[dismiss] Holiday closure: from January 27th to February 7th, 2022. Shipping and support will resume on February 8th, 2022. (details)
FastTech wishes you and yours a safe and prosperous year of Tiger 🐱.
BP Mods Pioneer Insider Deluxe Kit
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/2/2021 4:45:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4195
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2554
$1.00 rebate earned+3 details
BP Mods Pioneer Insider Deluxe Kit

BP gets in on the highly popular Boro bridge market with this super complete kit. As long as you've got a boro compatible mod and a strip of muji, you are set! Airflow has a wide range, with 7 pins ranging from 1mm to 3.5mm, in .5mm increments. Small Claptons will fit up to 2.5mm, and a .35 Clapton and .7 round single wire coil are included.

Tons of cotton "weep" pads are included, and fit into the gasket underneath, which also has an extra included. In fact, everything is plentiful, silicone gaskets, O-rings, grubs and even a spare insulator....a very complete package for the money, with excellent machining and presentation to boot....

There may be no jfc, but this bridge does offer some innovation of sorts. The bridge is removable from the acrylic tank, and the included sleeve adapter allows the Pioneer to be fitted in a traditional, sliding glass Boro....very nice touch. This device also includes a front air slot for delros, etc. And has nice, tasteful laser engravings sprinkled around.

Flavor is great, much like you would expect from this style bridge. I find it easily equal to the best existing bridges, with my normal juice. Just coiled it today, but no leaks or problems....a far cry from my LinkD experience.

More later, vape on!

Edited on 10/2/2021 at 10:40 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#2 (permalink)      10/2/2021 4:47:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4195
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2554
+1 details
#3 (permalink)      10/2/2021 5:13:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4195
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2554
+1 details
One complaint: mine has machine oil taste on the deck. i neglected to clean it before coiling, and sure enough, I immediately got that familiar, oily chemical taste at exhale.

I immediately removed just the deck, pulled out the affected cotton, and rinsed the deck, coil and all, under the tap while scrubbing lightly with my faithful old toothbrush (for coils)

Immediately flavor was improved, mission accomplished! Save yourself the extra time and pre-rinse!
#4 (permalink)      10/3/2021 10:35:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2454
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2655
+2 details
carrion4worm wrote:
[quote]One complaint: mine has machine oil taste on the deck. i neglected to clean it before coiling, and sure enough, I immediately got that familiar, oily chemical taste at exhale.

I immediately removed just the deck, pulled out the affected cotton, and rinsed the deck, coil and all, under the tap while scrubbing lightly with my faithful old toothbrush (for coils)

Immediately flavor was improved, mission accomplished! Save yourself the extra time and pre-rinse![/quote

Gotcha, Bruh!...

ps did you ever get my friend's request? on fb
“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#5 (permalink)      10/4/2021 9:25:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
steamer861
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 104
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos102
How is it with the "Condensation" My Boro's all swet & make a mess of juice all inside my BB :( I'v basically stopped using it because of it :( I'v even tried the bottom plastic piece with the cotton circle, it helps a bit, but still a mess :(
I would be real interested in a Boro alternative that Didn't Swet/condensate!
#6 (permalink)      10/5/2021 9:27:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 452
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos423
+1 details
steamer861 wrote:

How is it with the "Condensation" My Boro's all swet & make a mess of juice all inside my BB :( I'v basically stopped using it because of it :( I'v even tried the bottom plastic piece with the cotton circle, it helps a bit, but still a mess :(
I would be real interested in a Boro alternative that Didn't Swet/condensate!

All enclosed Boro type devices will trap condensation, its unavoidable. If you live in a dry arid place it may not be so bad but I've given up on them as the average humidity is high where I live and I was getting frustrated with having to remove the tank after vaping a few ml and wipe away the excess condensation, which was causing connectivity problems and fluctuating ohm readings. This wasn't juice leaks - purely condensation caused by the tank heating and cooling.

The cotton pads will help reduce it, but you will have to replace the pads frequently.

#7 (permalink)      10/5/2021 2:13:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 386
  • Reviews 116
  • Kudos198
+4 details
I’m in the habit of putting a bit of wicking cotton or tissue paper (or a piece of paper napkin) at the bottom of the boro to contain the condensation ... it’s not always needed but when it is, it works well to prevent associated connectivity issues. Has to be replaced regularly like twice daily.
Does not affect airflow at all, in case you are wondering.
I’m pretty sure in-house experts will object to this piecemeal approach but it sure works for me.
#8 (permalink)      10/5/2021 2:22:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Troepfler
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 1781
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos927
High technology.
#9 (permalink)      10/9/2021 7:33:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4195
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2554
After 5 refills, condensation is low...but it exists. The cotton pad I installed on day 1 is still not saturated, as I've had no leaking problems at all with this bridge kit. the light moisture build-up was enough to tint the pad darker, but there is no real "wetness" to speak of...

This will probably ruffle some old timer feathers, but most severe moisture is leaking, not condensation. There is a difference between vape juice, and moisture from consensation. True condensation will be thin and more watery than pure, uncooked vape juice.

If your wicking is perfect for the chosen bridge, usually condensation only becomes a problem after several tanks of juice. If you immediately, half a tank in, have liquid coating your entire boro recess, you've got a leaky build, and it needs more cotton, or a seal is broken, not allowing the air to pressurize and hold in the juice.

ALWAYS store your filled boros upright for 10 mins or so, BEFORE installing...that way, leaks are pin-pointed before the boro is installed, avoiding the confusion of "which is which"...with a .65 or higher build, I've found I can vape for days with next to no condensation, as the low heat/ ample airflow mixture is perfect.

Edited on 10/11/2021 at 5:41 AM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      10/9/2021 10:16:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 452
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos423
A more obvious way of checking if its condensation or leaks is a taste test...
#11 (permalink)      10/10/2021 12:13:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 386
  • Reviews 116
  • Kudos198
There is à learning curve with boro tanks as such and a specific one associated with each new bridge.
Getting it right will be achieved over time, like with any rta.
I agree with C4w on the condensation vs leak distinguo and pads will not in my experience address leaks.