21700 Sams 40T discharging fast in 2 days of storage
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      3/10/2021 11:52:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7763
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4529
+2 details
VeeRay wrote:

What would you guys use for mtl ( max 16W) in 21700 format? long lasting ones

cheers

Edited on 3/10/2021 at 11:52 AM. Reason:
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#12 (permalink)      3/10/2021 9:33:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VeeRay
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos28
+1 details
P42A it is then.

After all, my 2 Enercig 20700 EC-27-HC are molicell inside. And no mercy has been shown to them since day one. Still as good as 3 y ago.

Wish we could shed some light on why a battery that's been taken care off as advised by the gurus, is self discharging, and if something can be done to stop that and hopefully reverse it, but i have no tools to test properly.Well then.

Thank you guys for your help and recommendations

Have a nice one
#13 (permalink)      3/11/2021 3:35:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3874
+1 details
VeeRay wrote:

P42A it is then.

After all, my 2 Enercig 20700 EC-27-HC are molicell inside. And no mercy has been shown to them since day one. Still as good as 3 y ago.

Wish we could shed some light on why a battery that's been taken care off as advised by the gurus, is self discharging, and if something can be done to stop that and hopefully reverse it, but i have no tools to test properly.Well then.

Thank you guys for your help and recommendations

Have a nice one

The mod you're using could have a parasitic draw on the battery/ies. I don't remember if you mentioned it.

Always keep your ear to the ground!
#14 (permalink)      3/11/2021 4:03:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2985
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2422
+1 details
VeeRay wrote:

Hmmm... not according to Mooch.

"This cell is identical in appearance and performance to the 5-leg top contact iJoy and the Efest, Ampking, and EBAT 3000mAh 20700’s.

This cell is double wrapped. While this provides a lot more protection from damage to the wrap it does increase the diameter of the cell a bit. For the two cells I tested the largest diameter was 20.39mm. It has a plastic top insulator ring which should resist juice leaks.

I am pleased to say that EnerCig has rated this cell very close to what it tested out to, delivering 2915mAh. I am rating this cell at 30A and 2900mAh. This does not mean the EnerCig’s ratings are wrong. When the numbers are this close it’s all up to the equipment and the criteria used to set the ratings."

Wylie wrote:

The mod you're using could have a parasitic draw on the battery/ies.

Possibly, though that current draw would be somewhat extreme, even if it were to be a Yihi chip-set!

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#15 (permalink)      3/11/2021 7:43:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VeeRay
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos28
+1 details
the mod. It's an urus.Light, good form factor, cheap, all function ( that i never use)
And irrelevant, my problem is the batteries are discharging in their case- that's my hurt, not in the mod, i tested the mod with the rest of the batteries and it's a damn good chip really.Better than tesla for sure.

As for mollicel inside my enercigs, nkon himself told me they're molicell based, i asked him simply bro, i'm tired of reading revies, you sell batteries for a living, gib some decent 20700 and he was like well these are ok, molicell based..Also reddit.

Again, the drain from them is 3.5-4A for a 30-35A rated battery. 10-12w/1ohm. Not 30W, not 70W, 10-11W/1 ohm.

I mean i get it, they lose capacity -lemons, alright - but why discharging when are stored at 3.7V (50%) 25C, like, all of a sudden. They do discharge A LOT slower kept in the mod but not vaped.
#16 (permalink)      3/11/2021 7:56:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+1 details
+1 for the Gyrfalcon ALL-88 charger and the Molicel batteries. I also recommend the MIBOXER C8 battery charger.
#17 (permalink)      3/11/2021 7:59:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 13361
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos20114
+2 details
Prefer the Molicel batteries to the Samsung 40T as well.

Also have to pick up a MIBOXER.
#18 (permalink)      3/11/2021 8:14:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2985
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2422
+2 details
Still.Me wrote:

Prefer the Molicel batteries to the Samsung 40T as well.

Although worth noting that Mollies are a bit fatter than 40Ts, which might be an issue where battery space is very tight. Worth mentioning... :-)

Still.Me wrote:

Also have to pick up a MIBOXER.

That's what I use these days. I like them a lot, and not a single complaint to date.

#19 (permalink)      3/11/2021 9:00:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5968
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos3874
VeeRay wrote:

the mod. It's an urus.Light, good form factor, cheap, all function ( that i never use)
And irrelevant, my problem is the batteries are discharging in their case- that's my hurt, not in the mod, i tested the mod with the rest of the batteries and it's a damn good chip really.Better than tesla for sure.

As for mollicel inside my enercigs, nkon himself told me they're molicell based, i asked him simply bro, i'm tired of reading revies, you sell batteries for a living, gib some decent 20700 and he was like well these are ok, molicell based..Also reddit.

Again, the drain from them is 3.5-4A for a 30-35A rated battery. 10-12w/1ohm. Not 30W, not 70W, 10-11W/1 ohm.

I mean i get it, they lose capacity -lemons, alright - but why discharging when are stored at 3.7V (50%) 25C, like, all of a sudden. They do discharge A LOT slower kept in the mod but not vaped.

That's a power hungry circuit board, I can't remember the cut off voltage though.

You may want to check the circuit cutoff voltage being it sounds like you're going to get new batteries, don't want to potentially mess the new batteries up.

Let it run until it shuts itself off with one of your messed up batteries. Check your battery voltage with a muti-meter, if it's below 2.75ish volts, you have your answer.

Run batteries too low and you can permanently damage them.

Edited on 3/11/2021 at 9:12 AM. Reason:
Always keep your ear to the ground!
#20 (permalink)      3/11/2021 9:30:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2985
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2422
VeeRay wrote:

As for mollicel inside my enercigs, nkon himself told me they're molicell based, i asked him simply bro, i'm tired of reading revies, you sell batteries for a living, gib some decent 20700 and he was like well these are ok, molicell based.

Yeah... right...

Errm... this is the same NKON that claims on their website that the Molicel P42A 21700 has an output of 45 amps? Really..?

I don't care what the guy does for a living - he was 'yanking your chain' when he sold you that pair of Enercigs mate! Personally, I'd trust Mooch's info over a battery retailer's claim any day of the week.

As you're replacing your cells, it's now a moot point, but worth mentioning anyway. :-)

#21 (permalink)      3/15/2021 9:46:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VeeRay
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 135
  • Kudos28
you may be very right about that.

anyways, i did a test since the last post a while ago, and the result is baffling me.

I've let one battery inside the mod, not vaped ( or just a few puffs/day).

The capacity DOES NOT decay in the mod, but the battery left in storage at 50% charge is self discharging to absurd levels, in 2 days is almost completely drained.

I do not own a multimeter.

Does anyone have a link @mooch or smth like that that describes this awkward thing ?