shopping cart empty
Authentic QP DESIGN JUGGERKNOT V2 RTA ( Replacement Glass)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      3/3/2021 12:09:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5213
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3731
+2 details
Yeah depending on the single coil, but yeah mostly. The new trend with single is that big airflow single coil, but they fuck it up and put to little wicking on some of them to go 4 core or anything big... If it is a small single, MTL I might use a single 26/36 over wire clapton, but normally on the mtl I just use round wire. I do so little mtl there is no point in having the specialty size for it. The dual 28S with 36S over I have for single, but never use it.

I have there 4 core, but it's a bit to much on allot of stuff. I like it in an RDA with big airflow. In 4 core it ohms so low it's a bit much all and all. The dual 26 for me is kind of perfect for everything, if it is not good enough sometimes I will wrap the coil and then wrap a 26 gauge single wire into the spaces so it will be clapton seperated by single wire. Like a dual parallel coil, but one side is clapton, the other single wire.
#32 (permalink)      3/3/2021 12:13:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10877
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16806
+1 details
Ok. LOL. I think I got the gist of that. single strand coils were much easier to understand.
Basically yes to single coil as long as it isn't a huge 4mm version.

I believe that was what you were saying. So using this single coil 3mm should work.

As for the rest....baby steps. :)

** Who knows. Maybe I will rediscover that I do like single coils if its the right wire.
I havent paid any attention to them for years.

Edited on 3/3/2021 at 12:15 PM. Reason:
#33 (permalink)      3/3/2021 12:14:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5213
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3731
+2 details
Not sure if I explained the parallel coil well. If you just google image parallel coil, it will show you examples, picture that with two different wire types. It's really easy to make, and most likely not necessary at all for you.
#34 (permalink)      3/3/2021 12:16:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5213
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3731
+2 details
yup, yeah baby steps.

You can wrap this 26 dual 36 over in a big 4mm coil np. 3MM is what I always like it in, but 2.5 is fine too.
#35 (permalink)      3/3/2021 4:42:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10877
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16806
+1 details
Threw a fancy coil of some sort that came with GeekVape Zeus X onto this QP Juggerknot MR and I am quite impressed so far.

Came out to 0.25 ohms, vaping at 30w, using my favourite juice and its very good.

Whether that is partly just the coil or the atomizer itself, who knows?!

No idea what these Zeus X coils are, to be honest. So now to decide if I want to also buy the Fatality 25 😁
#36 (permalink)      3/3/2021 4:56:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5213
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3731
+2 details
Fatality just got here literally 10 mins ago. I wont have time to build it till tomorrow unfortunately.

The coil helps allot, and I am sure the RTA is very nice also. You could always throw your round wire in and check the differences.
#37 (permalink)      3/3/2021 5:09:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10877
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16806
+1 details
Keep hearing that the Fatality doesn't leak but wonder how it will fare in humidity. Why I am partial to top air flow.

I never found it as humid in Florida as it is here but atomizers such as the Blitzen, are excellent for me in the colder months. Once the humidity hits it just causes the e-juice to thin out a bit. You end up with 1-2 drops worth out of the air hole but that gets on ur hands, which run through ones hair, which touches ones clothes, etc.

Annoys me to no end. My only fear as to the Fatality.

N80 Fused Clapton Coil
28ga*3+40ga
0.4/NiChrome

On the package that Zeus X coil came in.

#38 (permalink)      3/3/2021 5:25:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10877
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16806
+1 details
Just purchased the Fatality 25 in Gun Metal here in Canada. Found it on sale for only $59 Canadian. Think they had 5 more left.

Normally $79CAD

Gun metal or Rainbow so the choice was not difficult :D

Edited on 3/3/2021 at 5:26 PM. Reason:
#39 (permalink)      3/3/2021 8:47:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10877
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16806
+1 details
Perhaps a bit too early to be really sure but I still think the flavour on the Zeus X is better.

I havent been at a single coil for such a long time, I cant be sure yet if it is the atomizer itself, being that my preference is a dual coil, or i havent found the right coil for this atty.

I am enjoying this nonetheless and I will appreciate its quality, over the Zeus X but the X is subtly flavoured better, at least so far. But as it stands, tonight, I would not purchase a second one of these.

For me though it will be the perfect atomizer when out with the dog as I tend to get knocked around by him, attys go flying so I wont have to concern myself with the inside chamber suddenly being knocked out of place and the tank instantly flooding.
For that alone it is a win. 😁

Edited on 3/3/2021 at 8:50 PM. Reason:
#40 (permalink)      3/3/2021 9:04:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+1 details
Still.Me wrote:

By all rights it was their mistake. I could exchange it for the one I clearly ordered but am leaning towards at least trying this one out.
If I am not keen about it, I can just repurchase the dual coil V2.

Am a single strand SS dual coil user at 0.25-0.30ohm @30-35watts so don't imagine a single coil will be much on this atomizer and will likely have to screw around with fancy coils, something I really wasn't interested in having to do nor have on hand.

Its been a week of every single online order I have made having an error somewhere. The one time during Covid I actually decide to go to a store....this happens LOL

Bah, really too lazy and have serious time constraints so will likely give it a shot today.

Can you not get these in Australia DJ?

Just found it and the JK v2 for $100-$110 each here. Double the Canadian price.

Like the Ether rta. It's $90 for the rta and $30 for 3 glass tanks here while it's only £20 and £8 in the UK.

Edited on 3/3/2021 at 9:05 PM. Reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPDW0ZpgJU
#41 (permalink)      3/3/2021 9:23:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10877
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16806
+1 details
djvillan wrote:

Double the Canadian price

Suppose because it is a Canadian vape designer?!

Location, etc..

I will try it tomorrow with a melon fruit juice and see if it pops or not in this atty.
Might just be that my preference as a dual coil vaper remains.

Have since purchased the Fatality 25 and we will see how I like that one. :D

Edited on 3/3/2021 at 9:25 PM. Reason: