The Slide 21700 Boro Mod
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      9/20/2021 2:37:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+2 details
The Slide 21700 Boro Mod
#2 (permalink)      9/20/2021 10:11:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
blackhack
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 649
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos471
Pretty enough, but nothing really new except the panels....All depends on the price, and for a 3d printed mod I wouldn't be wanting to pay a lot for it.
Insert smart and witty comment here.....
#3 (permalink)      9/20/2021 10:14:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
njrmayo
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2020
  • Posts 180
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos82
Looks like its a BMM device
#4 (permalink)      9/20/2021 5:33:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moldy
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 1755
  • Reviews 182
  • Kudos1815
@djvillan, are there any bridges that you'd recommend for a tighter MTL? I haven't touched my device in maybe 4 or 5 years because I could never find a good MTL bridge back then. Seems like things have changed and there's lots of new bridges.
#5 (permalink)      9/20/2021 7:20:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+1 details
Moldy wrote:

@djvillan, are there any bridges that you'd recommend for a tighter MTL? I haven't touched my device in maybe 4 or 5 years because I could never find a good MTL bridge back then. Seems like things have changed and there's lots of new bridges.

I like the Qbix by Atmizoo but it's not available here. My next choices are the VapeSnail SKU 9725088 or the Mobb Mini SKU 9738223 but you'll have to buy the mtl pins separately SKU 9738224.

#6 (permalink)      9/21/2021 6:46:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 424
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos105
+1 details
I second the snail...
Saw a slide on FB the other day for $300... but I passed on it cause I thought they were mechs! ...and the color was, eh..
#7 (permalink)      9/30/2021 6:21:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 305
  • Reviews 101
  • Kudos175
300? for this? you gotta be kidding me... and the replacement panels are 50usd? or what?
It has dna so... $300 you say...the Hungarian in me would ask:
"mennyit engedsz a feléből?" or poorly translated: How much would you take off from the half of it?
damn... 300 for a dna chipset enclosed in a 3d printed shit, this makes me angry... or annoyed.

Edited on 9/30/2021 at 6:25 AM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      10/1/2021 6:23:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 424
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos105
You have to keep in mind boro mods and high end gear is a whole different animal to standard Chinese vape gear.. Its the usually watch analogy... You can get a watch for $5 , a decent one for 20-40... Or a Rolex for how ever many hundreds or thousands they can be... $300... Is actually really cheap.. Or at least considered a standard starting price in the boro mod realm.. If you wanted a Moab, an Ion, or a Borat.. Your paying at least $600.. Up to $900.. So, in perspective, $300 is much more doable.. Same with $50 panels... Its the limited availability that's a real bitch with boro types...! But you can get used authentic billets all day on FB for like $250.. But just a used Mission switch for it.., is $200-250...
The appeal of this Slide.. (Like the BMM mods) is the adjustable 510... All boro mods should have that.. Too many variables for connectivity otherwise... This things nice.. Rather have a Stash, Harpy, Harbor-R, Borat, Noct, or an Ion though... : )

Edited on 10/1/2021 at 6:29 AM. Reason:
#9 (permalink)      10/1/2021 7:16:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5777
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4135
RattyRat wrote:

300? for this? you gotta be kidding me... and the replacement panels are 50usd? or what? It has dna so... $300 you say...the Hungarian in me would ask:"mennyit engedsz a feléből?" or poorly translated: How much would you take off from the half of it?damn... 300 for a dna chipset enclosed in a 3d printed shit, this makes me angry... or annoyed.

I feel you, I don't get it. I am not angry or annoyed, but I don't see the point. It wouldn't work for me anyway because I am not into single coil and I like over 60W. I think the BB users love the tinkering aspect of it, and the exclusiveness. From a flavor standpoint there are so many RTA's and RDA's out there, I don't see how the BB bests all of them, except in price. A DNA 200W and a nice RTA and you will spend allot less, maybe even half. The compact size of the BB is a plus I guess, and you do get to use things you can't use without one, so that is kind of cool. I don't see how it could be superior in the aspects that are important to me, but for the people that love them, the limits they go to for them and the prices they are willing to pay maybe they know something I don't, and I am open to that. The buttons and door panels being so appealing makes me think it's allot to do with fashion though. That is fine too, to each there own. That does not make it a better vape though, just a stylish one, BMW's are about performance, this seems more like a designer purse.

#10 (permalink)      10/1/2021 8:38:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4712
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2838
The needless overcharging in the 3d printed/nylon world is slowly becoming a serious barrier for modders. Now that anyone with CAD/drafting experience (or the hundreds of "open source" files already available) can commission their own designs online, prices should come down. Modders who do not will see slumping pre-orders, which is how many of these small modders pay for printing.

They are dropping like flies, and I, for one, am happy. Too many "me too" products that only serve the modder and a few die-hards...there are still plenty of good modders out there...Sunbox is still the king when it comes to quality nylon printing, assembly, and fair pricing.

A DNA costs roughly 75.00. A printed shell costs roughly 50-65.00, but get cheaper with bulk orders. A 200.00 mod leaves profit and a happier consumer, who might continue purchasing quality gear, IF it's not blatantly overpriced. Many of these modders need another job, but instead they abuse the hardcore collectors. which is like "eating your own young". Props to the smarter modders, and consumers, for seeing the difference.
What does he mean when he says words?