any new RTAs worth a look?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      10/15/2021 11:25:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11936
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos18329
+1 details
EternalSpline wrote:

Unpopular opinion but the QP Fatality m25 is over hyped

Disagree. Fantastic atomizer. Have 2 authentic and love them both. I noticed earlier comments suggesting that the build is not good but again, have to disagree. It's very well made.

Cant compare to the others you have mentioned but I noticed you were not fond of the Fatality 25 shortly after purchasing one.

Is it overpriced at this stage of the game?
Perhaps.
I only paid $60 Canadian = $48.43 US

But then some sites are charging $48 US I think it is for the new Oxva Arbiter 2. Seems overpriced to me as well.

I cant beat the flavour on the Fatality 25 but I only use it indoors as I only use top airflow outside.

***Only thing I do not like about the QP atomizers, my Fatality 25 and the Juggerknot MR are the clear drip tips that come with each.
Love the look but find they create too much pooling below the drip tip.
Switched out the clear on the Fatality 25 for a Geekvape Zeus X tip and use the black thinner drip tips that come with the Juggerknot MR = problem gone.

@Tony215- I am in Toronto so QP Design being Canadian, they now sell them for $50US--not sure how that would work out for a buyer in the US though.

Edited on 10/15/2021 at 11:32 AM. Reason:
Marxism is hip fascism
#12 (permalink)      10/15/2021 12:38:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5394
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3884
+1 details
Yeah I did state it is an unpopular opinion. Also I believe it is two years old not three, and QP did lower the price finally to 49.99. Still IMO over priced.

"Cant compare to the others you have mentioned but I noticed you were not fond of the Fatality 25 shortly after purchasing one."

Yeah I was a late adopter on it. My biggest gripe on it initially was it was so difficult to separate the parts to get the rubber piece out that lowers the juice capacity. I was definitely never overly impressed with it

If you detach the glass and the fill/drip tip and your holding the chimney and glass section in your hand it is super light, the edges are sharp at least on the one I have that came directly from QP. The chimney should be thicker for a little less heat transfer. The airflow is two big slots, if it was little holes instead it would not be as loud. The other part about the airflow is, it is bottom airflow with holes and bottom airflow without holes. Side and bottom to me is more interesting, but it's just two sets of bottom. The base to the top of the deck is a bit far, kind of an odd decision design wise. It does not need as much airflow as it has, it could have been shorter. I don't love the flat head screws, I think they provide another type also, but I don't feel like digging the box out. The little airflows in the deck, it's peek or ultim or whatever, just give me metal. I don't love that it is possible to melt that part. It has held up great, and is working great so what do I know, again it is just a part I personally dislike. The reverse threaded top cap, not my thing, I don't like it.

All that said, and most of it is little stuff at the end of the day. I do feel like it is still good and still a relevant RDA. It just does not live up to the amount of hype it has gotten over the years.
#13 (permalink)      10/15/2021 1:23:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11936
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos18329
I am not technically inclined so I can't or don't look at an atomizer the same way that you do. I wont discount your opinion as it is yours so you might be right when stating its overpriced today and why you believe that is so.
The only other issue I have with it is that I find it sometimes fiddly to open/close the bottom air holes when refilling as they are so low to the base. I have small fingers but even then they can get in the way sometimes so it might be worse for a man with larger hands.

In any event, I do love the atomizer but I wont use bottom/side airflow outside of my home. There is no escaping a bit of juice escaping out the holes if it falls in my pocket on its side, which naturally does not happen with top airflow.
Mine is packed but I do use cellucotton rather than regular cotton which I believe might expand a bit more than my cellucotton does.

In short if I were a one atomizer only person, I could not use it as it would not work outside for me in the humidity.
Even this week here in Toronto was up to 75F with humidity. T-shirt weather so when going outside from central air to humidity, I will only use top airflow.

I probably would have loved the Steamcrave but in the end I grabbed these 2 Fatality 25s and didn't have room for a 3rd non top airflow atomizer.

I know that Watercool once loved the density of e-juice in the Moonshot and the Fatality25 is even thicker, I find but he is likely looking for a newer/latest product.
Marxism is hip fascism
#14 (permalink)      10/15/2021 1:43:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5394
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3884
If you keep waiting on the steam crave V3, maybe they will do one with just the dual coil deck for less money. It's worth the cost now with all three decks IMO, but the single coil and the mesh decks are wasted on me for the most part. You can do a big single coil with the single coil deck but it is just not as dense vape wise, and lacks the warmth. It cant compete with the short single coil RTA's that are out. The mesh deck, is a mesh deck, I still have not liked any mesh unless it was a subtank.

The fatality has also stayed on the desk this whole time, I did forget to mention that. It's not getting as much use but it's still up here and not retired to a drawer. Currently it's one of ten things, but it is here. This conversation got me to rewick it and put fresh juice in it. 105W, with a desert flavor very thick vapor, it's definitely a good RTA.
#15 (permalink)      10/15/2021 2:18:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11936
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos18329
Like many vapers, I suspect after a few years, I am on the downswing of purchasing products.

