Lost Vape Scutum DNA100C Mod
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools


Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      6/17/2021 10:09:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
djvillan
Member
+1 details


#22 (permalink)      6/17/2021 10:27:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
analogueman
Member
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2423
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1918
+3 details
djvillan wrote:

Photos


I'd prefer to see these tested by Mooch first before buying into what's printed on the wraps tbh.

[EDIT] I see Mooch has already tested the gold G50, and that came out at 9.8 amps continuous (somewhat different to the spec on the wrap). Would be interesting to see results for that P50 too.


Edited on 6/17/2021 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Additional...
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#23 (permalink)      6/17/2021 11:19:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
xandwhyisY
Member
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 588
  • Reviews 125
  • Kudos514
+3 details
Thanks DJ! I knew you'd come through for me.

On a side note, when is the last time you slept?
#24 (permalink)      6/17/2021 12:32:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3887
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2395
+1 details
xandwhyisY wrote:

Thanks DJ! I knew you'd come through for me.

On a side note, when is the last time you slept?


Hey, I wouldn't bring it up if it wasn't true, lol, though these are better!. I use the Molicell m50a), which has been thoroughly tested and is the preferred cell for the 100c chip at this time. Much like the 30q (18650), it has a very conservative 15 amp listing, though it's more in line with 21 or 22 amps, and pulses extremely cool. Very low internal resistance, and the best thing is...

There are more great 21700s coming...

Edit: kinda quoted the wrong post, but here it is: Molicell m50a , not to be confused with LG M50. Speaking of 30qs, I've used them almost exclusively in regulated mods for 6 years, the Molicell are only a year old, but in that year they've proven to be my favorite, longest lasting cell in its class now. Usually in between .15 and .2., never any issue.

But only in regulated mods,there are much higher amp choices available if you go the mech route.


Edited on 6/17/2021 at 11:35 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#25 (permalink)      6/17/2021 6:03:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TEMP-HMFRNTRX
Member
  • JoinedDec 2019
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos4
a LV rep riled me the Scutum was
#26 (permalink)      6/17/2021 6:06:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TEMP-HMFRNTRX
Member
  • JoinedDec 2019
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos4
+1 details
going for $160...sorry, hit my enter button too soon. Im gonna bite on it. I missed out on Ginger vales 109C and this its gonna have to make up for it now. I Sony know what LVs marketing team was thinking about when they came out with this name
#27 (permalink)      6/17/2021 11:30:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
carrion4worm
Member
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 3887
  • Reviews 281
  • Kudos2395
Crispycritters wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:
An Evolv chip, sans features becomes the same as the 2000 generic wattage and TC chips that are already available. Don't really see Evolv entering that market...Just let it be....Evolv isn't new, if you've made it this long without one, OF COURSE you don't need one....If I only bought Chinese, or low cost mods, I probably would feel the same way, but I'm not stuffing an Ijoy chip into an Italian squonker, ya know.There tons of different chips for everybody, but there's only one Evolv, regardless of how anyone feels about their extra cost. They have put tons of research into vaping, that has trickled into every aspect of vaping. They were, and are, the groundbreakers, the engineers, and the science behind vaping....That alone should demand respect, especially if you are a long time vaper, who has watched their growth.Just noting this because any Evolv related thread seems to be dominated my non adopters that may not know the history and importance of it. (Temp,replay,voltage,wattage modes)

You're missing the point.

Evolv could easily expand their customer base by releasing a utility chip made from quality components that give a long service life. Nobody denies the history of Evolv or their contribution - but the percentage of vapers who actually care about, or use the features is very small.

There are plenty of vapers who would happily pay extra for quality, but a host of features that they will never use are just clutter. It makes sense to me to release quality stripped out 'utility' boards - why bother buying a $50 mod with a board made from budget components with a 6 month average life expectancy if and extra $25 on the list price buys decent components that will last years rather than months?

I believe the main stumbling block would be the DNA fanboys whose elitist blinkers would cause them to view such a move as 'cheapening the brand', instead of future proofing Evolv by expanding their customer base, and increasing profitability.


I get you, just dont see it happening, but maybe not for the reason you think. I don't see them being able to make a chip that would be affordable enough to interest you --- unless they went to China exclusively.

Dont forget, the fanboys would have already been mad when the DNA Go was released -- I just think with Evolv's never ending customer service and repairs, and with the ability have your "wish list" of features, fonts, colors, layouts, info, etc....that a $75.00 chip isn't that much of a stretch, When you think about all the wasted money on Chinese chips that WE ALL have spent, lol!


Edited on 6/17/2021 at 11:37 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#28 (permalink)      6/18/2021 12:02:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
tonypp
Member
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2696
  • Reviews 219
  • Kudos1743
+1 details
Ahhh the scrotum
#29 (permalink)      6/18/2021 7:42:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
xandwhyisY
Member
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 588
  • Reviews 125
  • Kudos514
tonypp wrote:

Ahhh the scrotum



You say that with such a sense of wonder and awe that is rarely reserved for scrotum, and in so few words!
Kudos to you!

#30 (permalink)      6/18/2021 7:46:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
YouCanHandleTheTruth
Member
  • JoinedMar 2021
  • Posts 46
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos42
Scutum or Scrotum?

"Hi, peeps, my new mod, Lost Vape Scrotum, is here.
Got any balls to buy it?"

Edited on 6/18/2021 at 7:49 AM. Reason:
#31 (permalink)      6/18/2021 7:53:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
djvillan
Member
+1 details
xandwhyisY wrote:

Thanks DJ! I knew you'd come through for me.

On a side note, when is the last time you slept?

Last night. :)