shopping cart empty
@Anniepan FT's Position On USA Shipping Ban
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#221 (permalink)      3/24/2021 10:06:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4122
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4392
carrion4worm wrote:

...Unless, after more data, we realize that sucking on aluminum has doomed us all. I joke, but there may be unknowns that only present themselves after the benefit of time. So yes, we all obviously think it's a better choice, now.

What Aluminum?

Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere Proud member of the Sea Parks Fire Department
#222 (permalink)      3/24/2021 10:42:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 54
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos39
+1 details
OneBadwolf wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:

...Unless, after more data, we realize that sucking on aluminum has doomed us all. I joke, but there may be unknowns that only present themselves after the benefit of time. So yes, we all obviously think it's a better choice, now.

What Aluminum?

Maybe it's in coils?

Aluminium saucepans and cooking utensils have been sold for years... But of course children won't buy them.

This thread got weirdly side-tracked

#223 (permalink)      3/24/2021 12:58:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13070
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos20702

This thread got weirdly side-tracked

No, it was intentional and by people who have no investment in the subject of the thread. That said, good job in moving back on topic.

I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#224 (permalink)      3/24/2021 1:08:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2544
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos1364
OneBadwolf wrote:

carrion4worm wrote:

What Aluminum?

No aluminum, although that was a thing here once, best we forget about it. It was an "in" joke, I suppose.

And a bad one. I'm sorry.

I know words...I have the best words.
#225 (permalink)      4/1/2021 9:17:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 194
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos172
Here's an example of a recent order I saw posted elsewhere showing "the elephant in the room" on how the USA shipping ban / PACT Act will affect many folks wallet when ordering online in the States:

Cart Subtotal: $19.95

Shipping (Adult Signature): $15.40

MA State Vapor Tax: $14.96
MA State Tax: $3.14

Total Tax: $18.10

Order Total: $53.45

OUTRAGEOUS for purchasing $19.95 USD in vape-goods! (Some States and localities will be even higher)

Edited on 4/1/2021 at 10:38 AM. Reason:
"We've taken care of everything, The words you read, The songs you sing, The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes"....(Priests of Syrinx, 2112 AD)
#226 (permalink)      5/9/2021 4:16:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mobinh
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos14
djvillan wrote:

vapeluvr wrote:It's overhttps://www.fasttech.com/forums/vapers/t/3128021/usa-total-vape-ban-in-progress-credit-cardThat's going to be the ticket to shut things down for us.... I just attempted to place an order at the 3 place, and was only presented with the single option of paying with a CC. The card I use for overseas online purchases was declined, and my order cancelled by the 3 place. I opened a ticket to see if CS could throw an order / alternate payment my way, and was told that their PP account is ENTIRELY shut-down, and suggested I use another CC. I will not play CC roulette with my cards for sketchy international purchases, and will stick to the one designated for that purpose.... Looks like I won't be purchasing from there until they sort things out.. I also cannot make purchases at all from two other Chinese online stores I've dealt with for years..

Same thing happened to me with 2 different cards. 1 Visa, 1 Master.

#227 (permalink)      5/9/2021 4:24:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mobinh
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos14
djvillan wrote:

Technomania wrote:Our banks have nothing to do with it according to the 3 place's CS:I have checked for you, your payment is rejected by our agent directly as they throught the payment is in high risk of unauthorized.As an ex banker of over 20 years I can tell you 3's CS is wrong. Their agent (bank) is trying to request money from your bank. Your bank is rejecting the transaction because your bank thinks it's an unauthorized attempt on your account.

No, you're wrong. I experienced the same issue. I was in contact with my bank while I tried to make the payment. Other than a wrong PIN on one attempt, Nothing showed up on my bank's end.

#228 (permalink)      5/9/2021 4:29:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mobinh
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 34
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos14
This is stupid. Begging businesses to take our cash. Like repeatedly begging... I was actually feeling embarrassed on my 11th back and forth with the thrreeefv CS guy, like I was being unreasonable!

I will not attempt to guess how hard or easy it would be for the China based e-cig stores to arrange some legit payment partners but they should have seen it coming. They had time.

Edited on 5/9/2021 at 4:31 PM. Reason: addendum
#229 (permalink)      5/9/2021 9:11:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 174
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos26
It is very confusing.. In the last two months.., id say, half my orders were cancelled with 3f and half weren't.. Bottom line, you have to contact them with Western Union approach if your cards don't work but as they are becoming more diverse with the products they sell (like FT does) so, Idk, it should start getting easier..