Fiber Freaks hardcore fans!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/16/2021 3:58:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dub09
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1734
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos545
$1.00 rebate earned
Fiber Freaks hardcore fans!
What wicking material are you now using now that the company closed down?

I have all exhausted my 40-pack strips that I bought back in 2016.

I'm out of wicks now and is just using Koh gen do organic cotton, it has a terrible break in period of maybe 5ml to 15ml(varies per flavor profile, fruity has the shortest break in).
Smoking is Dead, Vaping is the Future, and the Future is Now... So I will ask a percentage of your sales for each device review I do.
#2 (permalink)      10/16/2021 4:55:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Muji 180 sheet pack for around six bucks. Bought 6 years ago, still have over 100 sheets left.
#3 (permalink)      10/16/2021 4:58:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zarck
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 179
  • Reviews 98
  • Kudos110
I actually do one or two wettings of a apple or pear juice on Koh gen do (like 0.25ml or so) to break it in. Then I turn to the juice I want.

But I mostly use cotton bacon V2 or rayon.
#4 (permalink)      10/16/2021 5:55:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 882
  • Reviews 68
  • Kudos645
I switched to rayon/viscose and never go back to cotton again. I had to buy 1Kg so I'm never going to run out of wick material. :)
"The Truth Is Out There"
#5 (permalink)      10/16/2021 6:50:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3905
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2403
I've tried CelluCotton, and it indeed wicks even faster than cotton. However, there is a slightly more pronounced "taste" that goes away quickly.

Good for rdtas, and CelluCotton comes in a handy dispenser box in a good precut size for vaping! Check out your local Beauty Supply store, it's worth checking out..

However, it is synthetic, not all-natural like cotton. Some would argue natural is always better, but it does wick well.
What does he mean when he says words?
#6 (permalink)      10/16/2021 7:28:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dub09
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1734
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos545
I haven't tried Cellucotton, I might try one of these days... The pads I use has that earthy and seedy(something the same taste of those boiled peanuts or beans).

carrion4worm wrote:

I've tried CelluCotton, and it indeed wicks even faster than cotton. However, there is a slightly more pronounced "taste" that goes away quickly.

Good for rdtas, and CelluCotton comes in a handy dispenser box in a good precut size for vaping! Check out your local Beauty Supply store, it's worth checking out..

However, it is synthetic, not all-natural like cotton. Some would argue natural is always better, but it does wick well.

What code on the top right of the cellucotton box is the most suitable for vaping use?

Smoking is Dead, Vaping is the Future, and the Future is Now... So I will ask a percentage of your sales for each device review I do.
#7 (permalink)      10/16/2021 8:32:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3905
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2403
dub09 wrote:

I haven't tried Cellucotton, I might try one of these days... The pads I use has that earthy and seedy(something the same taste of those boiled peanuts or beans).

carrion4worm wrote:

What code on the top right of the cellucotton box is the most suitable for vaping use?

I couldn't tell you anything like that, as I use cotton again and my experimenting days with wicking is long over. As to my recollection, there was only one option to purchase. I don't remember thinking "which one?, ya know?"

Sorry I cant be of more help, but honestly, cotton is better overall. If you even get close to a dry hit, cellucotton melts inside the coil, separating it into two pieces and causing immediate flooding/poor taste. At least with cotton, you get burning taste before the cotton burns in half.

What does he mean when he says words?
#8 (permalink)      10/16/2021 9:07:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dub09
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1734
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos545
+1 details
Thanks, I've searched on the forums - the numbering doesn't matter so long as I get 100% Rayon.
#9 (permalink)      10/16/2021 3:09:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2656
  • Reviews 35
  • Kudos4329
I believe Grahambeauty cellucotton 44060.
We can't agree on everything.
#10 (permalink)      10/16/2021 4:02:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11932
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos18327
This is the one to use.

Bought a large box at a beauty supply place about 3+ years ago and still only 1/5th the way though, IF that!

Think I paid...hmm, if I recall correctly, about $15 then? If even that?

If you even get close to a dry hit, cellucotton melts inside the coil, separating it into two pieces and causing immediate flooding/poor taste. At least with cotton, you get burning taste before the cotton burns in half.

Never had a dry hit, never had it separated in two pieces, flooding, poor taste, etc.
I used Fibre Freaks beforehand and honestly, its the same to me other than the style of roll.

Only atomizer I use whereby I believe cotton might have been a better choice is the QP Fatality 25. I find on that one unlike all others i own, that i must change the cellucotton a bit more often. I feel it thins out a bit after a period of time unlike cotton but all other atomizers I own I prefer it to cotton.

Edited on 10/16/2021 at 4:07 PM. Reason:
Marxism is hip fascism
#11 (permalink)      10/16/2021 4:33:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zarck
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 179
  • Reviews 98
  • Kudos110
philipvdb wrote:

I believe Grahambeauty cellucotton 44060.

That's the make i'm using