The worst thing about vaping
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      12/10/2020 3:27:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12050
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32078
+4 details

'K...
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#32 (permalink)      12/10/2020 4:29:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bangaroo
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 82
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos87
+1 details
WACKY/h .yeah I know going off course again .. ANDY/L ... Wylie had a giggle with the cryptic meaning of (ccp) I hope .. its not the peeps its the party .. cheers
#33 (permalink)      12/10/2020 5:18:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
martinc
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 7022
  • Reviews 309
  • Kudos3959
+2 details
WHEN YOU HAD THE BUY BUG, HAVE AN EXTENSIVE COLLECTION, STOP VAPING AND DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT TO DO WITH THE STASH
non nobis, Domine, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
#34 (permalink)      12/10/2020 8:42:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7707
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4504
+2 details
martinc wrote:

WHEN YOU HAD THE BUY BUG, HAVE AN EXTENSIVE COLLECTION, STOP VAPING AND DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT TO DO WITH THE STASH

If you live in the USA you can sell stuff via ECF and VU forums. You can sell on reddit, too, but only accept paypal friends and family, no exceptions - lots of crooked buyers on reddit.

But if shipping isn't appealing to you, local classified sites might work but many of these classified sites are not vape friendly.

Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#35 (permalink)      12/10/2020 9:04:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ibelial
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 411
  • Reviews 314
  • Kudos177
+2 details
New2vape wrote:

surprised no one said "forgetting to cap the dripper after juicing it and feel the lip heat"

Damn!! I'd forgotten about that one. I've left coil prints on my lips a few times, hissing & popping. Not pleasant & I feel like a complete idiot everytime it happens, lol.

#36 (permalink)      12/11/2020 6:35:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Boriths
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 389
  • Reviews 122
  • Kudos191
+2 details
martinc wrote:

That's easy....you pass it on, to several smokers, and help them quit.

Not politically correct, so WHEN I offend you...tough titties....and merry christmas ;P
#37 (permalink)      12/11/2020 7:07:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4721
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2849
+4 details
Boriths wrote:

martinc wrote:
That's easy....you pass it on, to several smokers, and help them quit.

Very good answer! I try to keep a tally of people that i have "influenced" to quit smoking. Old gear to you is brand new to someone else. Many long time smokers need a little "push", ya know? Expensive gear is another story , but most of us have plenty of "beaters" that we could do without.

What does he mean when he says words?
#38 (permalink)      12/11/2020 7:36:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4721
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2849
+1 details
mrjohs wrote:

Leaking. Tanks are still designed the way they more or less always have been and are susceptible to the same issues. RDA's still just have a hole on the side and, obeying the laws of physics, will pour out the juice when tilted. I don't care if YOUR tank has never leaked, or if I am "holding it wrong", it is still a potential and very realistic issue which holds back a lot of smokers from converting and is paid little attention to by the industry.

Some examples of innovations in this regards I would like to see more of:

* RDA airflow designs like the Vega RDA (SKU 9726141).
* RDA airflow designs like the Convergent RDA (SKU 9661717). On this one the air channels are raised slightly above the deck, so when you tilt the RDA the juice will flow underneath the air holes. The intention of this design might not be to prevent leaking, but in practice it does to some degree. Taking a bit further it could make for a pretty leak safe RDA.
* Use some kind of gel or paste instead of juice. This could kill leaking totally. I think this has been tried in the past with little success, but it could possibly work with more research and development put into it.

I hear you, and you make a very valid point...but- many, more simple and traditional rdas have better all around performance than the Vega RDA (which has been done before). Imagine a new vaper over dripping/squonking and filling those air channels under the top cap-a loud, slurpy mess will result, and is a common complaint of this rda. I like the rda, but its definitely NOT for beginners...

I think that simple is simple, and no one should have juice sloshing around in their rda. the proper amount of cotton absorbs it, and a squonk pulls excess back. I dont think this problem is widespread, so if you are getting juice pouring out, you need to adjust your technique. I like innovation too, but i like good performance and nice looks above all. I squonk everyday to some degree, and I can say we don't have your issue with RDAs- you are flooding them.

But your point in general remains valid. Newcomers, and oldies learning new styles, all need good products and PEOPLE for technical help, knowledge and encouragement. That's how we put those "sticks" down!

#39 (permalink)      12/12/2020 9:05:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7707
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4504
+2 details
I'd say the worst thing about vaping is hand checks.
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#40 (permalink)      12/12/2020 9:35:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pronoob
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 492
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos223
+1 details
the unending chase of the ultimate gear/flavor which makes it harder to stop since you spent to much money on that collection you now have.
EDit:and buying spares you almost never use.

Edited on 12/12/2020 at 9:38 AM. Reason:
#41 (permalink)      12/12/2020 11:12:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4721
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2849
+1 details
Random Handcheck! (It's not bad as gassing humans, but close.)
The mod is an oldie, Vaping Architect "Arkon" 18650 squonk with DB mods "Royal" reproduction.