Fiber Freaks hardcore fans!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      10/16/2021 4:33:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zarck
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 179
  • Reviews 98
  • Kudos110
philipvdb wrote:

I believe Grahambeauty cellucotton 44060.

That's the make i'm using

#12 (permalink)      10/16/2021 6:11:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Stoneyouth
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos6
for me cellucotton highlight more on creamy note but mute on the sweetness and fruity note..
cotton give me more sweetness and fruity notes.. and less creamy note..
as the cellucoton/fiber cost more in my area.. so i preffer cotton..
and yes cotton need a breakin period.. so i juice burn longer a bit during wicking before begin vaping with the new wick.
#13 (permalink)      10/16/2021 7:01:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3905
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2403
The whole "cotton/rayon" burning in half is a thing many of us Billet/ "boutique" rda/rta guys deal with. It doesn't happen much with big coils, because the cotton/rayon is nice and thick. However, on 2mm and smaller smalls, especially high density round wire,a dry wick will literally burn in two, separated inside the coil. You won't even notice visually of course, you find out when you alternate between dry hits to leaking, lol. To me, the fact that this CAN happen easier with synthetic cotton is a downside, and when I ran out of my one box, I didn't want to re-buy any.

Cotton all the way for me...I taste it more initially (first 10 puffs, maybe), but overall it has less effect on taste, lasts longer, and doesn't burn as easily. Again, Cellucotton wicks faster, no doubt, so it has its uses, like in my Taifun GX, for instance!

To OP: That's the box!

Edited on 10/16/2021 at 7:02 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#14 (permalink)      10/16/2021 7:03:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MitchL
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3962
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos2482
Cotton tends to expand with use which can eventually lead to vapor lock in the rta. Cellulose cotton if burned in a non temperature controlled environment can leak due to structural loss. Fill me in on what I need to know? Been using organic Japanese cotton forever!
#15 (permalink)      10/16/2021 7:10:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MitchL
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3962
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos2482
Mabe we need to get fiber freaks back in business! I will be glad to give it a try!
#16 (permalink)      10/16/2021 7:25:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MitchL
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3962
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos2482
Do I need to post a definition of vapor lock in a rta for Carrion4worms? It is when the vacuum in the tank exceeds the ability to wick juice through the substrate.
#17 (permalink)      10/16/2021 7:31:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11932
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos18327
+2 details
MitchL wrote:

Cellulose cotton if burned in a non temperature controlled environment can leak due to structural loss.

I have been using it for about 4+ years in both TC and non TC and would agree that it can leak due to structural loss depending on the atomizer wicking style but not due to TC or the lack thereof.

Using atomizers such as the Moonshot, or the QP Fatality 25, at least in my case when wicking those you had to really stuff them full and tight. In such wicking styles, yes, I found that cotton was better.

In other atomizers, lets say GeekVape Zeus, Bellus, Oxva Arbiter.....many others where the wicking just hangs down from the deck without needing to be stuffed in, I have never noticed structural loss.

I have used it in 2mm coils, 2.5mm coils 3mm and 3.5 and never had any problem other than what I mentioned above.

Like anything else, to each his own. Whatever works for someone.

Edited on 10/16/2021 at 7:32 PM. Reason: +where
Marxism is hip fascism
#18 (permalink)      10/16/2021 8:44:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MitchL
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3962
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos2482
+1 details
I found that cellulose cotton doesn't expand like organic cotton in the juice ports. If you don't get the build exactly right, it will leak because of the lack of vacuum in the tank. The lack of vacuum can lead too excellent wicking, but a leaky rta. Organic cotton has the tendency to expand after wicking to sometimes choke off the vacuum in the tank, and inhibit wicking all together. Your choice!
#19 (permalink)      10/17/2021 3:16:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dub09
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1734
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos545
+1 details
MitchL wrote:

Mabe we need to get fiber freaks back in business! I will be glad to give it a try!

Best wicking material ever since it launched, no break in required - just build, wick, juice, and forget about dry hits... Sad to see it close down back in 2016.

On wicking topic, I use my left over Fiber freaks yarn as a core for my japanese cotton wicks. I find that this is the best way to keep the whole structure intact so that the part of the wick that is touching the coils doesn't collapse due to drying out.

Smoking is Dead, Vaping is the Future, and the Future is Now... So I will ask a percentage of your sales for each device review I do.
#20 (permalink)      10/17/2021 4:06:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vitrolles
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 2753
  • Reviews 134
  • Kudos4145
#21 (permalink)      10/17/2021 6:40:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3905
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2403
+1 details
MitchL wrote:

Do I need to post a definition of vapor lock in a rta for Carrion4worms? It is when the vacuum in the tank exceeds the ability to wick juice through the substrate.

Why would you need to? what's the relevance? When it happens, remove some cotton, simple.

EDIT: I suppose if the tank is full, just crack the top to allow wicking, until the tank is able to be corrected.

The pains of Billet wicking arent like rtas, which was what I was discussing. Cute comment, but out of place in this context. No one doubts my abilities as a highly advanced vaper, I just tell the truth that others won't, because of "pride" I guess....or some silly reason.

Everybody who uses rtas has had dry hits or leaks. Everybody. People exaggerate, thinking no one will notice. WRONG.

Edited on 10/17/2021 at 6:57 AM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?