shopping cart empty
One more unicorn crossed off my list...what's yours?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/28/2020 11:15:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2285
  • Reviews 261
  • Kudos1179
+6 details
One more unicorn crossed off my list...what's yours?
So when I started aquonking, the "mainstream" had just seen the release of the Kanger Dripbox, pretty much the first mass market squonk. The only choice was the high end market (term used loosely), where there are tons of choices, especially for the squonk-lover...

....so I made a list, constantly revised and updated, because many of my list are hard to obtain, be it Facebook groups, quick strikes, low production runs and /or high price... On this list are some of what I consider the "cream of the crop" in the squonk/vape world.

Today I got one more...thanks to Phil@stabwood mods! Vicious Ant Club Omega Dna75c. A aquonking Billet Box lol...brilliant!

Edited on 10/28/2020 at 11:22 AM. Reason:
Insert idiotic mantra here.
#2 (permalink)      10/28/2020 12:54:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8372
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos30519
+4 details
Hadn't seen that concept before, rather cool. Does it work with any RDA, or is it a proprietary thing?

I like other people's unicorns, it's fun seeing people be happy with fancy vape gear. I don't have that anymore, I think. Been obsessed with finding the most lightweight gear, the Tesla Wye85 with a Dvarw on top fits that perfectly for me, and I just don't see anything anymore that interests me.

My unicorn is more about flavor now. A good greengage flavor to be exact. A true unicorn, as in it doesn't seem to exist.
#3 (permalink)      10/28/2020 1:48:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2462
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos4095
+6 details
I'm not into high end or expensive mods so i never looked into that category. My unicorn is a bit more affordable but nowhere to be found.
The Asvape Walking dead

Edited on 10/28/2020 at 1:49 PM. Reason:
We can't agree on everything.
#4 (permalink)      10/28/2020 1:53:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
jackdripper
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 1969
  • Reviews 322
  • Kudos8031
+6 details
That's a sweet setup carrion4worm. I mostly use tubes/mech mods and unfortunately I no longer believe in unicorns. I've had tubes that cost $200+ and they didn't perform any better than a cheap SMPL clone. Some of them were actually much worse.

airwinny wrote:

greengage

You must be plum tired of searching... I think you might be plum out of luck... pitiful plum puns... I'll see myself out...

Sometimes I think I can spell. Then I read what I wrote and know that I cantpf
#5 (permalink)      10/28/2020 2:18:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2285
  • Reviews 261
  • Kudos1179
It has a recessed 510 and an 18mm opening...it's meant to be proprietary, but it appears a dvarw 18 will work in a side by side style setup. I'm sure any 18mm atty will work, but this little "airlab" style rda (the Omega) is just fine...my first build is mini alien at .5 ohms, running at 45 watts...dreamy.
#6 (permalink)      10/28/2020 3:02:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Wylie
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 5644
  • Reviews 77
  • Kudos3644
carrion4worm wrote:

So when I started aquonking, the "mainstream" had just seen the release of the Kanger Dripbox, pretty much the first mass market squonk. The only choice was the high end market (term used loosely), where there are tons of choices, especially for the squonk-lover.......so I made a list, constantly revised and updated, because many of my list are hard to obtain, be it Facebook groups, quick strikes, low production runs and /or high price... On this list are some of what I consider the "cream of the crop" in the squonk/vape world.Today I got one more...thanks to Phil@stabwood mods! Vicious Ant Club Omega Dna75c. A aquonking Billet Box lol...brilliant!

Damn it man, you made me look!

Always keep your ear to the ground!
#7 (permalink)      10/28/2020 3:29:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5213
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos3731
"The Asvape Walking dead"

What no way, I always wanted that one too! Now it is big, and heavy right compared to what most people are using now. I sort of lost interest over time in it.

He made me look too, it looks like an interesting little setup. I had seen it before, but forgot how it worked and what the deck looked like.

My unicorn now is kind of simple just a DNA 250C mod that I like the look of. Dual 18650 or dual 21700.

