please FT bring this MOD
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      8/21/2021 2:21:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hiko9
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5687
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos5469
+2 details
I vape this setup because cotton wicks and VG make my throat swell up, feels tight, weird. not good.

PG and silica are okay

I think the vapourisation temp of PG is less than that of VG, PG does not give thick clouds, so i don't get the kind of thick, almost chewy vape i used to get at 16-18w with 40% VG. 100PG isn't common so it is kind of hard to compare.

It vapes because the wire gets up to temperature, it's just a small coil and wick so the vapour amount is commensurate with that. The aerodynamics of a well designed, TINY atomisation chamber increases "effective cloud"

Explaining the best i can. Cloud chaser rig it's not. But it vapes well enough.
Green Screwdriver for LIFE
#32 (permalink)      8/21/2021 5:58:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4721
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2847
Hiko9 wrote:

I vape this setup because cotton wicks and VG make my throat swell up, feels tight, weird. not good.

PG and silica are okay

I think the vapourisation temp of PG is less than that of VG, PG does not give thick clouds, so i don't get the kind of thick, almost chewy vape i used to get at 16-18w with 40% VG. 100PG isn't common so it is kind of hard to compare.

It vapes because the wire gets up to temperature, it's just a small coil and wick so the vapour amount is commensurate with that. The aerodynamics of a well designed, TINY atomisation chamber increases "effective cloud"

Explaining the best i can. Cloud chaser rig it's not. But it vapes well enough.


Oh no, you describe it perfectly, I have never heard of this before(the whole sub 2 volts thing) especially with a common resistance on a mosfet/regulated mod...just different!

Thanks for sharing, very interesting. I just don't think most of the vaping world wants to use mods that run on 2 AA batteries after using 18650s...but the whole original reason for your post, to disagree about battery life is moot. Simply because its not a normal atty, coil, mod, or wick, for that matter! Still. glad you found something that works for you, with your specific needs. Ingenuity is king, and i'd love to see one of these IRL...i just looked up the BatPack...not for me, but interesting....


Edited on 8/21/2021 at 8:07 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#33 (permalink)      8/22/2021 8:12:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
dwcraig1
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 375
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos241
Nevermind





Edited on 8/22/2021 at 8:15 AM. Reason:
#34 (permalink)      8/22/2021 2:56:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4721
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2847
cilika wrote:

Auch, I was a bit too slow... =D And that's when captchas and others keep you back too. Ok happy to see that everything went well lol(meaning here idiotic GIF's using as well)



perfect example. Lots of language here that I don't "get"

It's fine for you (and many others) to slag me...which you did first, unwarranted, because you didn't understand what I meant, or you just wanted to go on a rant about 18350 mods. Whatever....

Truce? i'm okay with it. But don't ever think you can talk shit and won't get some back. If you can't remember, go back and read, and yes I agree DJ's posting of giant photos hides relevant posts and info, but he gives zero shits, because he's a man-child.


Edited on 8/22/2021 at 3:22 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#35 (permalink)      8/22/2021 7:03:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15872
  • Reviews 382
  • Kudos29697
+3 details
Let me see again.

If someone is telling you that there are people out there who can get through a day with 1200 mAh with a suitable build, and you take it
as a rant, slag, whatever, a provocation to your person, etc. etc.
it's purely your problem.

I start thinking that you are a
pain
in
the
ass.

Hopefully, that was clear, in spite of my bad inglissh.

Edited on 8/23/2021 at 8:34 AM. Reason:
#36 (permalink)      8/22/2021 10:33:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
djvillan
Verified
+2 details
cilika wrote:

Let me see again.

If someone is telling you that there are people out there who can get through a day with 1200 mAh with a suitable build,
is a rant, slag, whatever, a provocation to your person, etc. etc.
it's purely your problem.

I start thinking that you are a
pain
in
the
ass.

Hopefully, that was clear, in spite of my bad inglissh.

#37 (permalink)      8/23/2021 4:04:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2649
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2116
+1 details
Hiko9 wrote:

I vape this setup because cotton wicks and VG make my throat swell up, feels tight, weird. not good.

PG and silica are okay


Dimitris Agrafiotis (Vapin Greek) experienced this a few years ago. Apparently it was the cotton (rather than VG) that was causing it.

So although not very common, you're not alone in your experiences.

