shopping cart empty
Topside dual
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/14/2021 4:44:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kazenoko
  • JoinedApr 2021
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
Topside dual
Does anybody know if the topside dual on this site come shipped with the new version door?
#2 (permalink)      4/14/2021 4:44:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kazenoko
  • JoinedApr 2021
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
Topside dual
Does anybody know if the topside dual on this site come shipped with the new version door?
#3 (permalink)      4/14/2021 4:44:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kazenoko
  • JoinedApr 2021
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
Topside dual
#4 (permalink)      4/14/2021 4:45:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kazenoko
  • JoinedApr 2021
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
Topside dual
#5 (permalink)      4/14/2021 4:45:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kazenoko
  • JoinedApr 2021
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
Topside dual
#6 (permalink)      4/15/2021 2:03:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2553
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos1375
I know that the Dual has an improved door/lock over the original Topside. As fas as I'm aware, there are not two different doors on the Dual, I think they have used the same door the entire time. the photos here at FT look just like my Topside Dual.

I used to have an original Topside, but guess what? The damn battery door broke off!!! My Dual is fine however, and the door does work better and feel more secure than the first Topside...but still needed improvement. I like the lock tab feature for hinged bottom doors, Paranormal, G-Class, MAG P3....

I'm afraid at this point there's not many other options as far as squonks go...good luck!
I know words...I have the best words.
#7 (permalink)      4/15/2021 2:51:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DarthVap3rrr
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
carrion4worm wrote:

I know that the Dual has an improved door/lock over the original Topside. As fas as I'm aware, there are not two different doors on the Dual, I think they have used the same door the entire time. the photos here at FT look just like my Topside Dual.

I used to have an original Topside, but guess what? The damn battery door broke off!!! My Dual is fine however, and the door does work better and feel more secure than the first Topside...but still needed improvement. I like the lock tab feature for hinged bottom doors, Paranormal, G-Class, MAG P3....

I'm afraid at this point there's not many other options as far as squonks go...good luck!

Just look at reviews on element vape for the topside dual. Not to mention YouTube videos and Reddit. The topside dual did update the battery door so there are two different doors for the dual. The most recently made ones will obviously have the updated door.

OP, not sure how you would determine if it has the updated door. BUT you can contact Dovpo and apparently they can send you the new door. Not sure if for free or not. If you send pics of the broken door then obviously you have a better chance of getting it for free.

#8 (permalink)      4/15/2021 3:54:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2553
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos1375
Ah, now that you say that, I remember ! They changed the tabs to metal, as they were originally plastic or something. Still didnt change much, as mine would be "updated" as well, I suppose. Its a crap design, don't know what they were thinking, expecting two small side tabs to hold that giant floppy door.
#9 (permalink)      4/15/2021 3:58:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MotoBlue
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 4816
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos4742
Dovpo will sell you just a replacement new style door for $4 (no idea of postage). The new style door requires a new body shell as the new door is 2 part. Dovpo have currently sold out of the new style + new body shell combo ($12).

Google 'Topside Dual (SE) Mod Replacement Battery Door' for the order page.

Dovpoecig has two blog postings concerning the Dual battery door. To tell the different doors apart, open the battery door and look at the base. The old style has 2 screws visible below the batteries, the newer style has 4 screws. Compare FT's pictures of the Dual (old style) and the Dual Carbon (new style)

Edit: originally wrote bollocks. They have a link to the new style only.

Edited on 4/15/2021 at 4:47 PM. Reason:
Over a thousand squonk products available at Fasttech
#10 (permalink)      4/15/2021 4:18:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2553
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos1375
Yeah, not so much 2 different doors, as two different mods...that visible gap on the Resin Topside was a real killer for me, looked unfinished....

And yes, you would need a different mod! There's no screw on the front(by the bottle) on the metal Topsides, cuz they're metal! They don't need artificial stiffening agents like the plastic-like Carbon. The Carbon 100% needed that, but that doesn't mean you could use the battery door from one to the other - inspection will clearly show major thickness difference. I only have the "SE" Topside dual, which were the most recent "splatter" versions. It has the same metal door as all the ones shown on FT (except the plastic ones).

So I guess what we learned is there are as many doors as there are Topside Mods, no more. If you buy a Topside, it's gonna look like the ones shown on this site - the Metal ones.
#11 (permalink)      4/15/2021 4:53:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kazenoko
  • JoinedApr 2021
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
+1 details
Yeah I was just wondering because some sites say topside dual v3 which is the new body shell/door mod all in one but at the same time, it still shows the same photos as the original dual so it’s like...what am I really buying. Thanks for all the input though. I’ve already gone straight to dovpo and just ordered a whole new dual and a new shell/door so as soon it gets to me, I’ll switch everything over.