shopping cart empty
The Futon Ohm TAB by Dovpo/BP Mods
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      3/3/2021 7:59:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2317
  • Reviews 261
  • Kudos1196
More important to many users here is BP's "Bushido" squonk, soon to be released. It's a mech, so some may be put off by that...

Edited on 3/3/2021 at 9:16 AM. Reason:
Insert idiotic mantra here.
#12 (permalink)      3/3/2021 8:10:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 191
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos170

nice looking gadget for those without extra mods lying about, I suppose...

I have many mods, but none offer a more stable platform to build on than one designed and dedicated to the task IMO.. I've enjoyed using them since they first came widely available. If one thinks the Futon is expensive, I'm pretty sure one of the first ones out (Burning Tab Master?) years ago was a couple hundred bucks, and also plastic (or 3D printed) IIRC.

Edited on 3/3/2021 at 8:28 AM. Reason:
"We've taken care of everything, The words you read, The songs you sing, The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes"....(Priests of Syrinx, 2112 AD)
#13 (permalink)      3/3/2021 8:35:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 2217
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1921
+2 details
Yeah, that Friday Morning 3D-printed original was just a ridiculous price (in keeping with everything else Friday Morning made). The first Coil Master unit was an unapologetic direct copy (that seemed to have been moulded off of the Friday Morning tab, as it had layer lines despite being injection moulded). There are times I think to myself, "you know, I'd almost feel sorry for the inventors, except that they've done things the slowest and most expensive way they could think of and are restricting the product to waiting lists on closed groups instead of selling a bajillion of them on the mass market and making real money, so they're idiots who can go know themselves biblically."
#14 (permalink)      3/3/2021 8:58:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 191
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos170
+1 details
LoL! After looking around briefly, it does appear that The Friday Morning felt copied:

Edited on 3/3/2021 at 8:59 AM. Reason:
"We've taken care of everything, The words you read, The songs you sing, The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes"....(Priests of Syrinx, 2112 AD)
#15 (permalink)      3/3/2021 9:31:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2317
  • Reviews 261
  • Kudos1196
Of course it was a clone! You didn't think a non-vaper came up with that idea, did you? That's where everybody makes mistakes when talking about manufacturers. You are paying for the idea and the device often, because...well, China just makes stuff. They are 9 months ahead of the world in manufacturing, just not design. If money is an issue for you, and the product is solid, just wait a few months for some Chinese manu to reverse engineer a quality clone of that product. Then everyone can be happy, the cash-rich who seed these projects and push boundaries, and the low-level consumer who simply wants a working product for the near future.
Insert idiotic mantra here.
#16 (permalink)      3/3/2021 12:43:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5644
  • Reviews 77
  • Kudos3645
Wow, FT is way behind the curve with the Tabs! The Mission T was the last I remember and grabbed a couple while they were here. The other I have is now discontinued as well.
Always keep your ear to the ground!