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#38 (permalink)      8/23/2021 7:28:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4721
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2847
cilika wrote:

Let me see again. If someone is telling you that there are people out there who can get through a day with 1200 mAh with a suitable build, and you take itas a rant, slag, whatever, a provocation to your person, etc. etc.it's purely your problem. I start thinking that you are a painintheass.Hopefully, that was clear, in spite of my bad inglissh.


If that's what you interpret from our exchange, indeed your English isn't there yet. Not at all!

You quoted my post, it was one sentence, and you went into a long winded response that had only a little to do with my one sentence.

And, "pain in the ass"? isn't that everybody at some time or another?

Especially the time when they get what they gave...like now.

i think the main thing you don't get is this: Opinions are opinions. There is no right, or wrong. they have NOTHING to do with facts, which cannot be disputed. These two things get mixed up quite a bit.


Are 18350s poor batteries? YES. that's a fact. We often pine for a newly designed 18350 with better specs....on this website. They won't last all day, except in the most extreme vaping circumstances - either a super high build,and/or not vaping as frequently.

I'd bet, 9.5 times out of ten, that vapers change to at least an 18650 mod when going out for a few hours...which is all my post (one sentence) said. If you feel the need to argue that, you are unnecessarily biased, though I doubt you design or make 18350 cells yourself...so what's the problem?

What does he mean when he says words?
#39 (permalink)      8/24/2021 3:27:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15872
  • Reviews 382
  • Kudos29697
+1 details

If that's what you interpret from our exchange


Rather I made my point.

You quoted my post, it was one sentence, and you went into a long winded response that had only a little to do with my one sentence.


I think it's you who should read again my post...

i think the main thing you don't get is this: Opinions are opinions. There is no right, or wrong. they have NOTHING to do with facts, which cannot be disputed. These two things get mixed up quite a bit.


Funnily, after, that sometimes the whole forum is echoing of your voice "I'm right! I'm right! Me! Me! My statements are the only that stand! I'm right!!" (even in pretty much subjective things) it's you who wish to give this lesson to others... lol!

Are 18350s poor batteries? YES. that's a fact.


Uhmm... what did you say just above about facts v.s opinions?
But I'll try to fix it for you:
"Are 18350's poor batteries?" Yes, definitely for your vaping habits.
Do 18650 batteries hold longer and allow a larger range of builds? Yes. Now, that we could consider as a fact, yes.

Then, you come with the question of majority/ minority. (9.5 out of 10)
Which I never meant to refer to! (again, just read again my post. lol)

Could be though 9.5 out of 10. Or 7 out of 10. Maybe not around you or not on this forum, but the world is wider than you'd think. Anyway, it could mean 50 out of 1000. Or 300 out of 1000! (who knows?) those who can get along with little mAh's. Well, minorities are still existing...

So, I didn't wish to discuss that there (you brought it into the pile). Simply, because it's not relevant here. As much as if we'd discuss here tooth washing or food or whatever habits. =)


Ohh and if you don't get any of what I was trying to communicate you, feel free to blame my english! =D


Ps. However, I think with your previous signature sadly, you've just managed to lower yourself to the level of your much preferred mates (those whom you so much love to confront with), of well xD

#40 (permalink)      8/24/2021 5:28:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4721
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2847
As long as we understand each other, doll....you still have the cutest little set-ups, and nobody (even me) can take that from you.

I ran that "sig" just long enough for you to get the joke. Then I changed it, out of respect. If you compare me to people like DJ or Still.me/Richy, then you aren't paying enough attention.

I write reviews, I buy lots of vape gear. I have opinions, and I share them. You don't have to agree. Doesn't mean I'm going to change my mind. I give MY opinion, no one else's. Others like to let me do all the work, so they can swoop in and pick over every little thing, trying to start an argument. When that happens here, is it my fault?

Facts cannot be disputed. 18350s are poor cells. You can disagree, but you will not be correct unless you give evidence that they have improved. I just wanted to restate what started all this! (1200 mah? i've only seen 10A/1100mah, so again, don't argue, teach me!)

Edited on 8/24/2021 at 5:35 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#41 (permalink)      8/24/2021 5:46:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
djvillan
Verified
+3 details
carrion4worm wrote:

I write reviews, I buy lots of vape gear. I have opinions, and I share them. You don't have to agree. Doesn't mean I'm going to change my mind. I give MY opinion, no one else's. Others like to let me do all the work, so they can swoop in and pick over every little thing, trying to start an argument.