shopping cart empty
Need MTL RDA Recommendations
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/6/2021 5:03:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Boshnaq
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 33
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos38
+1 details
Need MTL RDA Recommendations
Can you guys/gals recommend me some MTL RDA's , I have 1 All day vape juice but sometimes like to change it up, can't stand other juices for more than an hour max, so don't want to commit my Dvarws to such filth. any recommendations would be appreciated.
#2 (permalink)      5/6/2021 5:40:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2774
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1467
Replacing wick is replacing wick....putting one juice over another is barbaric and monster-like (lol)

If you dont have a Narca or Narda, get one.
I know words...I have the best words.
#3 (permalink)      5/6/2021 7:26:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3918
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7817
+1 details
SKU 9695187 I really like this one. A little bit of care needed with coil placement and wicking but videos available on YouTube!
#4 (permalink)      5/6/2021 8:50:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2774
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1467
lazyfitter wrote:

SKU 9695187 I really like this one. A little bit of care needed with coil placement and wicking but videos available on YouTube!

Absolute loosest draw you can get on that? I do want one for my collection, but I'm afraid it will never get used...Do you have another atty as a reference point?

#5 (permalink)      5/6/2021 9:30:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3918
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7817
+3 details
It's a well made little thing and quite robust (for work etc) personally I always like a really tight MTL but with the few air inserts that came with mine its pretty much completely adjustable from tight MTL right through to what I would call a medium restricted direct lung draw..... the smallest insert paired with the blank on the other side would be comparable to a dvarw with the 1mm insert. With both bigger inserts in place (one each side and no blank) I'd compare it to a taifun GT4S with the airflow ring in the half closed position (one hole open instead of two) if you get my convoluted meaning! 😆 Sorry but at work and that's the only atty I've had to compare it with!
In short I'd say it's completely adjustable to pretty much everyone's taste excluding cloud chasers! Hope this helps!
#6 (permalink)      5/6/2021 9:33:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3918
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7817
+1 details
Ps. Comes with both solid and bf pins... I use mine on an aspire feedlink squonk mod.
#7 (permalink)      5/6/2021 10:04:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2774
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1467
+1 details
That's great info, Lazy! I appreciate it, and the reference is excellent.
#8 (permalink)      5/6/2021 10:12:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2251
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1949
carrion4worm wrote:

No. Just no. Neither has anything at all to do with MTL.

#9 (permalink)      5/6/2021 10:48:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SambaBugatti
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 395
  • Reviews 60
  • Kudos306
+1 details
I wanted to recommend the Le Concorde or the Whisper, but both are not available anymore. But I also use the FEV BF all the Time for Custard and other sweet Juices.If You buy it You can, if You don't like the Draw, use the Airscrews from the FEV RTA, they are available in a lot of Sizes.But beware: I have 1 FEV BF Clone where they don't fit, with my 2 other Clones they work.
#10 (permalink)      5/6/2021 11:38:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2774
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1467
essellar wrote:
[quote]carrion4worm wrote:
essellar wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:
No. Just no. Neither has anything at all to do with MTL.

Yeah. I hear ya, lol...But, this is not an RTA discussion. When was the last time you used an RDA, seriously? The reason I ask is simple....almost all Rdas are side airflow, not under coil (like most rtas), and airflow has an adjustment, even a stopper on the Narca, It's meant to, and operates perfectly with any incremental adjustment. I would say the Narca IS the perfect MTL, but everyone's different...

Also the Pocket RDA, sold here for cheap....almost the exact same vape, mtl to rdl.

#11 (permalink)      5/6/2021 1:17:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2251
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1949
No, the NarDA and NarCA are absolutely not MTL RDAs, nor can they be made to work as MTL RDAs. You can adjust the airflow down to nothing, but they're absolutely horrid performers with an MTL-level draw. And yes, there absolutely are some really good MTL RDAs that not only have proper airflow, but chambers that make them good at MTL. You're simply not aware of them because you're not an MTL vaper and, frankly, don't care about MTL performance. And you love jumping to unjustified conclusions.

Mainstream? Berserker, Sting, 1928. All good. The Galaxies is okay if you want something at the loose end, but it sucks at a tighter draw. Higher end/clone? FEV, 900, Sprint, Sabre, Speed Revolution, XIV,... the list is long. And yes, I use RDAs quite often, though I've pretty much settles on a Speed Revolution Mini clone-ish (it's actually a 14mm downscaled version of the 18mm Speed Revolution rather than a clone of the Mini) for squonking and recipe tests.