Best shipping method to Canada today?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      10/31/2020 5:15:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12707
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19296
+1 details
I hate the postal deep never ending hole of Mississauga.

I had one there for 3 weeks during the first blast of Covid.

Bizarre story about the missing envelope.
Likely was lost in Mississauga. 😂
#12 (permalink)      11/1/2020 4:03:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SirTimmyTimbit
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 813
  • Reviews 181
  • Kudos764
+1 details
Placed an order on Oct 7. Chose free shipping because epacket has been slooooowwww

FT shipped it on the 12th via Canada Express ePacket, for free.

Package landed at BC on the 28th. Got delivered to Toronto on the 30th. Never seen a package move this fast from BC -> ON.

Also the tracking updates were different than normal epacket updates.

Edited on 11/1/2020 at 4:04 AM. Reason:
Dark Theme for Fastttech: https://goo.gl/Y3uKbw ¦¦¦¦ Last updated: May 26, 2020.
#13 (permalink)      11/1/2020 4:21:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12707
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19296
^ ^ Ah, good to know as the later package I did send via Canada Express ePacket although it wont ship yet for 2 more days.

An earlier one, shipped via SingPost. Almost cancelled that one as I found the same item here for just $5 more after I had paid for it but was too busy and didn't get to it in time, so hope that one does not take 3 months. 😂
#14 (permalink)      11/7/2020 10:09:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12707
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19296
Purchased a couple of things last week.

One order shipped a week ago,Canada Express ePacket, but now has left Dongguanshi, CN, twice, several days apart 😂

Another one left SingPost 4 days ago but as of yet is not showing up in any system.

Going to hold off on a couple more packages until I see definite movement on their end 🥺

Edit. No, it seems they sent both Canada Express ePacket although one I did specify SingPost as the route. Ah well. We will see.

Edited on 11/7/2020 at 10:15 AM. Reason:
#15 (permalink)      11/10/2020 4:47:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12707
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19296
Oh well, one package down that didn't make it through the security check, using Canada express ePacket.

Was offered to resend it via PostNl once it returned but I hear that it is painfully slow so Lost Vape Grus cancelled.

Guess we are back to Covid shipping problems. 😔

Edited on 11/10/2020 at 4:49 AM. Reason:
#16 (permalink)      11/14/2020 9:02:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12707
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19296
So 2 out of 2 packages to Canada are not doing well.
First one failed, and FT returned my money.

This one ordered the same day has apparently left 3x for Canada the last 2 weeks.

My mistake as I could have bought it at home for just a few dollars more but didn't realize that until afterwards.

Nov. 15 5:29 am
International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada
Cnszxd, China
Nov. 6 12:07 am
Cnszxd, China
Nov. 2 9:20 pm
Cnszxd, China

#17 (permalink)      11/15/2020 6:45:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
steamer861
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 111
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos103
+1 details
Still.Me wrote:

My mistake as I could have bought it at home for just a few dollars more but didn't realize that until afterwards.

I have been buying local a lot more lately also! There are several Canadian sites offering Free or reduced shipping rate, the total price works out all most the same as FT!

I'v all ways used E-Packet to Canada & from 6 to 15 days has turned into the better part of one month to receive Packages :)

#18 (permalink)      11/15/2020 11:44:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12707
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19296
+1 details
Agreed ^ ^ ^
to

I don't think that the second one will get through and at least for the next little while I will just buy at home.
Had done that a bit more the last 6 months but I tend to buy 90% of my items simply due to window shopping here.

If I have to spend time looking elsewhere, I rarely do and don't buy the item but will have to make effort in the future to do.

Picked up a couple Yihi SX Minis on sale, elsewhere and the first one has been sitting in transit for a week already, waiting to leave the country. So will see if it does.
They use Wanbexpress, which I haven't used before and although its Canada e-packet, nothing is showing up yet in Canada Post.
#19 (permalink)      11/15/2020 3:33:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
furcifernova
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 3305
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos2783
I decided to save $4 instead of using prime because I didn't need it right away. Huge mistake.

I think they must prioritize some of the budget shipping methods. I've had several packages show up on the very last "expected by" delivery date. It's like they just shelve some packages until they have to deliver them. The chances of having 2 or 3 packages randomly being delivered on the exact date seem slim to none.
At no point in Trump's rambling, incoherent 1 term presidency was there anything close to what could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the country is now dumber for having experienced it.
#20 (permalink)      1/18/2021 6:09:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
liminted
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2017
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos2
Does anyone have any experience with PostNL to Canada? I swear I ordered via. EPacket, but then one of the items in my order was out of stock, so when I swapped the item they shipped using PostNL. I've only ever used EPacket, and gotten the packages within 2 weeks every time. Hopefully I'm not gonna be waiting an absurd amount of time.