shopping cart empty
One more unicorn crossed off my list...what's yours?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      11/2/2020 8:18:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2285
  • Reviews 261
  • Kudos1179
+2 details
This is one of the rare occasion where I feel satisfied with a purchase like this. I also got A Sunbox Zero Boro 18650, and although I do like many things about it, the Dicodes was underwhelming- mainly because I expected too much. People going around saying how great it is in various modder communities and such...it's nothing close to the DNA color series, but its OK if you just run one atty with unchanged settings. The mod itself is good quality PA12 and stainless steel, but the fire button is uncomfortably low and well, the SXK Supbox is much better design, dual purpose, DNA60, and 200.00 cheaper.

So yeah, a little disappointed with the Zero Boro, but I'm sure the next wave of Boro products that are coming will fix a lot of the issues. I dont buy a whole lot of expensive vape gear, I could buy more i guess but I refuse to buy second hand items unless I can hold them...I dont trust people that much. Luckily there are several great vendors throughout the world with excellent service and shipping options!

If anyone sees the ASVAPE Walking Dead mod...please post here. Let's find another member's unicorn. A good search can be quite fun and rewarding...if you find it.

-SAmba, have you seen the KWH bf16? (i think that's what it's called) The next batch sign up is on the KWH website.
Insert idiotic mantra here.
#12 (permalink)      11/2/2020 9:15:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SambaBugatti
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 377
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos287
+1 details
Thanks for the Tip, carrion4worm, it is a nice Mod, but 2 Things I don't like about it: 3D printed Plastic and it is designed for the Dvarw only. I think a FEV VS or a Aiolos won't fit. And for Dvarw only it is to expensive for me.
#13 (permalink)      11/2/2020 9:25:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8372
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos30519
+3 details
carrion4worm wrote:

-SAmba, have you seen the KWH bf16? (i think that's what it's called) The next batch sign up is on the KWH website.

Damn, I like that one. 26cm thick seems a bit silly for a 16mm atty though. Goes in the "somewhat kinda wishlist" folder.

#14 (permalink)      11/2/2020 8:26:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4111
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4380
+2 details
jackdripper wrote:

I mostly use tubes/mech mods and unfortunately I no longer believe in unicorns. I've had tubes that cost $200+ and they didn't perform any better than a cheap SMPL clone. Some of them were actually much worse.

I applaud your honesty. You are one of the very few mech users that admits that the emperor is wearing no clothes.

I just dusted off a mech for the first time in a couple of years, to see if a higher output spec ed batt would make any significant difference. Not really.

Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere Proud member of the Sea Parks Fire Department
#15 (permalink)      11/2/2020 9:39:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2285
  • Reviews 261
  • Kudos1179
I can honestly say that the most is ever paid for a TUBE mech is 130.00 for a Kennedy. Then I bought a 25.00 clone from another vendor of the same mod, well, different shape but still a Vindicator switch. Really opened my eyes to clones in general, and of course, greed in general. There is no world where I would say 400.00 for a tube mech isn't highway robbery. It's like," Either you have a lathe or you don't, don't make me buy the lathe, too!" lol.

Yeah, basically mechs are more battery than anything else. There are some good experiments by Mooch where he runs volts through brass, copper, silver, etc. Sometimes, depending on build, the difference can seem to be almost nil. I bought silver internals for my Driptech DS, and that was 35.00 that looks good, and is easier to keep clean, but negligible to performance.
#16 (permalink)      11/3/2020 11:42:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AkeLLa13
  • JoinedDec 2018
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
My Unicorn right now is the Carbon Topside.. Nowhere to find, except overpriced lots in amazon or ebays..
#17 (permalink)      11/4/2020 1:12:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2072
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1634
AkeLLa13 wrote:

My Unicorn right now is the Carbon Topside.. Nowhere to find, except overpriced lots in amazon or ebays..

If I remember rightly, TVC did mention they were only going to produce a limited run of that particular finish, albeit in different colours. You might like to do a trawl of websites for high street vendors. They sometimes have limited stock of stuff that's long-since sold out everywhere else.

#18 (permalink)      11/4/2020 2:39:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3894
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7765
+1 details
AkeLLa13 wrote:

I was very lucky to get one for the bargain price of £67 (carbon red) when some site (ali maybe?) Had them on sale! Brilliant mod.
My own unicorn... the SX mini G class in black carbon appears to be sold out.... even at full price... everywhere!

#19 (permalink)      11/4/2020 2:42:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3894
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7765
+3 details
Are we allowed two unicorns? My other unicorn is the VGME X PIPE clone. Definitely not going to pay that joker who makes the original $700 for a piece of mishapen wood! 😆
SKU 9644401

Edited on 11/4/2020 at 2:45 AM. Reason:
#20 (permalink)      2/24/2021 9:52:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2285
  • Reviews 261
  • Kudos1179
Vicious Ant Club as well. Thank you.
#21 (permalink)      3/13/2021 12:31:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15132
  • Reviews 380
  • Kudos29149
If I dig in my mind I can find one. Not really something to buy ready, rather to make it or have it made.
A very low profile SBS frame something like this one:

But instead of the threads for your tube with a 510 connector. Of course, instead of the spring with a brass plate and overall better inner parts in the base.

In SS, brass, copper, with swappable parts and bits for different lengths. =D