I reluctantly put away one Fatality 25 just now and one Oxva Arbiter. Two Zeus X finally bit the dust.
On top of that I seem to be going though a momentary period of vapers tongue.

I vaped 2 recipes for a long time but 1.5 years ago I developed an interest in various one shots but it seems I am struggling to finish the few of them.
That has put me back to still enjoying the 2 earlier ones, one recipe and one one shot, thereby creating less need for multiple atomizers.

Seems the past week I have only been using the two QP Juggerknot MR single coil atomizers, at about 23w

The Fatality 25 dual coil, unlike you at 105w I only used at 35w but I think I am tiring of such open DL and preferring a more restricted DL such as the single coil MR.

Hence, the Steamcrave as wonderful as i am sure I would have found it, just came of interest I think at the wrong time for me.

I am even sitting on a bunch of 27100 mods and find myself just reaching for either the Geekvape solo or the SX Mini MX class-both of which are just single 18650's

I might just put everything away and use only the 2 Juggerknot MR but if I do that, I will unlikely pick up the new Oxva and pick up one more MR.........but of course, next week it could be a completely different story. 😁
Marxism is hip fascism
#16 (permalink)      10/15/2021 2:51:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5394
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3884
I hear you, I got rid of a bunch of stuff, and swore off buying new gear, only to relapse a bit and buy some new gear. I had wanted a smaller RTA for awhile, and found a 17MM that I liked the look of the Kizoku Shima. I wanted another short single coil RTA, the eclipse looked great, picked that up, then I saw a to good to be true deal on a DL RTA the Kizoku Unlimit DL, the Shima was so well made I figured meh to hell with it 9.99 lets do it. Some place in the middle of all that I saw the Fat Rabbit for 24.99, I thought that is really low for a brand new on the market RTA, so I picked that up... Then saw another great deal on the dead rabbit R tank, and I kind of liked the idea of making your own subtank coils and maybe doing some vertical builds in it, so I grabbed that too.

Now I think I am done again. I have not seen anything else I am interested in. When it is good gear at a great price it's hard to pass up. Especially with the constant threat of looming regulations. Maybe that is part of the evil plan to get me to buy more gear, these so called regulations that never happen... Although they did finally pull a age check on me and not deliver my stuff to the house, so I have to try to pick it up, or get it redelivered.
#17 (permalink)      10/17/2021 3:18:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dub09
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1735
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos545
EternalSpline wrote:

Kizoku Unlimit DL

Anything that resembles this RTA in a 22mm form factor? Something that has a push/slide top cap to refill?

Smoking is Dead, Vaping is the Future, and the Future is Now... So I will ask a percentage of your sales for each device review I do.
#18 (permalink)      10/17/2021 10:37:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15317
  • Reviews 381
  • Kudos29306
The only new RTAs I've picked up lately were the TF GT4S which is a great one and the Kizoku Shima that haven't yet tried.

EternalSpine, great to hear that you liked it!
I bought the kit, never understood why it was only a couple of dollars more than the RTA itself but it includes the RBA deck too and the little mod is just great. Can't compare if it's the same quality of build and material as the RTA sold alone but after a first impression it looks and feels very nice!

(the reason maybe I haven't used it yet that in reality it's larger than 18mm (lol) so it didn't fit in where it was meant to & Pico baby or a little old Tesla mod, can't remember the name of it. The mod itself takes attys nicely, up to 19mm)
Should I laugh my ass out or rather scratch the wall ?? ...when reading Carrion's replies
#19 (permalink)      10/17/2021 2:10:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5394
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3884
+1 details
"Anything that resembles this RTA in a 22mm form factor? Something that has a push/slide top cap to refill?"

Not that I know of, but I would love it if there was. I have a few older mods that only look right with 22MM and it is always nice to find something for them. I don't know if I care if it is slide fill or not though, I don't know that I have had anything that was slide fill before.

cilika, I did not even know there was a combo deal until it was to late. I got the RTA at a site in the US, and they did not offer the mod. I really like the little RTA but I had kind of sworn off nic salts and now to use it and get any satisfaction I need them. Not sure what it is about nic salts but they make me feel anxious, and I hate it. Maybe a 12 MG regular nic 50/50 if I can find one would be good enough.

The little RTA is a bit small to build on, but it works great, I used 24 gauge wire I should have just used 26, I had to completely remove a screw to get it in the deck. It also takes coil heads, and they include one with the RTA.
#20 (permalink)      10/18/2021 8:50:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dub09
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 1735
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos545
Don't mind me, I found something that falls into what I'm looking for... Kylin V2 RTA
Smoking is Dead, Vaping is the Future, and the Future is Now... So I will ask a percentage of your sales for each device review I do.
#21 (permalink)      10/18/2021 9:11:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5394
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3884
Not a 22, but sliding top cap. I some how missed all the Kylin RTA's. I have heard all of them are good.