Yihi 10th Anniversary?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      10/10/2020 6:49:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2646
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2115
+2 details
Still.Me wrote:

^ ^ Thats right. Now I recall the order of succession.

I purchased the Q class which came out just before the Q Mini. Loved that one but it gave out on me after 2 years, around the same time that the ML class finally began to, although it was a year plus older than the Q.

The Q-Mini was the 'refreshed' replacement for the original Q-Class a year or so earlier. Many unkindly said at the time, that the Mini was what the Q should have been. I actually rather liked the larger Q though, along with the option of changing the panels (something one couldn't do with the updated Mini) and the motion sensor for screen orientation.

Still.Me wrote:

The M class, older than both by another year, kept on going although it was my least favourite.

The M-Class was very much like the Q-Class and the Q-Mini, insofar as people critically claimed at the time that the M-Class was what the S-Class should have been. However, the M was what essentially formed Yihi's reputation of building mods that were difficult to kill. My own M-Class has long-since been retired, yet still works perfectly after a hard life!

Still.Me wrote:

I think that the G class came out shortly after they did a model with what looked like a spinner thingy at the top?! At which point I sort of shied away from their busier looking mods.

That would be the T-Class, which was the following 'flagship' mod that replaced the G-Class. And yes, those damned spinners effectively killed it stone dead. I was reliably told at a later date, that sales of the T were (unsurprisingly) very disappointing, and nothing approaching those of the G.

Still.Me wrote:

Toying with picking up that 18650 version, the one before the ML class. Maybe.

I'm guessing you mean the MX-Class, which as a single 18650 mod, finally replaced the older ML-Class. Eminently suitable for those lower power users who don't like the size of dual-battery mods. Other than people's differing tastes in design aesthetics, I've heard very little criticism of it. :-)

Edited on 10/10/2020 at 6:51 AM. Reason: Typo
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#12 (permalink)      10/10/2020 7:09:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
+1 details
...so it's not just their menu system that's confusing...thanks analogue for sorting that out a bit. When I started vaping, I remember the G class was the "it" mod...it was high end for those who didn't know a high end market existed. If I find an appropriate color, I may just pick one up- it definitely has pedigree.
What does he mean when he says words?
#13 (permalink)      10/10/2020 7:38:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12702
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19283
+2 details
MX Class. Yes, that is the one. Would have preferred a better battery option but as an extra mod I think it might be worth picking up.

I know a lot of people feel that the SX menu is confusing. Suppose I am used to it but yes, the ML I have now is more confusing than the earlier button models.

My original M Class was still working well as of about 6 months ago when I let it go to someone else.

I do like the G class but have enough mods I use at home. Really only in the market for small light ones I can fit in my pocket outside but ...the price is good on the MX so might be worth a pickup.

T Class = Uggggggly. ๐Ÿ˜‚
#14 (permalink)      10/10/2020 8:04:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2646
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2115
+2 details
carrion4worm wrote:

If I find an appropriate color, I may just pick one up- it definitely has pedigree.

Going from memory, the different versions were as follows...

First Release - Black Carbon Fibre, Black Leather, and Brown Leather.

Second Release - Blue Camo, Green Camo, and Beige Camo.

Third Release - All-Black Kevlar, Black Kevlar (with blue flecks), and Black Kevlar (with red flecks).

Fourth Release - Gold Edition (Special Edition).

Fifth (and final) Release - Black & Gold (Limited Edition).

In terms of pedigree, solely going on my own experience, I'm still using an original Black Carbon Fibre from the first batch to hit the UK. And apart from using a rubber skin to protect the finish (at work), it's probably the most used mod I've ever owned, and hasn't skipped a heartbeat since day one.

Edited on 10/10/2020 at 8:08 AM. Reason:
#15 (permalink)      10/10/2020 8:35:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12702
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19283
Selling out of the G Class quickly. All I see if looking at the same spot is the Green Forest one still left.
#16 (permalink)      10/10/2020 8:50:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+2 details
Still.Me wrote:

aka the No Class. ๐Ÿ˜‚

#17 (permalink)      10/10/2020 9:14:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pewpew
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 2652
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1094
vapeluvr wrote:

Dunno what is more priceless, the product itself or the associated comment ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜›

systemrq wrote:

Hmm this was a really expensive soldiering station connected to a bong. I made one of these my self about 15 years ago it worked really nice. BUT don't Buy this...Buy a cheap soldering station and a disk solder tip and what ever bong or jar that you want to use as a smoke "vapor ;)"chamber. connect the solder handle to the bowl and turn on the station. PS. many solder handles can be shortened easy so you don't have to have the whole handle but a little connector at the end just like on this. DS.

The answer to 1984 is 1973 ยง Panasonic or Samsung - that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer.
#18 (permalink)      10/10/2020 9:16:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2646
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2115
+1 details
Still.Me wrote:

djvillan wrote:

๐Ÿ˜‚aka the No Class. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Can't argue with either of you on that one! LOL!!

#19 (permalink)      10/10/2020 10:52:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3752
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5456
+2 details
That's an excellent SX-mini assessment analogueman!

Yihi's very first mod (the S-class) was flawed by design. They didn't allow the travel necessary on the 510 pin, so atty's could sit flush. They also used a slotted 510 pin that got them into a warranty issue, as ppl tried to a adjust the pin and ended up breaking off the positive wire.

They did remedy both problems with the introduction of the M-class by making the mod 2mm taller and using a solid 510 pin. This was also their first foray into TC, But their algorithm was lousy, causing excessive voltage drop resulting in horrible battery sag, made that mode useless.

My favorite is the G-class, it's been in continuous service since 2017. My only pet-peeve, is waiting on the two bootloader screens (after a battery swap) before finally being able to fire the mod.

Love the look of the X-class and would've happily picked one up at the discounted price. But that "auto squonk" system with a 3.8 ml capacity is ridiculous for a dual battery 200w device. They should have ditched the pump, in favor of a custom (wedge shaped) 10 ml+ silicone bottle. Or, simply made a non-squonk X-class as an updated G, or an alternative to the abismal T-class... Missed opportunities abound. Typical LOL
Living is the only thing worth dying for...
#20 (permalink)      10/10/2020 10:23:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4713
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2842
Camouflage it is I guess...I hope it feels high quality. According to Analogue's timeline, it is the 2nd iteration of g class. Kinda digging it for some reason...
What does he mean when he says words?
#21 (permalink)      10/11/2020 3:51:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
c411um
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 2278
  • Reviews 147
  • Kudos2287
+1 details
Apart from the original S-class, none of their mods could really be considered mini in comparison to other mods on the market.
Their designers are complete morons imo.
There's stupid, and then there's Trump Derangement Syndrome stupid