from the 22mm is on the wrong side! I'm assuming the cap on my new 22mm was defective & some how got thru the QC!
I will order SKU 9730870, it should fix my issue :)
#3 (permalink)      10/23/2021 12:02:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3905
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2403
+1 details
Yeah, those caps are/were a big step backwards, IMO. The original Dvarw had none of the directional requirements that the FL imposed, and it made things go a lot easier. Other than the juice holes, which are self-explanatory as to location, you also have a very slight indentation under the caps edge, which aligns with the insulator side of the deck, and "slips under" the airflow insert screw. If it's not aligned and seated properly, you'll get a flooded deck every time, guaranteed.

Edited on 10/23/2021 at 12:03 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#4 (permalink)      10/23/2021 1:46:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
steamer861
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 103
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos102
+1 details
So, it's definitely an out of spec cap. I put a small piece of wire behind the O Ring & it's working fine for now, till I can get a replacement cap :) I know now it's the cap, I tried 3 different O Rings & they are all the same size, plus the cap from my 24mm works perfect! The part of the cap that holds the O Ring must be a fraction of a mm to small & it creates a gap that effects the vacuum & causes the flooding.

Edited on 10/23/2021 at 5:08 PM. Reason: