Reccomend me some sbs box mod
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#91 (permalink)      11/9/2021 11:25:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Brianstech
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 84
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos80
+1 details
Carrion4worm, yes I thumb fire mine in my left hand with the tank on the far side. Works well, but you can really tell what it was designed for when you try it in the right hand. Feels so natural.

I never had any desire to venture into billet boxes, especially being somewhat new to the whole vaping thing. Most I've looked at start around $100, then there's all of those expensive add-ons.. Bridges and boros, it's like a whole different language. Then they look like the potential for leaks is way up there.

No, I'm very happy with my simple mods and RTA's. Many of mine are side-by-sides, then a bunch of what I call "offsets" that have the tank next to the battery cap like Picos. Technically, they probably qualify as SBS. I also have a few I call "stacked" because the tank is stacked on top of the battery.

My Smok Scar Mini and Aegis Solo are waterproof, which makes them great for use in the Jacuzzi.

I like mods that run around $30 to $50, but a couple cost me $60. Then for RTA's I like the $10 to $20 range, even though I've spent over $30 a few times. You can call me cheap, but at least I'm happy.

Aaaaandd, that's why I bought the Moonraker. $35 to go with a $5 RTA, now that's what I like! Hopefully I can fix the dead short in that tank soon.
#92 (permalink)      11/9/2021 3:12:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4712
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2838
good job! You know, if you posted a pic of that rta deck, I bet some eagle-eyed user could help with diagnosis....I'm not familiar with the model, at least by name.

i can't really recommend Billets to you, just from our brief conversation...they are great, and I love them, but not in a "simple and breezy" way at all, lol....they, IMO, are the king of the hill when it comes to troubleshooting and problem solving, though there are a few almost "sure things" out there, depending on who you talk to...

...and of course, styles and tastes vary...more important to get a satisfying vape!
What does he mean when he says words?
#93 (permalink)      11/9/2021 3:52:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Brianstech
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 84
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos80
The Vapemaster Aurora might have only cost five dollars because of design flaws. The last time I looked at it everything seemed fine, I checked and found no cross-continuity with a meter, but then after adding a coil and cotton the short reappeared. I remember pulling the 510 to find a little O-ring ripped up. Now I'm waiting for some smaller O-rings from FastTech since I'm not sure where my metric assortment kit is.

I couldn't figure out how to pull the positive block out of the deck so I just loosely screwed it all back together until I can take my time with it in a vise. I believe some parts have to be pressed or driven out. Honestly, it's just a cheap RTA, I'm not too worried about whether I can fix it or not. If it weren't for the Moonraker I wouldn't have a use for it since it's extremely tall.

I currently have 7 good RTA's without mods to put them on.. Oh wait, make that 6 because I have a pre-ordered Wismec Reuleaux RX G bouncing around in China somewhere. Hopefully it'll make it here in the US soon.
#94 (permalink)      11/9/2021 4:52:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5780
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4136
"I like mods that run around $30 to $50, but a couple cost me $60. Then for RTA's I like the $10 to $20 range, even though I've spent over $30 a few times. You can call me cheap, but at least I'm happy."

98% of people here, myself included will not fault you for being a card carrying member of team cheap mod. I have mods that I have spent almost nothing on that get way more use then any expensive mods I own.

RTA's though, I usually spend the money on them. Some of the ones I like just will never be on enough of a sale to wait on that. It totally all depends on what you like, if I could get the RTA's I like for less I would.

I just never liked the idea of spending more on vaping then I did on smoking, something about that just bugged me.

Vapemaster Aurora, looks like it is actually one of wotofo's early serpent RTA's. It was not a bad RTA in it's time at all, and even now, not bad. Glad you are enjoying it.
#95 (permalink)      11/9/2021 6:05:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Brianstech
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 84
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos80
+1 details
EternalSpline, my Rta's are basically the cheap part of buying equipment. Mostly clones; numerous KF Lites, Dvarws, Gatas, Taifuns, and Doggys. All of these cost from about $9 to $15, and put out amazingly good flavor. Of course adding things like top-fill kits will increase the cost, but not by much.

My SXK Lord was about $10, and I saw the original online for around $220. Yikes! Even if I wanted to throw that kind of money down for originals I couldn't because they are always sold out.

The originals I own aren't too expensive, like a Scylla for $20, Ares 2 for $30, and Fresia for $32.

With all this discussion over the Vapemaster Aurora I'm really feeling the need to tear back into it. It's very different, but I like it a lot.. Especially when it works.

The reason I put off venturing into vaping for a few years is because everyone told me it's slightly more expensive than my RYO cigarettes.. I was paying about 50 cents a pack. Well, one day about 20 months ago I decided to take the jump anyway. Within a few months my 2 pod mods died, leaving me frustrated while I went back to cigarettes for a day. That was it, I needed reliable hardware and more than one or 2 devices for backup.

Expense? I believe I'm somewhere upward of $3000 invested in hardware and liquids. Instead of a cheap alternative to smoking I turned it into a hobby, albeit a very rewarding one.. And a lot healthier one. Right now I have a choice of at least 80-100 flavors, mostly salts, and I'll be ordering more soon.

A big part of my obsession is based on the possibility of an outright total ban on vaping. Here in the US the tobacco companies are losing massive profits, not to mention the states losing millions promised to them from big tobacco based on cigarette sales. It's an agreement to offset the damages of smoking, set in place around 2000, before vaping became so popular.

Big business is government, therefore laws are written to serve business, not the people.
#96 (permalink)      11/9/2021 10:36:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Brianstech
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 84
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos80
Okay, please let me apologize for veering FAR from the subject of side-by-side mods, but I have Bigfoot! Or a unicorn, or mermaid, or alien, or whatever.

The Vape Master Aurora is so rare the only information that exists on the internet includes a few pictures and a 'sold out' page from the very place I bought it from. There's one review, MINE! From over a year ago.

Wow, I was hoping others might have discussed the dead short issue I have, but this thing is a complete ghost.

I just took another look at it, and once again my multimeter showed no continuity between the positive 510 and the body of the deck, but installing the 30ga 1.5 ohm SS coil gave it a complete dead short circuit. My coil tester/builder device once again confirmed it. The real problem I have is that it doesn't seem to have a way to break it down completely. Pliers and a vise are only scarring it up.

I have almost 50 years of experience in simple electronics, then over 2 decades in extreme tool & die with high-tolerance machining, and I'm completely dumbfounded.

It feels like I'm the only person in the world who spent the $5 on this RTA, and it's haunted!!

I think the packaging alone was worth $5.

Edited on 11/9/2021 at 11:21 PM. Reason:
#97 (permalink)      11/10/2021 6:28:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5780
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4136
Vapemaster Aurora, looks like it is actually one of wotofo's early serpent RTA. If you do a google image search for wotofo serpent RTA, and keep scrolling down you will find it. It's rebranded or clone version of pretty much the same thing.

Wash it out very well maybe there is a lose piece of metal in it. Other then that, not really sure where your short is coming from. Also tighten the 510 pin if it is loose, and has a screw head.

It was not made to be broken down if I remember correctly, it was a bit odd in that regard.

"A big part of my obsession is based on the possibility of an outright total ban on vaping. Here in the US"

Yeah I am also a US vapor, I know all about it. Funny enough this is not the first time the sky has been falling. It's like every six months or so it is DOOM AND GLOOM, lol. It always turns out. Join CASSA and follow there calls to action. Not sure what state your in, I am in Florida and it's hard to mess with us to much on vaping.

If you go to Grimgreen's youtube page and go through all the old videos you can see all the times it's been the end! He does allot of vape news, and all of that.

"I have a choice of at least 80-100 flavors, mostly salts,"

I know your new-ish so sorry if this is not the first time you have heard this, but keep the ones you aren't using in a cold dark place like the fridge. It will keep them fresh for longer. No since having 100 eliquids when 50 of them go bad. Unfortunately as far as stocking up goes it's harder right now to get nicotine base than it was just a few months ago. It's I guess not a priority for them to do a PMTA on there base liquids.
Prior to now one of the ways to "stock up" was just to buy a few liters of liquid nicotine and do DIY.

