shopping cart empty
Authentic QP DESIGN JUGGERKNOT V2 RTA ( Replacement Glass)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#71 (permalink)      3/7/2021 6:22:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11052
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos17102
JayJayMcKlay wrote:

My go to dual coil build in everything is id 3mm 6 wraps of Fused Clapton, 28*2/32 AWG kanthal .22 ohm at around 55 watts.

Correct me if I am wrong, but were you not at one time a Zeus X user and enjoyed it?

I noticed that you mentioned you did not get on well with the Juggerknot V2. If you were a Zeus user, why did you not like the V2?

If I am wrong and you did not like the Zeus X, then disregard my line of inquiry.

“When peace comes we will perhaps in time be able to forgive the Arabs for killing our sons, but it will be harder for us to forgive them for having forced us to kill their sons.
#72 (permalink)      3/7/2021 7:22:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JayJayMcKlay
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 380
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos313
+1 details
Zeus X I have five of them (2 on the vessel so therefore so many).
But yes I think it's one of the best if not the best RTA of all time flavor is good easy to build and most of all no leaking.
Like the Intake dual as well but a little to restricted for me I think.

Juggerknot I just don't know it but almost everything with it just feels wrong the times I used it was a nightmare and ended up skipped it.
But just seeing it now I have never owned the V2 it was the original Juggerknot dual and no didn't like that one in fact so much that I have never even thought about the V2.

Edited on 3/7/2021 at 7:24 PM. Reason:
The internet used to be all about spreading and sharing knowledge, but today it seems that it's mostly about spreading ignorance.
#73 (permalink)      3/8/2021 6:30:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5214
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3733
+1 details
"The Fatality is no different and it produce really good flavor at that level definitely up there with the best flavor vice."

Well JayJayMcKlay, I have built it two ways. Once with 26x2 36 over 3MM and the second time with a 4 core 28 38 over SS clapton 3.5MM and of the two builds the second takes much more advantage of the amount of airflow it has and produces ALLOT more flavor. Try it that way before you tell me that it is no different. From my experience it is night and day different. If you think it is good with your build now, bump that build up. Yes the flavor was pretty good from my first build, but I doubt I will ever go back to that build after trying this one.
#74 (permalink)      3/8/2021 7:25:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JayJayMcKlay
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 380
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos313
+1 details
I am not telling you that it's no different.
I am saying that the Fatality id 3mm 6 wraps of Fused Clapton, 28*2/32 AWG kanthal .22 ohm at around 55 watts mode is no different than Blitzen RTA, Bellus V2, Zeus X, Manta RTA, Glaz V2 RTA and a shit load of others.

Will definitely give you that the Fatality is able of taking big coils for sure but 140 watts is for me like vaping pure lava id 3mm 6 wraps of Fused Clapton, 28*2/32 AWG kanthal .22 ohm at around 55 watts for me is all good and flavor for me is up there with the others.

But again was not trying to tell there is no different on the two builds and the flavor from them.
The internet used to be all about spreading and sharing knowledge, but today it seems that it's mostly about spreading ignorance.
#75 (permalink)      3/8/2021 7:35:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5214
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3733
+1 details
3.91 volts is hardly lava, it is a .11 ohm build. On your build yeah I don't know I am not suggesting you build your build.

I don't know man you seem like a nice guy, not trying to be a jerk. Personally I find all the different RTA's vape differently. I think the Fatality is really built for larger builds.

I think I might be missing your point, or some communication is lost. I personally don't find my vape with a smaller build in the Fatality, is as good as my vape on the blitzen with the same build. To me my favorite build on the blitzen, feels like not near enough in the fatality.

Maybe we have a difference of opinion, it's all good, no worries...
#76 (permalink)      3/8/2021 7:58:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JayJayMcKlay
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 380
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos313
+1 details
You definitely got a lot of my point.
I was surprised how much I like the Fatality because I was sure that it needed much bigger build.
But my go to build fully open bottom airflow and a bit open on the top airflow and it is really good.

Sometimes I do build with other things NI mostly but I think as much I can push it is about 75 to 80 watts and then a lot of those fancy build is just to cold to do the trick.

NI/SS/MESH kind of doing something in my swell like it's drying it out (badly) especially on higher wattages.

So my go to build have taking years to figure it out and still learning but I use it in everything and if it don't work the atomizer is not really for me.

I think there is a shit load of different kinds of vapers some will adjust the build for the atomizer I can do that but only for some time so I preferred to get atomizers there will work with my build.

Am I missing out on a lot of potential from a lot of atomizers probably but I have really no choice wish I had....
#77 (permalink)      3/8/2021 8:30:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5214
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3733
+2 details
I buy spools of clapton wire, I long ago stopped truly building coils. The reason is it is just to time consuming. Switching from one type of spool to another, and just wrapping the wire around a bit for the application it is going in, I don't find problematic at all.

For the majority of things I use the same wire in different wrap amounts. 26x2 with 36 over in Kanthal almost always 7 wraps, and 3MM. This build for me works in almost everything. I might have an RDA that needs a little more here and there but usually I find that this build at 100-120Watts is great for me personally.

So we are not so different in that regard.

To me the trick between using an RTA at 50W and using one at 120W is the wicking. I use a 70/30 liquid most of the time and for that I thin my wicks out allot. In the blitzen for example it requires a very thin wick, but thick in the center of the coil. I pluck it with tweezers a bit, and do the comb out method. If I fail to thin them enough a 115W hit will not taste good, if you go to much it will be a bit spitty with an over saturated wick. I also gradually increase my wattage starting at 100W, on a .3 to a .23 build.

As far as mesh, I don't like it so far it is just to cold of a vape. It feels like I am vaping nothing.

Are you missing out, only if you are not satisfied with your results. If you love your vape how it is then no you are not missing out on anything.

I think if you try the Fatality with a bigger more robust coil, you might really enjoy it more, but that is just speculation from what I personally enjoy. I think the point of something like the fatality is to really dial it in with a big build. You can dial it in with a smaller build though and get good flavor and enjoy it. I felt like my usual build that is much smaller got a bit lost in there and to me the bigger build was night and day different and much more satisfying. I took the airflow from a little over 2/3 open on both slots to fully open on both slots and it is a fog machine now. I think that is what it was made for honestly, but it doesn't mean you can't enjoy it in other ways. I think the blitzen is much better with less of a build in it, and also the aromamiser V3.. Both with my smaller build are more satisfying to me than the fatality with the same build.
#78 (permalink)      3/8/2021 9:25:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JayJayMcKlay
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 380
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos313
+1 details
I just made a huge clean up the other day in the case with coils and wire actually due to the last couple of days on this forum as I am now almost certain that I have a mild form of intolerance to NI/SS.
There is a lot of the fancy stuff (NI) going out and will trying some heavier stuff in Kanthal.
Just order those the other day.
SKU 9663942
SKU 9671145
SKU 9662726
SKU 9663137
SKU 9644631
So maybe I am kind of agreing with you on them bigger coil just didn't find it required due to the coil I had was not for me.

Mesh is for sure not for me either way to cold and flavorless got a couple of sub tanks with mesh coil but they will just be runned out.

Got a lot of cotton and cellulose as well do thinning out the cotton to the build and atomizer but every time I am ending up with this really dry swell almost to the point of hurting.
But as stated I am pretty sure it coming from the wire and not the wick or how it's wicked.
So going all kanthal now but hardly doubt that I will ever be able to hit 140W or even 100 watt reguly.

Edited on 3/8/2021 at 9:27 AM. Reason:
#79 (permalink)      3/8/2021 9:34:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11052
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos17102
JayJayMcKlay wrote:

I am saying that the Fatality id 3mm 6 wraps of Fused Clapton, 28*2/32 AWG kanthal .22 ohm at around 55 watts mode is no different than Blitzen RTA, Bellus V2, Zeus X, Manta RTA, Glaz V2 RTA and a shit load of others.

Good to hear and has me realize I will try it out but 140watts although great for ES would be too much for me.

“When peace comes we will perhaps in time be able to forgive the Arabs for killing our sons, but it will be harder for us to forgive them for having forced us to kill their sons.
#80 (permalink)      3/8/2021 9:49:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 11052
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos17102
Possibly dumb question alert.

Why are there so few fancy coils that are strictly SS? I could speculate as to why but I might be wrong, hence, curious to hear the answer from others.

Secondly, the wire, Ni that seems to be popular in these builds, cant do TC, correct?
#81 (permalink)      3/8/2021 10:00:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5214
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3733
+1 details
"Why are there so few fancy coils that are strictly SS? I could speculate as to why but I might be wrong, hence, curious to hear the answer from others."

Lower resistance is one factor. My 4 core 7 wrap 3.5 MM coils are .11, very low resistance.

"Secondly, the wire, Ni that seems to be popular in these builds, cant do TC, correct?"

I don't do TC but there is a Ni setting in mods that do TC, so it should be fine to do.

"Good to hear and has me realize I will try it out but 140watts although great for ES would be too much for me."

If you think about it in applied volts to the coil, my .11 ohm build is not that crazy at only 3.91 volts. If my built was a higher ohm the 140W would be dramatically different in heat and volts.