My old unicorn was also simple it was the V1 double barrel mod. I have it now, and I almost never use it because the chip is kind of meh it just doesn't hit like my other mods. I have luckily never been into actual high end gear, because I don't have the budget for being into it. The VA stuff is really cool, even not being into high end gear it's nice.

I also really want the Druga Foxy 150W but with the wooden doors. I know not really a unicorn right...
#8 (permalink)      11/1/2020 11:09:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2285
  • Reviews 261
  • Kudos1179
I've used this thing quite a bit in the last week, and so far it's truly excellent. It's kinda hard to imagine that no one has taken a stab at their own version of this idea. The squonk bottle is typical high end- thick, somewhat firm silicone that releases a lot of juice upon a full press. This device has to be learned, or the small internal rda will flood, causing liquid to leak from the front-mounted air slot. I have had no issues, but then again I am not an oversquonker. About a quarter press will completely saturate the cotton, resulting in 3 solid, fully saturated puffs before the need to squonk again.

The bottle system is fast and clean, but Vicious Ant only. no generic squonk bottles will work due to the slide/track style system used in the Spade squonk series. No button rattles, loose panels, or any defects at all...i believe they actually qc their products, lol.

the rda spins into the top of the mod until flush with the top of the mod. There is air flow adjustment by a sliding allen key that works well but does not move unintentionally. 3mm coils fit, aliens and claptons no problem. Custom dna theme that is surprisingly legible and clearly laid out...Replay included. Overall im quite pleased...my second favorite mod to date.

Sure, maybe this isn't for everyone, but if I was going to buy a nice mod for around the house and special occasions- this would be a good choice. Some mods cost a lot of money, but this mod LOOKS like it costs a lot of money.
...And the variations and colors available are breathtaking. Photos later.
#9 (permalink)      11/2/2020 2:26:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SambaBugatti
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 377
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos287
The Unicorn I'm still chasing is a wooden SBS Mod aimed at 16-18 mm Atty's with a 18350 Battery. Best with a ventilated Cage for the Atty so You get no Airflow Problems. I think that would be the perfect Mod for being outside in the Summer.
#10 (permalink)      11/2/2020 3:03:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2072
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos1634
+1 details
I'm quite the opposite... can't honestly say I have any 'unicorns'.

Certainly over the last eight years, there's been a few mods and the occasional atty that I've wanted, and for one reason or another missed out on. But I've simply moved on, as there will always be other nice/useful/well-made kit that pop up into the future.

I think it's nice that a few folk keep in touch with the second-hand market, and pick up something difficult to obtain from a few years ago though. And I do sometimes wonder if that 'unicorn' today actually matches the expectations they had of the kit at the time.

But for me, unicorns? No, not really.
#11 (permalink)      11/2/2020 8:18:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2285
  • Reviews 261
  • Kudos1179
+2 details
This is one of the rare occasion where I feel satisfied with a purchase like this. I also got A Sunbox Zero Boro 18650, and although I do like many things about it, the Dicodes was underwhelming- mainly because I expected too much. People going around saying how great it is in various modder communities and such...it's nothing close to the DNA color series, but its OK if you just run one atty with unchanged settings. The mod itself is good quality PA12 and stainless steel, but the fire button is uncomfortably low and well, the SXK Supbox is much better design, dual purpose, DNA60, and 200.00 cheaper.

So yeah, a little disappointed with the Zero Boro, but I'm sure the next wave of Boro products that are coming will fix a lot of the issues. I dont buy a whole lot of expensive vape gear, I could buy more i guess but I refuse to buy second hand items unless I can hold them...I dont trust people that much. Luckily there are several great vendors throughout the world with excellent service and shipping options!

If anyone sees the ASVAPE Walking Dead mod...please post here. Let's find another member's unicorn. A good search can be quite fun and rewarding...if you find it.

-SAmba, have you seen the KWH bf16? (i think that's what it's called) The next batch sign up is on the KWH website.