They will just end up making this a black market, it's all very stupid.
#98 (permalink)      11/10/2021 10:37:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Brianstech
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 84
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos80
EternalSpline, you sure nailed that one. Not sure if Vape Master copied the Serpent, or if Wotofo copied the Aurora. I suspect the Aurora is probably a clone or rebranded Wotofo. Regardless, they are virtualy identical. The Wotofo Serpent has over 300 reviews on one website from around 2016, and most people love it.

I'll tear back into that crazy thing again someday, and start from scratch.

You are right about the fear-mongering in the vape industry since way before I started.. But it wasn't long ago I used paypal for purchases, then always had everything shipped by mail. That's all gone now, and with it went a few smaller US websites I liked ordering from. Things are a lot worse now than they were just a year ago.

And it's funny how you said exactly what I've been telling people.. Black market. How many people have enjoyed getting high from marijuana for the last 50 years or more? That was all black market for over a half-century, but now you can buy it in gas stations in some states.. While for some reason they're making it much more difficult to acquire the best, and most healthy smoking alternative. I smoked for half of a century, and didn't even want to quit, but I tried vaping and dropped cigarettes like a turd without looking back. They're banning this? Such extreme stupidity will be rewarded with a big loss of revenue while people quietly work around it. Healthier, happier people.

Yeah, I should consider a more long-term storage for all of my e-liquid. And I've looked into concentrated liquid nicotine salts, maybe I should go ahead and try to get some.

The good news is it appears my flashy new Wismec Reuleaux RX G might have made it into the US. I can't wait.

Edited on 11/10/2021 at 10:55 AM. Reason:
#99 (permalink)      11/10/2021 11:08:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5780
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4136
Vape Master copied the Serpent Or they somehow bought some unbranded ones and branded them. I don't know, I try not to be one of the people here that pretends they know all the goings on of overseas companies. The serpent I owned though and know which one came first, so to me that is what seems logical.

"That's all gone now, and with it went a few smaller US websites I liked ordering from. Things are a lot worse now than they were just a year ago."

Oh yeah 100% it is worse. All I am saying is from the day I started vaping (2014-ish) it has been regular doom and gloom coming situations. I don't care to live in that. I am stocked up, I can vape for a few years with no new purchases. I am a member of CASSA though and do the calls to action and try to help the industry.

"They're banning this? Such extreme stupidity will be rewarded with a big loss of revenue while people quietly work around it. Healthier, happier people."

That's a fact, there are already some.

I think of it this way too, the US does not have the power to keep fucking Fentanyl out of the country, but they are going to stop all shipments of vape products? Put your resources on the real issues. It's dumb, and China is shipping like they could care less, and via USPS, so we are just basically putting a stop to these awful tax paying American citizens making money on this industry? Great plan!

"The good news is it appears my flashy new Wismec Reuleaux RX G might have made it into the US. I can't wait."

That's great, hope you enjoy it. My last shipment from China was supposed to be one thing, and instead they sent me eliquid, so I got free eliquid and now I wait again for the RTA. Would have been great had it not been menthol weird salt nic flavors. But my end days of vaping stash got a little bigger.
#100 (permalink)      11/10/2021 7:34:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Brianstech
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 84
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos80
Well, I spoke too soon. The Wismec hasn't quite made it off of Chinese soil yet.. But my shipment of more O-rings and replacement tanks from FT just arrived. Yipee.

Thankfully, I've had good luck with all of my orders from China. Never got a wrong or missing item yet. The waiting times can get frustrating, but always worth it in the end.

I pity anyone who succumbs to the constant fear propaganda that's thrown in our faces daily. Life is short regardless, but it will only get even shorter for those who live in such fear. Not me, life always goes on, and so will vaping one way or another. Now, it certainly doesn't hurt to be prepared.

Wow, that B'adapt with a Doggystyle and Peanut Butter salt keeps knocking my socks off every time I hit on it.. I'm trying to conserve it since I'm almost out. Gotta put in another FT order again real soon.

Edited on 11/10/2021 at 7:39 PM. Reason: