shopping cart empty
Authentic QP DESIGN JUGGERKNOT V2 RTA ( Replacement Glass)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#81 (permalink)      3/8/2021 10:00:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5214
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3733
+1 details
"Why are there so few fancy coils that are strictly SS? I could speculate as to why but I might be wrong, hence, curious to hear the answer from others."

Lower resistance is one factor. My 4 core 7 wrap 3.5 MM coils are .11, very low resistance.

"Secondly, the wire, Ni that seems to be popular in these builds, cant do TC, correct?"

I don't do TC but there is a Ni setting in mods that do TC, so it should be fine to do.

"Good to hear and has me realize I will try it out but 140watts although great for ES would be too much for me."

If you think about it in applied volts to the coil, my .11 ohm build is not that crazy at only 3.91 volts. If my built was a higher ohm the 140W would be dramatically different in heat and volts.
#82 (permalink)      3/8/2021 10:06:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5214
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3733
+1 details
"I just made a huge clean up the other day in the case with coils and wire actually due to the last couple of days on this forum as I am now almost certain that I have a mild form of intolerance to NI/SS."

Ni has nickle in it I believe so you could have a sensitivity to nickle. The SS I have always felt like was very safe because it is what they would put inside your body for an implant. One thing about the SS though I always heard not to dry burn it from people who vape. My friend that is a welder told me different he said to dry burn it to get all of the color out because that is a toxic element that comes from heating it.

So I have always followed what he told me because he went to school for metal work and so far so good no issues with SS.

Kanthal I moved back to because it is tried and true and higher ohm, and I also have a few mods that don't handle the dynamic resistance of SS well. It reads it and locks multiple times and messes up my vape.
#83 (permalink)      3/8/2021 10:36:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11007
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos17015
+2 details
Ah resistance.
Didn't think of that. I thought it might have been because ss wire doesn't last as long as kanthal, the toxic element you speak of, etc.
I havent had any issue with SS and it is my preferred metal but harder with fancier coils.

Ni - I have tried to avoid it as well due to an earlier sensitivity to nickel wire.
Not that I care any longer about TC but was curious.

Using a kanthal fancy wire on one build but I do prefer the taste of SS wire but feel I must move back to kanthal for these newer builds.

Ok, I get it.
#84 (permalink)      3/8/2021 10:38:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JayJayMcKlay
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 380
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos313
+1 details
Yaa the Nickle part has always kind of concern me but do like a lot of the figures about the NI builds fast heating time and stuff.
I do not dry burn SS wire due to what is sayed about that around.

This threat kind of make me think on my younger days I was welding a lot in SS making kitchens for hospitals etc.
Only thing there was when sharpened the wolfram due to the nuked stuff in them but actually when welding a hole day if not having enough air ventilation my swell could be kind of upset in the evening as well like kind of dry and sour pretty much like this without the sour part.

But I don't know as well but for now I will try go kanthal for a while to see if that the issue.
Just find it weird that it everything NI/SS/Mesh have the same effect.
The internet used to be all about spreading and sharing knowledge, but today it seems that it's mostly about spreading ignorance.
#85 (permalink)      3/8/2021 10:55:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5214
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3733
"Just find it weird that it everything NI/SS/Mesh have the same effect."

Yeah it is really strange. I am no expert on metals, but I did allot of looking into them because of vaping. Your right Ni has good heating properties, but I just don't like the nickle in it. People use it everyday all day and have no bad effects, just for me personally I stay away from it.
#86 (permalink)      3/9/2021 1:29:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rico300zx
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1177
  • Reviews 147
  • Kudos343
Do we actually have the Juggerknot RM /v2 here cause I can seem to find it?
www.youtube.com/rico300zx (Hand Strength and Weight Lifting in case your interested)
#87 (permalink)      3/9/2021 2:33:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2513
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos1352
I hear you guys talking, just don't confuse nickel with ni80(nichrome), although they are related for sure. The number after the "N" is indeed the percentage of Nickel in the Nichrome mix (nickel, chromium, and iron), so those with sensitivity to Nickel (doubtful, but possible) may, or may not react. Many that claim Nickel sensitivity do not seem to notice Ni80, or even Ni90 coils...I can't explain it, but it has been documented.

i would never use Nickel, but quite enjoy Ni80, especially Temco-produced wire. Easily my favorite, but that is because of resistance and quick firing on mechs and mosfets more than just flavor...I've found Kanthal to be quite good in flavor reproduction, with Stainless steel feeling "flat" or "dull" in comparison....that's just my take on it, of course...your mileage may vary.
I know words...I have the best words.
#88 (permalink)      3/9/2021 11:15:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11007
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos17015
+3 details
rico300zx wrote:

Do we actually have the Juggerknot RM /v2 here cause I can seem to find it?

No. Perhaps soon there might be a clone?!

I am using 2 of the authentic now and love it. And I am not a single coil person but the airflow is very good.

I am finding the flavour a wee bit less than the Zeus X but in my case that is not a negative. It might partly be due to the new Ni coils I am using as I have been using SS coils up until now for 5 years so I am not yet used to the taste of these coils. Or that I am used to dual coil and havent liked other single coil attys I have tried the last several years.

But I am loving them for fruity vapes as I often find a tone within a wee bit sharp but in these atomizers, they are perfect, at least for me.

Edited on 3/9/2021 at 11:17 AM. Reason:
#89 (permalink)      3/11/2021 3:38:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11007
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos17015
+1 details
How does one get this glass changed or the insert taken out? It’s stuck. The metal ring below the top holding the glass tank on. I seem to remember someone mentioning a trick? Hope I don’t need needle nose pliers as I can’t find them, for now.

Fatality 25 I am referring to

Edited on 3/11/2021 at 3:39 PM. Reason:
#90 (permalink)      3/11/2021 4:08:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5214
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3733
+1 details
Get a micro fiber cloth and twist the bottom as you twist the top, that is what worked for me some how. The needle nose pliers some how did not work and I tried them 5 times.
#91 (permalink)      3/11/2021 4:18:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11007
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos17015
Perfect. Used cheap yellow dish gloves I normally use to wipe up doggie fur balls on his bed and it worked. Took a few goes. Was afraid to do that beforehand figuring the glass would break

Edited on 3/11/2021 at 6:12 PM. Reason: