shopping cart empty
@Anniepan FT's Position On USA Shipping Ban
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#61 (permalink)      3/1/2021 7:54:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 190
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos170
+2 details
I suggest folks who are interested read this recent article to get an idea of just how serious this is to the average USA vaper, and the industry:

https://vaping360.com/vape-news/108577/vape-shipping-and-the-pact-act-what-we-know-so-far/

The postal ban and PACT Act provisions will include all e-liquid and oil vaping devices, nicotine and nicotine-free e-liquids, CBD and delta-8 THC liquids and oils, and every related component, part or accessory intended for those products.

The postal agency essentially intends to add vaping products to its existing cigarette and smokeless tobacco mailing rules, with minor changes that won’t affect online vape purchasers. The rules prohibit U.S. Mail shipments from businesses to retail customers (except shipments within the states of Alaska and Hawaii), and make business-to-business (B2B) shipping very difficult.

The existing USPS rules do contain an exception that allows private individuals to mail up to 10 small (under 10 ounces) packages per month containing cigarettes or smokeless tobacco to other private individuals or to businesses. Presumably this exception will be extended to vaping products. The exception is intended for gifts or for returning defective products to a manufacturer. There are specific rules private senders must follow.

The Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking (PACT) Act was a 2009 amendment to the 1949 Jenkins Act, and was passed primarily to combat online sales of untaxed cigarettes. The 2009 law prohibits U.S. Mail delivery of cigarettes and smokeless tobacco, and requires online sellers to register with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and the tax administrators of each state...

Online retailers will be required to:

Verify age of customers using a commercially available database

Use private shipping services that collect an adult signature at the point of delivery

Register with the ATF and the U.S. Attorney General

Register with state and local tax administrators in all states and localities where business is done

Collect and pay all applicable local and state taxes, and affix any required tax stamps to the products sold

Each month, a list of all transactions must be sent to each state’s tax administrator that includes the names and addresses of each customer sold to, the quantities and type of each product sold, and the name, address, and phone number of the person delivering the shipment to the recipient

The PACT Act also imposes additional labeling, delivery and recordkeeping rules. The federal law backs up its stringent standards with severe criminal penalties that can include huge fines and even federal prison sentences. Unlike the relatively relaxed enforcement procedures of the FDA, the ATF is an actual police agency that takes its enforcement mandate seriously. Excuses like, “This is what we’ve always done and nobody complained” will fall on deaf ears, and the ATF is likely to make examples of some non-compliant retailers.

EDIT: For those who are comfortable with the possibility of continuing to order from China, remember that the only thing the government must do to pretty much defeat it, is to revoke the favorable US tax-payer subsidized break on shipping costs that Chinese merchants currently enjoy. I'm certain not many would be willing to pay the non-subsidized rates from China to the USA...

Edited on 3/1/2021 at 8:22 AM. Reason:
"We've taken care of everything, The words you read, The songs you sing, The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes"....(Priests of Syrinx, 2112 AD)
#62 (permalink)      3/1/2021 6:09:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7479
  • Reviews 316
  • Kudos4396
I don't that will happen, USA epacket affects all China-to-USA retail purchases. Vape is a tiny part of all those transactions. Would be HUGE economic blow to both China and US to halt epacket subsidies right now.

Edited on 3/1/2021 at 6:09 PM. Reason:
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#63 (permalink)      3/1/2021 6:25:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 190
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos170
vapeluvr wrote:

I don't that will happen, USA epacket affects all China-to-USA retail purchases. Vape is a tiny part of all those transactions. Would be HUGE economic blow to both China and US to halt epacket subsidies right now.

The USPS has been hemorrhaging $$ for years now, and ePacket has been in the cross-hairs before for elimination to help stabilize their budget. It has much less a chance of succeeding with the current administration, but I wouldn't want to be the one counting on the Government / politicians not cutting off their nose to spite their face..

"We've taken care of everything, The words you read, The songs you sing, The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes"....(Priests of Syrinx, 2112 AD)
#64 (permalink)      3/1/2021 6:54:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7479
  • Reviews 316
  • Kudos4396
Technomania wrote:

vapeluvr wrote:

The USPS has been hemorrhaging $$ for years now, and ePacket has been in the cross-hairs before for elimination to help stabilize their budget. It has much less a chance of succeeding with the current administration, but I wouldn't want to be the one counting on the Government / politicians not cutting off their nose to spite their face..

Naw. USPS only hemorrhages because they have to fund pensions 500 million years into the future, which no one else ever has to do private or government. USPS is doing fine. Congress is where the real USPS problem lies.

Elimination if USA epacket would do the US government way more harm than good and would really put USA on China's forever-shit list. Which is why it never gets chopped. Saying they will eliminate epacket is all just talk, bread and circuses to appease and Anti-China crowd.

Edited on 3/1/2021 at 6:55 PM. Reason:
#65 (permalink)      3/6/2021 4:08:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 190
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos170
Damn... This is just so surreal. I knew something like this has been coming since I began vaping in 2010, but every time I receive yet another recent vendor announcement regarding the shipping ban, I have a difficult time believing it's actually happening. Now, it's Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers turn:

March 5, 2021

On December 27th, 2020 the vape mail ban (S.1253) was signed into law. This new law prohibits any vapor-related products from being shipped with USPS. Following the passage of the new law, the major private delivery companies announced that they too would stop delivering vaping products, not just to homes but also to businesses. FedEx stopped shipping vape products on March 1, and UPS will stop shipping vape products on April 5. DHL had already prohibited shipping vape products domestically before this law passed.

The net effect of this ban will make it nearly impossible to ship vapor products direct-to-consumer. Therefore, we are fairly certain we will no longer be provided with the ability to ship directly to consumers and DIY'ers.

To ensure all orders are shipped out before the respective carriers' cutoff dates, we will no longer be accepting consumer orders after March 26th, 2021. Due to high order volume please allow an additional 4-7 days for your order to be processed. We advise that you get your order placed as soon as possible. If anything changes we will be sure to provide our customers with updates, but our only advice at this time is to stock up on your favorite vape products.

LNW would like to thank you for your continued support and loyalty throughout the last eight years. It has been an honor and privilege to serve the DIY and vape community with all of its needs. We are deeply saddened by this news and we wish you nothing but the best. Just know, LNW will do anything in its power to serve you in the future when the opportunity presents itself.

Edited on 3/6/2021 at 4:17 AM. Reason:
#66 (permalink)      3/6/2021 5:27:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2072
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1634
Utter madness!

The USA seems stoically intent in maintaining the inexorable free-fall from legal harm reduction to black market oblivion.

Residing outside the US, and admitting there's little we can realistically do to help, I find myself becoming increasing divorced from this debacle.

Naturally, there's always a light at the end of every tunnel, but how long it will take you guys to reach it is anyone's guess.

I can't help but think it's going to get even worse before it gets better...
#67 (permalink)      3/6/2021 7:06:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5213
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3731
The whole thing is a bit silly because we can still go to a vape shop and buy ejuice at much higher prices.
#68 (permalink)      3/6/2021 7:36:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 190
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos170
The vape shops may have an initial surge of business after the shipping ban is in effect, but with COVID waning, and more and more states lifting their mask mandates / restrictions, I'm afraid that attention to PMTA enforcement will significantly limit their available inventory in the near future...
#69 (permalink)      3/6/2021 5:54:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dave_Kat
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 2436
  • Reviews 116
  • Kudos2032
+1 details
This BS is F**ked up...

Late,
#70 (permalink)      3/8/2021 12:12:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7479
  • Reviews 316
  • Kudos4396
EternalSpline wrote:

The whole thing is a bit silly because we can still go to a vape shop and buy ejuice at much higher prices.

The whole premise behind it is to make it hard to impossible for minors to buy vape supplies. In that respect it makes perfect sense. However, IMHO, this is an attempt to totally ban vape without outright banning it.

In September we'll see what products will get accepted PMTAs. My guess is very little hardware will be accepted and only tobacco flavored ejuices will be accepted. This will put a further hurting on vaping and many B&M stores will even shut down.

What is utter bullshit is that some of the online only stores filed for PMTAs and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars, yet they will have to shut down because there will be no online shipping anymore. So they waste time and money filing these PMTAs.

Edited on 3/8/2021 at 12:19 AM. Reason:
#71 (permalink)      3/8/2021 12:17:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7479
  • Reviews 316
  • Kudos4396
Rumor is going around among retailers that the USPS ban will go into effect April 4, which is about 3 weeks before it was initially expected. That's why many of the online retailers are saying that they'll stop taking new orders the last week of March. But no one really knows for sure what the true effective date will be, though.

So if you're still stocking up, it's time to get movin'

Edited on 3/8/2021 at 1:45 AM. Reason: