Need MTL RDA Recommendations
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      5/7/2021 10:48:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 521
  • Reviews 124
  • Kudos264
I know what you mean : « best of all times » is usually followed by a long list of other best, and it changes with every new season.

Edited on 5/7/2021 at 11:04 AM. Reason:
#22 (permalink)      5/7/2021 3:23:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2311
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2029
carrion4worm wrote:

The Narca isn't my preferred atty, but is generally considered the "best"(there's that word again)MTL rda of all time, voted on by writers, insiders, and owners...and you know what? I'm not gonna argue that, it's a pretty legendary atty that broke a lot of ground.

Not by anybody who actually vapes MTL. No, not even by people who habitually vape loose MTL. 2 by 2mm is as tight as it can go and still perform (as in not get harsh due to lack of airflow). For anybody who usually vapes DL/loose RDL, it may seem MTL-ish, but to anybody who likes MTL or even a tighter RDL, it doesn't come close to qualifying. It's just not MTL at all. (Nor is the Hadaly.)

#23 (permalink)      5/7/2021 5:31:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4842
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2896
Esselar, It's okay...we get it, you like it tight! That doesn't mean you get to own the terminology. The Narca was the first I remember to have "channeled airflow", and cuts down nicely, to about halfway I'd say. Been vaping it forever, have had 20 builds in it since I bought it. I've got it figured out...you're just gonna have have to trust me on that. And I think OP gets the gist, and you are certainly allowed to vape a Sprint instead of a Narca --you are right, there are tighter out there, but OP didnt specify tight or loose MTL.

EDIT: nevermind, Hadaly is quite airy.

Edited on 5/7/2021 at 5:33 PM. Reason:
What does he mean when he says words?
#24 (permalink)      5/10/2021 2:01:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 348
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos203
So Cattledog why you think the Berserker V2 is shit compared to the v1? I love the V2 RTA so I ordered a V2 RDA too before I've seen this post. So I am curious why you hate the v2, and if i should get a v1 if still available somewhere.

Also the following RDAs are on the way:

Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDA
Wotofo STNG MTL RDA
Vapefly Holic MTL RDA
Vandy Vape Berserker V2 MTL RDA

I can't write my short reviews here... If anybody wants my opinion about them, If this discussion still alive. Also the 1928 and the Intense mesh RDA still in my wishlist (and a bunch of clones too like saber or speed) but not want to spend any more money on RDAs for a month so yeah... but lemme know if you want my review on the others.

The Whisper clone that still in stock here: no airflow inserts, no bf pin but as an RDTA I could make it work as a true MTL, performs surprisingly well with super tight draw. I would love to get the ulton clone but it's discontinued everywhere. I would love to get the original but it's unaffordable.
Le Turbo clone sold here: many airflow options, can MTL but due muted flavour i can not recommend it, still love it because of its design. Also only works as squonker.
Royal RDA clone, still sold here: with single coil it performed well enough, tried to MTL with it... works but would not recommend for MTL users. It wasn't made for tight draw, but with 26ga kanthal, 7wraps, 2,5mm inner diameter a fairly small coil close to the air-hole, it worked well enough to try e-juices in it, airflow was like 1-ish mm.
#25 (permalink)      5/12/2021 2:59:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Cattledog69
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 216
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos125
RattyRat wrote:

So Cattledog why you think the Berserker V2 is shit compared to the v1? I love the V2 RTA so I ordered a V2 RDA too before I've seen this post. So I am curious why you hate the v2, and if i should get a v1 if still available somewhere.

Well hate is a bit of an exaggeration. The quality of the V2 is very good and lots of options like 3 drip tips and airflow pins etc. But i just don't like the fact of having only one airflow option due to the pins. If you want to change your afc setting you need to change the pin. The V1 also has pins, but still has an airflow ring which you can change on the go. Also the dubble wall in the RDA causes a very loud airflow. Compared to the V1 it's just not that good IMO.

#26 (permalink)      5/12/2021 10:53:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 348
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos203
Oh so that, honestly it is preference, in the v2 rta i don't like that it has afc ring, for me it is pointless, I chose the afc insert that fits my taste the best and leave the ring full open all the time. Like in the dvarw, but i understand your point, i can see how no afc ring can be annoying, anyway thanks the feedback! Loud airflow can be a problem tho... We'll see if i like it, it shuld be arriving at the end of May. I just want a squnking "true" mtl rda that closest to the dvarw with 0.8-1.0mm insert in terms of flavour.
#27 (permalink)      5/12/2021 12:01:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Cattledog69
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 216
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos125
Well then it could just be the one for you. Don't have a dvarw (for the same reasons) so can't compare, but it is absolutely true MTL.