shopping cart empty
If you were to keep only 3 RTA’s....
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      12/29/2020 3:31:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skeeeets
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 10311
  • Reviews 257
  • Kudos6632
I can only say it's old gold. People want to spend money continuely, that's their problem. I stopped buying new shit after I realized those rtas were my vice. Then..... Life happened and I'm back to cigarettes... But I find myself once in a while rebuilding my tube rta and taking some puffs.... The BB is my more recent vapes but I still find myself back to the tube and stick battery.
In a drop top Chevy with the roof wide open, my partners looking at me to see if my eyes open cause I've been drankin and I've Been smokin'
#22 (permalink)      12/29/2020 3:41:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MarcF
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 963
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos1415
+3 details
I like tube mechs.....still have a copper SMPL with that dripper and handmade coils.
But as I should have mentionned, I know many around me that spent small fortunes of the latest things that came out, and frankly, they all tasted the same to me. Never was a big fan of the taste with vaping if compared to tobacco. So, once a year, I buy myself a very good cigar...just one. And I enjoy it very much. But having lost 45% of my lung capacity in the last 70 years, in my case I know that If I had continued my 2 packs a day habit, I'd be dead by now. Or close to. And with that virus going around, I'm pretty sure it would be fatal to me. So I play it safe. I survived years of heroin, morphine, cocaine and tobacco. Never touched alcohol. Never was addicted to anything, except tobacco.
#23 (permalink)      12/29/2020 4:11:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FrankieS
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 720
  • Reviews 211
  • Kudos347
FaisalAlroqi wrote:

Hi, between dvarw fl dl Kayfun V5, scylla what's the best one for flavor. I vape custard and used haar rta but the flavor is muted. i vape like you RDL:)

Scylla provides a touch less flavor than the other 2, but barely noticeable. However, it has a lot of innovations, and is an amazingly easy RTA to build. Dvarw and Kayfun v5 have many different characteristics. But they both provide very close flavor intensity, in my opinion of course. You couldn’t loose with either of the 3. If you like excellent flavor, juiceflow control and top fill Kayfun v5 is the right choice, and if you like a flavor chaser with many extras and options, and don’t mind the bottom fill, go with Dvarw. And for ease of build, top fill and operation, Scylla will be the right one.
For custard flavors, Skyline is another excellent RTA choice, and one of the best.
My most recent favorite RTA however, is the Avatar, or Avat in FT. It pretty much excels in all areas and beats almost anything I have tried to date. I have not tried Custard based flavors with it. But I am sure the vapers, who have could give you feedback if you are interested.

Edited on 12/29/2020 at 4:21 AM. Reason:
#24 (permalink)      12/29/2020 4:30:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FaisalAlroqi
  • JoinedSep 2019
  • Posts 36
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos9
FrankieS wrote:

FaisalAlroqi wrote:Hi, between dvarw fl dl Kayfun V5, scylla what's the best one for flavor. I vape custard and used haar rta but the flavor is muted. i vape like you RDL:)Scylla provides a touch less flavor than the other 2, but barely noticeable. However, it has a lot of innovations, and is an amazingly easy RTA to build. Dvarw and Kayfun v5 have many different characteristics. But they both provide very close flavor intensity, in my opinion of course. You couldn’t loose with either of the 3. If you like excellent flavor, juiceflow control and top fill Kayfun v5 is the right choice, and if you like a flavor chaser with many extras and options, and don’t mind the bottom fill, go with Dvarw. And for ease of build, top fill and operation, Scylla will be the right one. For custard flavors, Skyline is another excellent RTA choice, and one of the best. My most recent favorite RTA however, is the Avatar, or Avat in FT. It pretty much excels in all areas and beats almost anything I have tried to date. I have not tried Custard based flavors with it. But I am sure the vapers, who have could give you feedback if you are interested.

Thank you. I lean to dvarw fl dl but it's loud and noisy rta. is the other 2 same loud or smooth?

#25 (permalink)      12/29/2020 7:15:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15229
  • Reviews 381
  • Kudos29192
+2 details
Lite 2019 24mm
Glaz Mini
A random Dvarw (probably the 24mm MTL or a 16mm)
#26 (permalink)      12/29/2020 8:15:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2159
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1699
+1 details
A difficult question to answer definitively, as it's largely down to what's currently in my relatively small atty rotation right now. It doesn't take into account good performers from the past, or more recent RTAs that have yet to come into use. So, in no particular order (all MTL, with 1mm equivalent airflow btw)...

Dvarw FL 22mm
NOI
Taifun GTR (24mm clone version)

Skeeeets wrote:

People want to spend money continuely, that's their problem.

Depends upon their disposable income really. There are far more expensive vices out there that people 'waste' their hard-earned on every day, that's for sure. However, if one is reasonably minted, even a regular flow of originals and copies hardly scratches the financial surface in my experience.

As for an 'addiction' to kit, I firmly believe that's largely driven by YouTube, and the desire to 'keep up'. Some are swept up in the current, others not.

The only thing I do find daft though, is the regular assertions from those purporting to review, claiming the latest release is 'the best thing since sliced bread'. Bollocks! Flavour performance in RTAs hit it's ceiling quite a while ago now. At the top of the tree, they're all largely the same if built correctly, with minute differences only discernible with the type of e-liquid one prefers (some lean a little towards fruits, others suit tobaccos, etc.)

#27 (permalink)      12/29/2020 8:37:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15229
  • Reviews 381
  • Kudos29192
+3 details
But I hope I can keep all my RDAs ;) =D
#28 (permalink)      12/29/2020 10:11:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Technomania
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 198
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos182
+1 details
Technomania wrote:

I'll need to think some on two of them, but one for certain for me is the (sadly discontinued) Kayfun Mini V3 Plus. I always have a couple within reach ready to enjoy..

For my preferred MTL vaping, if I were only able to have three RTA's, they would be:

Atmizoo Tripod

Kayfun Prime

Kayfun Mini V3 Plus

There are others I enjoy as well, such as the Dvarw v2 / FL, Rose V2 / V3, Taifun GTR, Ares V2 LE, etc.. All quite good with their own strengths / weaknesses, but I went by which 3 RTA's I would miss most out of what I've owned...

EDIT, This could all change at a drop of a hat as other new RTA's arrive of course... ;) I have a good feeling about the SXK GG Perseus clone that's on the way, as well as an eye on the new Thunderhead Creations MTL coming soon.. Will they be worlds better than any others? Probably not.. but I enjoy trying them.. :)

Edited on 2/9/2021 at 8:05 AM. Reason:
"We've taken care of everything, The words you read, The songs you sing, The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes"....(Priests of Syrinx, 2112 AD)
#29 (permalink)      12/29/2020 11:13:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4276
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos16018
+3 details
cilika wrote:

But I hope I can keep all my RDAs ;) =D

I keep everything but Dvarws in a big box 😂

If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#30 (permalink)      12/29/2020 11:15:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2766
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1462
+1 details
Taifun GTIV w/ SteamTuners drop kit

QP Design Fatality M25

SXK Avatar clone w/ extension tank

One dual coil fire breather 25mm

One single coil DL 25mm

One single coil rdl mtl 22mm

Honorable mention: Dvarw FL DL 24mm

Edited on 12/29/2020 at 11:17 AM. Reason:
I know words...I have the best words.
#31 (permalink)      12/29/2020 11:21:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15229
  • Reviews 381
  • Kudos29192
+1 details
So is the Avatar good, Carrion?
I kept away from it maybe because it reminded me of the Bastard. Which was nice for a couple of days but after it caused only troubles ...