shopping cart empty
Authentic QP DESIGN JUGGERKNOT V2 RTA ( Replacement Glass)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      3/3/2021 9:48:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10877
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16806
+1 details
I agree.
The problem is I don't have any vape stores open near me but guess I will have to make a trek back to that same store I picked this up from to buy some.
Am impatient, wanted to wrap it up today and try it out.

The one vape store near me went out of business 2 months ago. Very few people vape or smoke near me. 🥺

Don't want to wait 3-5 weeks for a delivery from China.

Blitzen I do use dual 3mm coils, SS, @0.25-0.30 ohms but sure, when I get some new coils will check it out on the Blitzens as well.

Ah poop, you are right. I am going to have to go make another trip and pick up some fancy coils. Hope I can buy them in SS as I don't care for kanthal.

I also have to do an order here so may as well throw on some from here as well, if you have any suggestions?!

Edit: Just looked at that store. QP Alien coils. 2 for $16.50? LOL

Edited on 3/3/2021 at 9:55 AM. Reason:
#22 (permalink)      3/3/2021 10:02:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5213
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3731
+2 details
I buy spools from Lightning vapes, occasionally they have a great sale, the company changed names and is now called wire optim. I still find them when searching for lightning vapes.

I just mainly use the 26x2 36 over from them. I use it in Kanthal.

As far as buying these 16.50 and up sets of two aliens, to hell with that shit. I don't like Aliens much if any amount more then clapton. So the up charge I find pointless.
#23 (permalink)      3/3/2021 10:04:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5213
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3731
+2 details
That post will get deleted so I will separately say, as far as the spools of wire from China I have not bought one in so long I would have trouble advising you on that. DJ I am sure knows all about it and can help you out by pointing you in the right direction.
#24 (permalink)      3/3/2021 10:23:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10877
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16806
+1 details
Familiar with LV. I will check them out and see if it is worthwhile as they have to come up to Toronto.

I might have to go back to Kanthal. I know one of the problems I had using SS on the Zeus X was that you need to change the coils more frequently. Which leads to the chimney press
fit issues sooner.
I don't bother with TC any longer so I suppose i could get used to kanthal again.

I am back in the dark ages regarding coils.

I just mainly use the 26x2 36 over from them. I use it in Kanthal.

Looking those up on the site now.

Just realized I believe I likely have several fancy coils of some sort or another that came pre-packed with various atomizers, I have never used, although they were likely intended for dual coil atomizers.
If I can get those to work, at least temporarily, I might have a better idea of what to expect from such coils.

I wasn't always keen on the coils I got in China. Taste for me was often just that little bit off but they might have improved since as its been a few years since I last tried them.

Might have more questions later once I dig them up. You can edit ur post

Edited on 3/3/2021 at 10:25 AM. Reason:
#25 (permalink)      3/3/2021 11:16:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5213
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3731
+2 details
I never edit, if FT wants to delete it that is fine.

I switched back to Kanthal because I have a mod that doesn't like the dynamic resistance of SS. I also wanted a little higher ohms to save battery life, not sure it actually works out that way or not though to tell you the truth. SS seems to fire faster and you can use it at a lower wattage. So as far as that goes, I don't think I see any longer battery life in the long run. If I do, I don't notice it.

I had the same experience with the coils from China, tasted off, seemed like they might have machine oil on them, just not a good experience all and all. I have had some that were great, but all old experiences, have not used coils from China in a long time.

The coils that come with stuff are hit and miss, but I have not used a set in so long I couldn't tell you if that is better or not now. I really don't like Ni80 coils, and because they never say what they are I just don't use them.

As far as shipping to Toronto, no clue how that goes. I did just get something shipped from CA, it was almost 15.00 but for fast 2-3 days shipping. They took three days to send it though so really not much of a time saver honestly, but it was the only option.

The 25 foot spool will make you a ton of coils, no clue how many I get from each spool but they last me a few months and I change my coils allot, and use allot of different stuff in a month. If I want to make them last I can easily dry burn them to clean them at least 4-5 times and they are fine to keep going. I usually only do it the 3-4th time though, I use allot of sweetner. So your mileage might be allot better than mine.
#26 (permalink)      3/3/2021 11:40:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10877
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16806
+1 details
Not sure which ones there you are referring to.

Can you possibly look them up there and just post the exact name, etc so I can search that particular coil out?

I just looked and there are so many and I got lost 😂
#27 (permalink)      3/3/2021 11:51:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5213
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3731
+1 details
When you get on the site go to wire, then hybrid wire, click spools, then click 36K/26K fused 2 core, that is what I use the most often.
#28 (permalink)      3/3/2021 11:51:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5213
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3731
+1 details
https://wireoptim.com/hybrid-wire-spools-25/
#29 (permalink)      3/3/2021 11:53:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5213
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3731
+1 details
It's 16.00-ish dollars for a 25 foot spool, but they regularly have sales. So get on the mailing list and they will send you a heads up. I have not paid full retail for a spool in a long time.
#30 (permalink)      3/3/2021 11:59:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 10877
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos16806
Got it. Thanks. Will order some now. Cant wait for a sale but can do so in future.

I did use them in 2015 when SS coils were still difficult to find in 26g and was very happy with their quality.

** Assuming you use these on both dual coil and single?

Edited on 3/3/2021 at 12:01 PM. Reason:
#31 (permalink)      3/3/2021 12:09:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5213
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3731
+2 details
Yeah depending on the single coil, but yeah mostly. The new trend with single is that big airflow single coil, but they fuck it up and put to little wicking on some of them to go 4 core or anything big... If it is a small single, MTL I might use a single 26/36 over wire clapton, but normally on the mtl I just use round wire. I do so little mtl there is no point in having the specialty size for it. The dual 28S with 36S over I have for single, but never use it.

I have there 4 core, but it's a bit to much on allot of stuff. I like it in an RDA with big airflow. In 4 core it ohms so low it's a bit much all and all. The dual 26 for me is kind of perfect for everything, if it is not good enough sometimes I will wrap the coil and then wrap a 26 gauge single wire into the spaces so it will be clapton seperated by single wire. Like a dual parallel coil, but one side is clapton, the other single wire.