any new RTAs worth a look?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      10/18/2021 9:11:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5547
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3999
Not a 22, but sliding top cap. I some how missed all the Kylin RTA's. I have heard all of them are good.
#22 (permalink)      10/18/2021 9:27:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dub09
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1750
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos552
EternalSpline wrote:

Not a 22, but sliding top cap. I some how missed all the Kylin RTA's. I have heard all of them are good.

Yeah not at all 22mm dia, close though to what exactly I'm looking for. Gonna settle for that one since there's nothing close to it on the 22mm division. I find screw on top caps the most annoying stuff ever to exist, like push-to-fit isn't even demonizing at all.

Smoking is Dead, Vaping is the Future, and the Future is Now... So I will ask a percentage of your sales for each device review I do.
#23 (permalink)      10/19/2021 10:47:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15376
  • Reviews 381
  • Kudos29349
Not a 22mm either but with a sliding top cap and a very short, stubby, nice looking RTA, I loved a lot the Centaur Mini in the past. Can be used in DL (RDL) or in MTL (if very tight MTL works well, no idea, but it really shined with 24G (I'm not really a fused wire fan, never happened to try claptons etc. in it but they would definitely work) I guess 26-27G would be fine with it too.

Eternal, I've never tried nic salt, smth yet to do, just for curiosity. :)
In about the last 2 years I 've just resumed to use 26-27G plain kanthal in everything (with some rare exceptions) and when it's about these tiny decks, I just throw a 28G build in it and vape on with the same 3mg juices I normally do, perfectly with the same satisfaction.
But in those little RTA's i could definitely double the nic. (using the 16mm dvarws a lot)
#24 (permalink)      10/19/2021 11:11:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5547
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3999
I think since I go from very little restriction direct lung 6 MG 100 plus watts, I can't really get the same satisfaction from the MTL stuff. My salt is 24mg not the 50 that some use but it is still kind of too much. Not many brands do an 18MG regular nic these days, but I think I want to try that instead in the tiny RTA, or a 12MG.

After I use salt nic for even a little amount of time, it's like after I am withdrawing from nic, chain vape my 6MG and it does not feel like enough. Between that and it giving me some anxiety, I am just kind of done with it.
#25 (permalink)      10/19/2021 11:41:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15376
  • Reviews 381
  • Kudos29349
I see. It doesn't sound very great... About the first thing (the withdrawing effect), I heard similar things about it from other people too, maybe that's why I've never got closer to trying it.
So I won't rush to order some right now either. But if an occasion presents, I'll still give it a go.
#26 (permalink)      10/19/2021 11:52:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5547
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3999
Yeah I would not tell anyone to stay away from it, everyone reacts differently to these kinds of things. I think it is kind of great for someone just getting off cigs. You can do really high levels of nic with it and not taste or get the harshness like you would from regular nic. Also for whatever reason it absorbs faster, for a smoker that is used to that it's probably a good thing.

It is also what is in all the prefilled pods to my knowledge.