I Can't choose between the countless different TF & KF clones
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/24/2021 11:17:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 305
  • Reviews 101
  • Kudos175
I Can't choose between the countless different TF & KF clones
Hello,
So here are these two "legendary" atties that I never had the chance to try. There are a ton of versions out there and there a ton of different clones (for each versions)...
I now my favourite RTA is a Dvarw V2 clone, with the 1mm insert, so i like tight MTL vaping, that info should narrow the list of the different versions. Also I am a simple guy so most of the time i use 26ga A1 kanthal round wire. 6-8 wraps, 2,5mm inner diameter so small build deck was never a problem for me. (used to rebuild gs-h2 clearomizer coils when I started vaping lol, but back then i had more patience too :) )

Nuff said, to the point! would you reccomend me some affordable TF and KF clones I should try please?

I now looking at these (sold here):

YFTK TF GTR Styled RTA SKU 9699726

ST TF GTR Styled RTA SKU 9719374(cuz it's cheap af)

(can you use the GT4 as "proper" MTL? doesn't looks like it can be use with really tight draw so I have no gt4 on my wishlist)

KF Lite Plus 2021 Styled RTA SKU 9736888 (it's got 2021 in its name so it should be better than the 2019 or older right? and for 11.50USD? but is it worth it or is it garbage? or SKU 9735545 other 2021 but for a little more money.

KF Prime Styled RTA SKU 9436900 (first when sorted by popularity)

KF Prime Nite DLC Styled RTA SKU 9689837 (or SKU 9690050 because its a bit cheaper)

So these clones are on my wish list and some others too I wont list most of em are unknown cloner or dirt cheap ST clones because I would love to pay less than 20 bucks for a clone... Could you please help me narrow my list down? Feel free to reccomend ther versions that i may missed, I only searched "kf rta" and "tf rta" and I am certain that there are some versions of these two that are listed here without a mention that they are a kf/tf

Thank you very much in advance!

EDIT: $20 is not a price range, I pay more if it is really 1/1 with exceptional build quality. I just like to pay less... because then I could afford it earlier :)

Edited on 5/24/2021 at 11:56 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      5/24/2021 11:39:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
+2 details
I will add some help for the Taifun, which is to get the YFTK version and Do not get the Steamtribe version. I don't have the Steamtribe, but I do have a black YFTK. If you want an accurate reproduction of the real thing, so you can "feel" high end, get the YFTK. If you just kinda like the looks, but don't care about accurate measurements and interchangeable parts, Steamtribe is USUALLY okay, never mind-blowing, but a solid "look-alike". Many people want to try "legendary" atties, but if you want the real experience, you need a 1 to 1 clone, which Steamtribe rarely does.

EDIT: On the GTR, it appears you have missed a great option that is one to one, but lower cost than YFTK, while being much better than Steamtribe. They are in the 15-16.00 range, so within your range under a twenty. They are unbranded, but without checking now (im at work), i'll guess they are Wejoy clones, and should be great...check for reviews.
i searched "gtr rta" and all the tanks and accessories fit on a page. nice selection. SKU 9704120

Edited on 5/24/2021 at 12:30 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#3 (permalink)      5/24/2021 11:51:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+2 details
ST clones can be hit and miss. You get some good ones and some bad ones. So if you don't want to gamble I'd always go for Ulton if it's available here as my first choice of clones.

SKU 9699726 would be a better choice and SKU 9719374 is discontinued

You can't do mtl on a GT4. Maybe consider the GT4 S SKU 9725284

SKU 9736888 is 22mm while SKU 9735545 is 24mm. SKU 9736888 is worth it but again some come with a bad MTL Pro pin so you either have to gamble or pick up a spare MTL Pro pin just in case SKU 9735735

Can't help you with the Primes as I don't have any of them.
#4 (permalink)      5/24/2021 12:00:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 696
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos609
I can't give recommendations regarding which atty to look at as I'm not much of an MTL vaper, but -

I'd be pretty confident of getting a decent quality clone if I bought Ulton, YFTK or SXK.

If you like gambling then ST all the way, you may get something reasonable - or an anchor for a tiny boat.
#5 (permalink)      5/24/2021 12:19:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 305
  • Reviews 101
  • Kudos175
Thanks all the replies!
So the I almost exclusively used single bottom air hole but the gt4 s looks so in... how can i say, looks so inviting. But will it perform well enough with really right draw, and with a smaller coil?
Also off topic, so ST is hit or miss, Ulton, yftk and sxk are usually good, what about coppervape?
#6 (permalink)      5/24/2021 1:01:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+1 details
If you want a really tight mtl draw with a small coil from the GT4 S you have to close off all three airflow holes.

Coppervape's hit and miss for me.
#7 (permalink)      5/24/2021 1:26:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3989
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7921
+1 details
I'd definitely get the YTFK GTR it will give you that really tight MTL you are looking for. I use mine with only half of the smallest air hole open. It's as tight as a ducks arse. Fantastic atty, worth the extra money over any of the cheap versions.
In my opinion the GT4S is not for MTL. Even closed right down mine just doesn't feel right. It's a great atty for DTL. One of the best and straight forward rta's I've ever owned.
I've only got these two rta's in the last few months but wish I'd gotten them sooner.
Only giving my opinion here as, like you, I love really tight MTL and have never found anything as good as that GTR. The most pleasant drip tip I've ever used as well! 👍
#8 (permalink)      5/24/2021 1:51:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 305
  • Reviews 101
  • Kudos175
+1 details
So YFTK TF GTR it is than! Thanks!
What about the KF clones?
Is the Lite/Lite Plus or the Prime/Prime Nite DLC or any else cuz there is even more versions... The lite looks good, but the prime sold better here on FT
So what is your experience with them if have any?

Edited on 5/24/2021 at 4:03 PM. Reason:
#9 (permalink)      5/24/2021 2:29:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 202
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos188
IMO, the KF Prime is a must for the gear collection if one enjoys a great MTL vape. I have an authentic and a couple of SXK Primes, and must say that the SXK is a damn good copy in comparison. Functions and vapes just as well as my original.

I have a metric crap-ton of MTL RTA's in my collection, and most always have a KF Prime ready-to-go on a device in front of me....
"We've taken care of everything, The words you read, The songs you sing, The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes"....(Priests of Syrinx, 2112 AD)
#10 (permalink)      5/24/2021 3:51:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
steamer861
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 111
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos103
+1 details
RattyRat wrote:
So YFTK TF GTR it is than! Thanks!
What about the KF clones? (except Dj)
Is the Lite/Lite Plus or the Prime/Prime Nite DLC or any else cuz there is even more versions... The lite looks good, but the prime sold better here on FT
So what is your experience with them if have any?

Good Choice! It's my favourite MTL Atty :) IDK if they have it here? But there is a glass kit for the YFTK model, A must have IMO

#11 (permalink)      5/25/2021 2:28:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
+3 details
yes, GT4 of any outer diameter is not gonna give you mtl, maybe if you could find a replacement pole for the deck, if they are available...

Funny thing that most don't know/never noticed...is that the GT4 and GT4 S have the same deck size despite the difference in outer diameter....kinda makes you wonder how they validate charging 250.00 for the same deck for 5 years, lol....though it is damn good!
What does he mean when he says words?