Yihi 10th Anniversary?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/9/2020 2:35:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4721
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2849
+2 details
Yihi 10th Anniversary?
So I guess to celebrate, SX mini and co. are liquidating some of their older and nicer products. Several vendors are in on it, with normal prices cut in half or more..

If you've always wanted a G Class, they are less than 100.00.

Mod (Anniepan) edited on 10/9/2020 at 9:29 PM. Reason: Advertisement
What does he mean when he says words?
#2 (permalink)      10/9/2020 3:43:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12716
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19319
Ah, thats why the sales are taking place.
Wondered...

Have the same one above as you.
Use it daily.

Was looking at the single battery one beforehand but its only 18650 as I don't need 2 SL Class mods.

/Goes off to take a peek at the G class but don't recall seeing that one for sale.

**Found it - too big for me. ๐Ÿ˜”

Edited on 10/9/2020 at 3:44 PM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      10/9/2020 4:16:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2649
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2117
carrion4worm wrote:

So I guess to celebrate, SX mini and co. are liquidating some of their older and nicer products. Several vendors are in on it, with normal prices cut in half or more...

I doubt an anniversary has anything to do with it.

From time to time, some retailers, not just China-based ones, do throw out Yihi stuff at prices to make those who paid retail gnash their teeth. I've benefited in the past myself from just such large clearance price drops.

Both the G and SL are recommended at that price. But if one hasn't owned an SX-mini before, bare in mind the parasitic battery drain that afflicts pretty-much all the SX chip-sets. And, Yihi won't honour their warranty on any discounted kit.

Mod (Anniepan) edited on 10/9/2020 at 9:32 PM. Reason: Advertisement
It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#4 (permalink)      10/9/2020 4:20:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2649
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2117
+1 details
Still.Me wrote:

Goes off to take a peek at the G class but don't recall seeing that one for sale.**Found it - too big for me. ๐Ÿ˜”

Trust me, the G isn't that big for a dual 18650. It does have a weight to it though.

#5 (permalink)      10/9/2020 4:40:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4721
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2849
I know that yihi could not possibly make a weirder menu system...lol, I'm a DNA guy and this thing is weird. Only other one I've owned is the VBoy and it didn't have the joystick.
What does he mean when he says words?
#6 (permalink)      10/9/2020 6:21:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12716
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19319
I had several YiHi mods before this SL but I too prefer the original buttons, rather than the joystick.

That is one reason why I havent hopped on these deals.

Trust me, the G isn't that big for a dual 18650. It does have a weight to it though.

I understand. In my case I think I am past a weightier mod. Joystick again as well.

#7 (permalink)      10/9/2020 7:15:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pewpew
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 2652
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1094
Sun goes toward winter, by the season I'm looking for something like RX2/3 powerful and bulky to sit on desk/coffee/night table.
The answer to 1984 is 1973 ยง Panasonic or Samsung - that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer.
#8 (permalink)      10/9/2020 11:21:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7707
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4504
pewpew wrote:

Sun goes toward winter, by the season I'm looking for something like RX2/3 powerful and bulky to sit on desk/coffee/night table.

Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#9 (permalink)      10/10/2020 2:35:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2649
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2117
Still.Me wrote:

I had several YiHi mods before this SL but I too prefer the original buttons, rather than the joystick.

That is one reason why I havent hopped on these deals.

Both the G-Class and the Q-Mini were released at much the same time, giving people the choice of menu buttons or joystick, on what are essentially identically performing mods.

At the time of release, people did site a preference for the Q-Mini over the G's differing menu system and joystick control. And yet over time, the G outsold the Q-Mini many times over, becoming one of Yihi's best selling devices.

To be honest, I took to the joystick control very quickly, and have no preference between that or button control. But yes, some never did get used to that silver nipple, and claimed similar when the Proton and it's joystick (from Innokin) made an appearance last year.

#10 (permalink)      10/10/2020 4:06:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12716
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19319
^ ^ Thats right. Now I recall the order of succession.

I purchased the Q class which came out just before the Q Mini. Loved that one but it gave out on me after 2 years, around the same time that the ML class finally began to, although it was a year plus older than the Q.

The M class, older than both by another year, kept on going although it was my least favourite.

When I first purchased this SL class I immediately disliked the joystick although I have come to terms with it but would have preferred an updated ML class with a larger 27100 battery.

I think that the G class came out shortly after they did a model with what looked like a spinner thingy at the top?! At which point I sort of shied away from their busier looking mods.

Toying with picking up that 18650 version, the one before the ML class. Maybe.
#11 (permalink)      10/10/2020 6:49:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2649
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos2117
+2 details
Still.Me wrote:

^ ^ Thats right. Now I recall the order of succession.

I purchased the Q class which came out just before the Q Mini. Loved that one but it gave out on me after 2 years, around the same time that the ML class finally began to, although it was a year plus older than the Q.

The Q-Mini was the 'refreshed' replacement for the original Q-Class a year or so earlier. Many unkindly said at the time, that the Mini was what the Q should have been. I actually rather liked the larger Q though, along with the option of changing the panels (something one couldn't do with the updated Mini) and the motion sensor for screen orientation.

Still.Me wrote:

The M class, older than both by another year, kept on going although it was my least favourite.

The M-Class was very much like the Q-Class and the Q-Mini, insofar as people critically claimed at the time that the M-Class was what the S-Class should have been. However, the M was what essentially formed Yihi's reputation of building mods that were difficult to kill. My own M-Class has long-since been retired, yet still works perfectly after a hard life!

Still.Me wrote:

I think that the G class came out shortly after they did a model with what looked like a spinner thingy at the top?! At which point I sort of shied away from their busier looking mods.

That would be the T-Class, which was the following 'flagship' mod that replaced the G-Class. And yes, those damned spinners effectively killed it stone dead. I was reliably told at a later date, that sales of the T were (unsurprisingly) very disappointing, and nothing approaching those of the G.

Still.Me wrote:

Toying with picking up that 18650 version, the one before the ML class. Maybe.

I'm guessing you mean the MX-Class, which as a single 18650 mod, finally replaced the older ML-Class. Eminently suitable for those lower power users who don't like the size of dual-battery mods. Other than people's differing tastes in design aesthetics, I've heard very little criticism of it. :-)

Edited on 10/10/2020 at 6:51 AM. Reason: Typo