shopping cart empty
Need MTL RDA Recommendations
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      5/6/2021 1:17:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2251
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1949
No, the NarDA and NarCA are absolutely not MTL RDAs, nor can they be made to work as MTL RDAs. You can adjust the airflow down to nothing, but they're absolutely horrid performers with an MTL-level draw. And yes, there absolutely are some really good MTL RDAs that not only have proper airflow, but chambers that make them good at MTL. You're simply not aware of them because you're not an MTL vaper and, frankly, don't care about MTL performance. And you love jumping to unjustified conclusions.

Mainstream? Berserker, Sting, 1928. All good. The Galaxies is okay if you want something at the loose end, but it sucks at a tighter draw. Higher end/clone? FEV, 900, Sprint, Sabre, Speed Revolution, XIV,... the list is long. And yes, I use RDAs quite often, though I've pretty much settles on a Speed Revolution Mini clone-ish (it's actually a 14mm downscaled version of the 18mm Speed Revolution rather than a clone of the Mini) for squonking and recipe tests.
#12 (permalink)      5/6/2021 2:03:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Cattledog69
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 216
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos125
+1 details
I used the Berserker RDA a long time. The V1 that is, the V2 is complete shit imo. But since a few weeks i have the Hellfire Sabre clone https://www.fasttech.com/p/9713189 and this one realy surprised me a lot. Very smooth draw, innovative afc, and very tight to loose draw and still a good taste.
#13 (permalink)      5/6/2021 3:48:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 278
  • Reviews 109
  • Kudos139
+1 details
I recommend the shift rda as a great mtl rda.
SKU 9691940

This is not the one I have but it looks very close
#14 (permalink)      5/6/2021 5:49:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2774
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1467
essellar wrote:

No, the NarDA and NarCA are absolutely not MTL RDAs, nor can they be made to work as MTL RDAs. You can adjust the airflow down to nothing, but they're absolutely horrid performers with an MTL-level draw. And yes, there absolutely are some really good MTL RDAs that not only have proper airflow, but chambers that make them good at MTL. You're simply not aware of them because you're not an MTL vaper and, frankly, don't care about MTL performance. And you love jumping to unjustified conclusions.

Mainstream? Berserker, Sting, 1928. All good. The Galaxies is okay if you want something at the loose end, but it sucks at a tighter draw. Higher end/clone? FEV, 900, Sprint, Sabre, Speed Revolution, XIV,... the list is long. And yes, I use RDAs quite often, though I've pretty much settles on a Speed Revolution Mini clone-ish (it's actually a 14mm downscaled version of the 18mm Speed Revolution rather than a clone of the Mini) for squonking and recipe tests.

I didn't jump to any conclusions, esselar. I simply reminded you how rdas worked, and instead of thanking me, you made up a bunch of crap that amounts to nothing. RDAS have an air hole, sometimes two, and air goes onto the coil, no matter the size. NarCa not MTL? Maybe not YOUR mtl...I'm pretty sure mtl is a style of inhale, not air hole size. Just a reminder.

I know words...I have the best words.
#15 (permalink)      5/6/2021 5:51:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2774
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1467
+1 details
Cattledog69 wrote:

I used the Berserker RDA a long time. The V1 that is, the V2 is complete shit imo. But since a few weeks i have the Hellfire Sabre clone https://www.fasttech.com/p/9713189 and this one realy surprised me a lot. Very smooth draw, innovative afc, and very tight to loose draw and still a good taste.

THE BEST rda! And yes, it does mtl and rdl.

Im so mad sometimes that I waited so long to buy a Sabre...really almost perfect rda.

#16 (permalink)      5/6/2021 10:08:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
drmarble
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos10
+1 details
The hadaly SKU 6228800 is nice. You might find it a bit airy but it is a good single coil rda. You can dial the air flow down. It has huge wells so you don't have to drip too often.
#17 (permalink)      5/7/2021 3:12:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Boshnaq
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 33
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos38
+2 details
Thanks guys, all recommendations are appealing , I will review them a bit more and make my purchases.
#18 (permalink)      5/7/2021 3:38:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2774
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1467
Boshnaq wrote:

Thanks guys, all recommendations are appealing , I will review them a bit more and make my purchases.

there are some good ones listed, and you didn't give any real "mtl" requirements, so the recommendations run the gamut from super-tight to normal MTL. Many have problems with the lack of diversity in the nomenclature, with only two terms to define the opposite ends, with "RDL" catching everything else. It is what We have made it, and the real fact is, your MTL is what you like, not a preconceived notion of "proper" (i hate that term, there is no "proper" MTL unless YOU like it).

you don't mention squonk or drip really, but most listed are squonkers...though if you change juices frequently, dripping may suffice.

the best pure RDA listed here (I own them all, except Beserker and FEV) is the Sabre. SOOO good!

Good luck!

#19 (permalink)      5/7/2021 7:08:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 278
  • Reviews 109
  • Kudos139
Gee I guess I hate “the best”, sure as much as you hate “Proprer MTL”! It’s a bit restrictive.
And when it comes to restricted airflow RDAs I believe there are plenty of good options some of which have been quoted in this thread.
@The best “ is like religion and ideology, it’s just not the right material for a good discussion point but it’s a great starting point for a fight.

The shift is great for a few puffs, drip for 1/2 hour or so and rewick for a different juice. I don’t Squonk and I don’t believe it’s great for squnking but it sure has great flavour and highly versatile airflow. I love it with a super long pipe style aluminium drip tip.
Cheers
#20 (permalink)      5/7/2021 8:41:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2774
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1467
Everyone has a different idea of best, and in my particular use, should be viewed as "my favorite"....but fair is fair!

Never tried the Shift, but honestly I kind of wrote it off, after a couple bad experiences with "super small" rdas (the Mikro, and that weird one with the giant vertical coil and the crappy "spin cap" airflow--can't remember the name)

Since that time, however, i've got along better with similar styles, like the Artoo and the poet...both high on my list of favorites. And your right, a bit of a drip tip helps! I'll eventually throw a shift kit on a 2eff order - they usually have it for cheap. And surely this whole time we haven't been talking about Direct Lung atties, have we? The Narca isn't my preferred atty, but is generally considered the "best"(there's that word again)MTL rda of all time, voted on by writers, insiders, and owners...and you know what? I'm not gonna argue that, it's a pretty legendary atty that broke a lot of ground.

Always good talking shop...have a good one!
#21 (permalink)      5/7/2021 10:48:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 278
  • Reviews 109
  • Kudos139
I know what you mean : « best of all times » is usually followed by a long list of other best, and it changes with every new season.

Edited on 5/7/2021 at 11:04 AM. Reason: