shopping cart empty
Topside dual
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      4/15/2021 4:53:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kazenoko
  • JoinedApr 2021
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
+1 details
Yeah I was just wondering because some sites say topside dual v3 which is the new body shell/door mod all in one but at the same time, it still shows the same photos as the original dual so it’s like...what am I really buying. Thanks for all the input though. I’ve already gone straight to dovpo and just ordered a whole new dual and a new shell/door so as soon it gets to me, I’ll switch everything over.
#12 (permalink)      4/15/2021 5:08:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2553
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos1375
If you can keep it off the ground, you'll have few problems I bet...I really see a hard fall as the real issue here. Other than that, this mod is pretty damn solid. I got that crazy black and goldish SE model and the exterior still looks brand new after 2 years or so.
I know words...I have the best words.
#13 (permalink)      4/15/2021 5:16:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7544
  • Reviews 316
  • Kudos4431
This is just an observation and a guess...

All the Topside dual SKUs that are still being sold here on FT have a stock status of "Ships in 7 business days". This most likely means FT doesn't actually stock this item and is likely getting it directly from the manufacturer when they get so many orders for their products. That means, to me, that there is a good chance it will ship with the updated door. But no guarantees and just a guess.
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#14 (permalink)      4/15/2021 5:43:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kazenoko
  • JoinedApr 2021
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
That would make sense that they get it directly. Almost like a special order. Good point. To touch on the door...I’ve had a topside single for two years. I don’t drop my vapes. But over the last two years, the slots have just eroded away. Luckily my local shop had two topside duals with the updated doors and they said it was hard for them to find as well. But I bought both of themselve a couple weeks back. So it’s not like I don’t have any. I’m just looking for more, without having to buy the normal mod, then going to Dovpo’s site and buying the shell/door combo and switching everything. (As I said, I’ve just done that for one more) but don’t want to continue doing it if I can just get the v3 shipped straight to me.
#15 (permalink)      4/15/2021 6:53:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2553
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos1375
I've seen a guy on YouTube that was so fed up with his topside that he drilled a small hole through the door and into the bottom of the mod, so he could use a screw to tighten up the door to make contact...almost like an old mech or something, lol.
#16 (permalink)      4/15/2021 9:54:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kazenoko
  • JoinedApr 2021
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
+1 details
Yes I’ve seen that too. I just don’t want to end up doing that though. But it was genius.
#17 (permalink)      4/16/2021 12:13:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2553
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos1375
So I visited Dovpo's site. For the average person, changing over mod innards, top plates, etc is too much...hell, it's too much for me! You are basically rebuilding a mod to change the door!

Basically they are making the older metal body duals into the simpler Carbon body style. The main difference most will notice is the updated "shell" is milled flat on the bottom to accept the newer door base. Before on older models the bottom was made with cut-outs for the hinge and squonk bottle. The "difference" in the actual issue (the door) is a longer tab on each side, which "should" last longer from normal use, but adds the potential problem of their "new" door frame being mounted to the metal body, when two tiny screws hold the front in place!

I would like to see one of these updated Topsides, if anyone has a metal Topside dual with a black frame around the bottom...chime in!
#18 (permalink)      4/16/2021 12:29:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kazenoko
  • JoinedApr 2021
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
+1 details
That’s what I do have. I have two of the newest ones. The door and shell you are talking about is the v3. I have 2 v3 duals. And I just bought another dual and a shell/door kit from dovpo so I can do all that work to make a 3rd. I don’t know how to link an image or anything but just google topside dual v3. Should come up in images. You’ll know when you see it.
#19 (permalink)      4/16/2021 12:31:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kazenoko
  • JoinedApr 2021
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
[img] http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0267/1841/products/8880661_1200x.jpg?v=1607921366[\img]

Maybe I did that right?
#20 (permalink)      4/16/2021 12:35:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kazenoko
  • JoinedApr 2021
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
Nope. I didn’t. But if you copy and paste all but the Beginning and end (the [img][\img] part) it’ll bring you to it. And yes it seems like a lot. There is a YouTube video of a guy completely taking apart the topside single and dual though so I’m going to follow that. It’s not in English but oh well. And the only way you can straight up buy the v3 complete is if you live in Australia. All the websites that have them are Australia and they don’t ship out of their own country.
#21 (permalink)      4/16/2021 12:50:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2553
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos1375
I found a photo after searching images, a purple Dual with the upgraded Topside Carbon door. It actually looks good with that thick contrasting color band on top and bottom now. I like the looks better!

It appears also this is a new development, as in fairly recent. The Blog post referenced was March 10. I thought it odd that I have the very latest release, the Dual SE, yet even mine had the original door. Still, this is great in a world where very few companies even give you an option to buy parts, so later is better than never!

FYI: for pics

upload to imgur
copy the url, usually ends in jpg
paste it, surround with [img][/img] on yours above, your slash is facing the wrong way.

Edited on 4/16/2021 at 12:53 PM. Reason: